OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm not sure what flash uses to play videos and I don't think you can change it. I haven't tried the new plugin on a tv in a while. I didn't think there would be a difference. Anybody else having trouble using this plugin on a tv?

I just had a thought that this could be due to Media Portal being set to be always on top. Will check tonight

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm not sure what flash uses to play videos and I don't think you can change it. I haven't tried the new plugin on a tv in a while. I didn't think there would be a difference. Anybody else having trouble using this plugin on a tv?

I just had a thought that this could be due to Media Portal being set to be always on top. Will check tonight

Disabling the 'always on top' option did not fix this for me. Also, when playing an online video and going back a page, the small video window is just black (sound works). This still makes me think that it is a overlay issue :| The problem has only started sometime in the last few weeks, svn wise. If I get some time ill test some more

edit: I just went to 'my tv' and *just* before the tv picture appeared, I saw a frame of the video that FLV was just playing??

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA

Disabling the 'always on top' option did not fix this for me. Also, when playing an online video and going back a page, the small video window is just black (sound works). This still makes me think that it is a overlay issue :| The problem has only started sometime in the last few weeks, svn wise. If I get some time ill test some more

edit: I just went to 'my tv' and *just* before the tv picture appeared, I saw a frame of the video that FLV was just playing??

It might be an issue with the svn version you are using. What svn # are you using?

sxjxcx

Portal Member
August 28, 2007
VLC player?

Using MPlayer to watch Apple trailers seems to cause the video to freeze and stutter on repeat (which i assume happens when the internet connection can't keep up). Anyone have this problem? Is there a way to fix it, or is there a way to have the Apple trailers play in VLC?

nabbster

Portal Member
February 23, 2006
Feel a little guilty asking for more when so much has been done already but hey here it goes, you mention in front page addtional site support well i would love to see these 2

1, joox.net
2, www.tv-links.co.uk

both have great online content and are arranged in to easy catagories

thanks in advance

z2ty

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
Using MPlayer to watch Apple trailers seems to cause the video to freeze and stutter on repeat (which i assume happens when the internet connection can't keep up). Anyone have this problem? Is there a way to fix it, or is there a way to have the Apple trailers play in VLC?

affirmative. At some point the trailers always get stuck and sound keeps repeating. Very annoying.
Typically happens with trailers > 3min. Pausing and resuming doesn't help... I can definitely rule out my internet connection as a possible cause.

this problem however is mplayer related.. I can reproduce the behaviour within windows using the very same parameters Media Portal does :-(

edit: running gmplayer without any extra options and streaming http://movies.apple.com//movies/disney/piratesofthecaribbean2/piratesofthecaribbean2-fte_h640w.mov is terrible. It's running out of sync after a few frames and shows the behaviour described above. VideoLAN isn't even remotely that bitchy and plays the movie flawlessly.

edit: videolan within media portal that is. See sxjxcx's post. Add ".mov" to the supported extensions and there you go.

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
i'm having extrange behaviours when using this plugin with latest SVN, anyone else hs tried it? for example when watching flv player, the video surface keeps on top and i can't come back to mp interface.

Also, are you considering to add this feature? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=174793&postcount=420 it could be also interesting to have some visual feedback (and also in all mp plugins and features, but that is another history...) when using this plugin.. for example, a popup window saying what is happening (connecting to server, waiting for response, receiving data, etc) and may be also a progress bar if it were possible... when someone is using mp and press over a apple trailer for example, it takes some seconds (or even minutes) to start... and the user doesn't know if the program is freezed, or what in the hell is happening... all what he gets is, sometimes (does not ever work...) the spining animation... but a lot of times, it keeps spinning and spinning again with no results... and if i return to previous screen in mp, the animation doesn't close until i exit mp... very annoying...

other than this, thanks for your work, i hope that my suggestions helps you improving this great plugin...

regards,

z2ty

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
no problems with flv player and the very latest svn build.
However I am unable to see Stage6 movies.. I can here them though. Any hints?

And I discovered a bug with the apple trailers. It sometimes plays the trailer you watched before. If you go out and start it again it's playing the right trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom