OnlineVideos 0.33 (19.09.2011) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have exactly the same problem. The plugin configuration does not show any sites.
    I tried to delete all leftover files manually but still no luck.
    There seems to be a part of MP or a plugin, which deletes the content in the online videos site list xml file.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have a small request.. instead of enter pin button (get rid of it), make two options in context menu - enter pin and forget pin - the names are self explanatory :)

Hi, I don't think the context menu is a good position for the adult pin button. It might be confusing because what is the actual "context" in that case? I already made the change that the pin is forgotton when exiting the plugin (will be in next version).

Hi offbyone,
    with OnlineVideo V 0.8.0 all things work fine. But after the installation of V 0.8.3 I had the problem while playing YouTube-Videos: Audio-Codec fail (see post above).
    I was going back to V 0.8.0 and now its running correctly on my MP.
    Did you make any changes at the codecs inside V 0.8.3???
    Thx
    Ma2xx

I only changed how the playback of the webstreams are started, but I already realized by the many posts that every PC codec setup is different, so i'm still working on getting a way to make playback work all the time. Meanwhile you can change the playmode setting in the OnlineVideoSites.xml from Stream to Video and see if that works.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    by context menu i thought the menu showed by f9 or by "menu" remote button.. it can be used for various things.. that's where i would place this function (this way it's a bit more hidden also)..

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a serious problem with the MPI installer that several of us have run in to now. Once the installation gets corrupted (which appears to happen if you install a new version over an older copy), there's no way to uninstall it. It remains in the MPInstaller section of the plugin config, and trying to uninstall it from there throws up an invalid install error.

Meanwhile deleting every file by hand does nothing; it remains in the MPInstaller config, and installing a new version shows a blank list of sites. It would be very helpful to know exactly what files get installed and what gets modified when this plugin is installed because clearly we aren't finding everything.

KeesVDP

Portal Member
    May 2, 2006
    Another update... when I installed FLVSplitter.ax (newer version), MatroskaSplitter.ax, MP4Splitter.ax and MPCVideoDec.ax then it is working for me...

Next time I will add them one by one to make sure which it is that's making it work.
    /Thrilled

I tried installing just FLVSplitter.ax and it's working, I can't check audio at the moment, but video works.

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi all
    First i ve to say this is a great plugin !
    All work fine with me but i ve a problem with the token of yahoo i suppose my issue depend becouse i'm using ie 8 i test it in 2different computers with the same error

here the snapshot

well i resolved the problem with the installation of the file missing microsoft.mshtml.dll in the mediaportal directory

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Meanwhile deleting every file by hand does nothing; it remains in the MPInstaller config, and installing a new version shows a blank list of sites. It would be very helpful to know exactly what files get installed and what gets modified when this plugin is installed because clearly we aren't finding everything.

I doubt we need or want that level of detail - we just need the uninstaller to correctly handle uninstalling "bad" installations.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country

I doubt we need or want that level of detail - we just need the uninstaller to correctly handle uninstalling "bad" installations.

What do you mean you doubt we would want or need that level of detail? You don't speak for me; I would like it, and I could argue that right now I even need it, because this plugin is not only completely broken for me, but stuck in my Media Portal configuration.

Update, I figured out how to find it myself, for anyone else curious, if you edit config.xml in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer you'll see all the files it adds; I'm in the process of manually cleaning everything out now. I'll post if it works.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I wasn't meaning to speak for you, so sorry if you took it that way. I was merely suggesting that you wouldn't need it if the installer handled cleaning up old / bad installs properly, which is obviously the right way to go here.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I wasn't meaning to speak for you, so sorry if you took it that way. I was merely suggesting that you wouldn't need it if the installer handled cleaning up old / bad installs properly, which is obviously the right way to go here.

My mistake, this just irritates me at the moment. :sorry:

As it happens I agree with you, the mpi installer doesn't work well at all. Is there a way we could get (even as an option) a file list to manually install? Now that I think of it this is the only "big" plugin I've seen that even uses mpi.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom