OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Just on the codec issue offbyone.... would it be possible to work with Hoborg to get SAF working as the supported way of using this plugin? SAF seems to be becoming the "default" codec set for MP, particularly for those interested in h.264 hardware acceleration. Some collaboration here, rather than developing another codec install process, would help make the plugin more stable and supportable.

Thanks again for moving this plugin forward.... I really like this capability in MP, and MichelC's StreamedMP support completes the plugin for me. Apple Trailers has great WAF. Thanks guys.

Hmmm.... just found revision 3 wasn't working either...... changed the rss feeds to large-flash and it now works, so think I still haven't got MOV's working totally correctly yet.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just on the codec issue offbyone.... would it be possible to work with Hoborg to get SAF working as the supported way of using this plugin? SAF seems to be becoming the "default" codec set for MP, particularly for those interested in h.264 hardware acceleration. Some collaboration here, rather than developing another codec install process, would help make the plugin more stable and supportable.

Thanks again for moving this plugin forward.... I really like this capability in MP, and MichelC's StreamedMP support completes the plugin for me. Apple Trailers has great WAF. Thanks guys.

Hmmm.... just found revision 3 wasn't working either...... changed the rss feeds to large-flash and it now works, so think I still haven't got MOV's working totally correctly yet.

That would be my ideal way, too ;) I'm trying to get a list of codecs needed to play the formats provided by online sides. Problem is, I also need to make a list what codecs "get in the way" (like haali not splitting mp4 correctly when using web streams).
    On my system revision 3 works with both mov and flv. I don't have Quicktime or the Medialooks DirectShow filter installed, I am using the MP4 Splitter from mpc-hc. That one does mov splitting as well. The audio and video inside the mov container are then played by ffdshow. (MPC-HC video decoder can't handle all audio inside movs).

sens_2002

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sorry, I have a problem with installation of this plugin!

I think my mistake was that I have not uninstalled a previous version (0.5) and just double-clicked on the file - "OnlineVideos0.8.3.mpi". It seemed to work but finally the list of channels was just empty. I checked - the xml file with all the streams is correctly installed in the beginning but once I open the MP configuration - it clears the file content so that it contains no stream informaiton anymore.
    I tried to uninstall and re-install a plugin using MP installer - but I cannot do that since it says "Invalig package" every time I try to uninstall it. Re-installing with MP installer stops with an error message that some dlls in the "ExternalPlayers" folder are blocked by another process.

I'd like to make a clean install of the latest version of this plugin. It there a way to manually uninstall it first?
    Thanks for your help!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    The audio and video inside the mov container are then played by ffdshow. (MPC-HC video decoder can't handle all audio inside movs).

OK, maybe thats my problem..... I'm not using ffdshow. I assume the codecs as set in the video player section of MP configuration dictate how online videos plays media as well? I use CoreAVC for h.264 and Power DVD 7 codec for mpeg-2.

Edit: Yep found the problem. For some strange reason way back when, I had decided to use the original MPA decoder that came with MP for audio (default is best, right??). Changed to ffdshow (for audio, not video) and Revision 3 now works with quicktime streams. Still using PDVD for mpeg2 and Coreavc for h.264.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    DOH! This really IS "whack a mole". In my effort to get MOV streams on Revision 3 working (which they still are by the way), I've managed to break the MP4 streams, and I don't know what it is. TedTalks and NASA no longer work.

If I download the file, I can play it no problem, so the codecs I have are working. Just not with the stream. When I play the downloaded file, the MPC MP4 splitter is being used.

I've attached a log of the play attempt. It looks the graph is not being created properly, with messages that the pins on the VMR9 renderer are not connected. Not sure if this is the problem itself, or just a symptom of the underlying problem.

Also, notice all the image download errors. I can't seem to get thumbs from NASA or TedTalks either.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe CoreAVC can't handle the webstream? My preferred method for h.264 is MPC-HC Video Decoder (which will use Hardware accelaration for correct encoded files). I don't have CoreAVC installed.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Functioned with this Plugin also RTL Now ??

Probably won't in the near future, there is a lot of non free content and no rss feeds. I have tried to get it working looking at the relict plugin but didn't get it to work in a decent amount of time. Maybe when the plugin itself is stable enough I'll look into that again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom