OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisome

September 1, 2007
Hey z2ty,

Follow the same steps that you would for Apple Trailers, except select .avi instead of .mov.

You need the mplayer plugin plus mplayer and codecs.

Good luck!

Noisome

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
i've just tested the plugin on Stage6 videos and it works fine without using MPlayer for AVI files (and also, i can't understand why i need mplayer with this plugin, because i can watch videos in mov format in mp without mplayer... and i prefer so much using builtin player than mplayer for avi files). The problem is, that when trying to play stage6 videos it takes A LOT of time before starting (and as i said in a previous post, there is no visual feedback about what is happening...) and i don't know why, but when using MPlayer plugin it starts in a few seconds only... it happens the same for quicktime videos. I've ffdshow decoder installed only, and no other plugins, with it i can see 90% videos in mp.

regards,

noisome

September 1, 2007
The only problem with Mplayer is the standard buffering before the play, as it is not as large as mp is. Therefore mp gets smoother play.

However, z2ty has the same problem I have. I have ffdshow decoder installed as well as a multitude of others and I do not get video with the builtin player. Mplayer solved that problem as well as the long loading time to begin playing stage6 videos with mp. Mplayer to me, currently, seems like the better choice for them.

Noisome

z2ty

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
I don't have ffdshow filters installed - I'm astonished myself.. usually I have. Still it should be able to play .avi/.divx out of the box since I have the DivX codec installed. I'd prefer to keep the internal player for .avi files... divx movies on my harddisk work just fine. Only the stage6 streams won't show.. I know you have to wait a while.. that's because it's actually downloading - not streaming (I believe).. but still.. it won't show any picture. Maybe I'll try installing ffdshow.. maybe not... didn't miss it so far :)

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
.... and also, i can't understand why i need mplayer with this plugin, because i can watch videos in mov format in mp without mplayer...

regards,

Yeah, I don't get it either.

As I posted earlier, in my experience it works just fine without the MPlayer plugin. Same for Stage6.

In fact, I couldn't get it to work with the MPlayer plugin after a feeble try, then I realized that it works perfectly without it:)

Go figure....

z2ty

Portal Member
August 19, 2007
worse and worse.
for me.. it (apple quicktime trailers) does not work without the vlc or mplayer plugin. I did install ffdshow.
Now however.. all the movies look too bright.. black is like.. grey. milky! And it's no going away by adjusting brightness.. I wonder where this milkyness of death comes from :| I wanted to reinstall windows some time soon anyway :-/

edit:
regarding the inability to see stage6 movies: no change on that subject. I can hear the movie playing.. I cannot see it though. But running Media Portal in windowed mode I realized MP loses focus on playback. Also when the movie finishes I can see the very last frame, where it stops. So my guess is.. it IS playing the video.. but it's hidden somewhere :|

edit2:
again the quicktime thing..
2007-09-03 16:28:50.046875 [Info.][6]: Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.StopRadioCommand failed reason:No tuner cards installed time:0 msec
2007-09-03 16:28:50.046875 [Info.][MPMain]: AudioPlayerWMP9: Disabling DX9 exclusive mode
2007-09-03 16:28:50.046875 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: DX exclusive mode: False
2007-09-03 16:28:50.078125 [Info.][MPMain]: Audioplayer:play http://movies.apple.com/movies/ifc_...esewith/iwantsomeonetoeatcheesewith_h640w.mov
2007-09-03 16:29:25.296875 [Info.][MPMain]: Audioplayer: failed to load http://movies.apple.com/movies/ifc_...esewith/iwantsomeonetoeatcheesewith_h640w.mov
2007-09-03 16:29:25.296875 [Info.][MPMain]: player:ended
2007-09-03 16:29:25.328125 [Info.][MPMain]: window:OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos deinit
2007-09-03 16:29:25.359375 [Info.][MPMain]: texturemanager:CleanupThumbs()
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104755
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: window:MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen init
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: Windowmanager:goto previous window
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104755
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: window:MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen deinit
2007-09-03 16:29:25.375000 [Info.][MPMain]: texturemanager:CleanupThumbs()
2007-09-03 16:29:25.406250 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104755
2007-09-03 16:29:25.406250 [Info.][MPMain]: window:OnlineVideos.GUIOnlineVideos init

audioplayer?

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
z2ty:

when viewing stage6 videos, try pressing X key... the video is playing, but don't know why it doesn't get focus now. I'm not sure if this is a bug from mp or it's a bug in this plugin.

gregmac45:

there is some issues using the built-in player in media portal. So i suggest you the following things in future version (for other users, please post your oppinions here also)

- Add a new button in the MP screen to update the xml file containing the sources for videos (as i've suggested before, this xml can be placed in any server and updated by you every time that there is changes in any source). A better idea could be that this file could be mantained by the community, creating different categories for each language (that is, sources in any language)

- Add more visual feedback. A dialog showing "Contacting with server...", "Parsing HTML file...", "Streaming content XX %..." etc

- Correct a bug when canceling the video download. Currently if you are watching the spinning hourglass in screen, and you go back to main screen, the video streaming is not cancelled and it keeps eating resources...

- Fix compatibility with buil-in player in MP, for users (like me) that doesn't want to use MPlayer plugin...

regards,

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
@z2ty:

when viewing stage6 videos, try pressing X key... the video is playing, but don't know why it doesn't get focus now. I'm not sure if this is a bug from mp or it's a bug in this plugin.

@gregmac45:

there is some issues using the built-in player in media portal. So i suggest you the following things in future version (for other users, please post your oppinions here also)

- Add a new button in the MP screen to update the xml file containing the sources for videos (as i've suggested before, this xml can be placed in any server and updated by you every time that there is changes in any source). A better idea could be that this file could be mantained by the community, creating different categories for each language (that is, sources in any language)

- Add more visual feedback. A dialog showing "Contacting with server...", "Parsing HTML file...", "Streaming content XX %..." etc

- Correct a bug when canceling the video download. Currently if you are watching the spinning hourglass in screen, and you go back to main screen, the video streaming is not cancelled and it keeps eating resources...

- Fix compatibility with buil-in player in MP, for users (like me) that doesn't want to use MPlayer plugin...

regards,

I will move the settings to the mediaportal.xml and the sites to OnlineVideoSites.xml. I believe there are more important feature than automatic update of the xml file that need to be added first. if someone would like to write something to do this please be my guest.

I'll see about adding some info about the status. But I'm not sure how useful that would be as this plugin doesn't perform the download before playback. It is done by the player(internal or external)

You don't have to use the mplayer plugin. The VideoLan plugin is an alternative. Some users have gotten ffdshow to play streaming .mov files in MP. This plugin does not have specific code for mplayer. This plugin delegates playback to MP. If you would like .mov playback with the built in player, please make request to the MP developers.

BTW: Videolan plugin works but is buggy. Sometimes the video doesn't play fullscreen. Most of the times trying to play 2 different trailers will result in the same trailer playing twice. Example: I play transformers trailer first. then I try to play the trailer for the last legion The videolan plugin will play transformers instead of the last legion. For some reason the videolan plugin is leaving transformers on the queue and adding the last legion to the end of the queue.

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
O.K., I had to get rid of CCCP and went back to Vista Codec Pack.

CCCP worked with the Apple trailers, but it's a buggy beast and crashed MP constantly: I would get a black screen with sound, which tells me that the codecs are not registering properly (I might by totally wrong here.) In any event, CCCP made MP very unstable. Also, I noticed that it would play a an Apple or Stage 6 trailer fine the first time, but it showed the spinning wheel with sound when playing the same clip subsequesntly (X usually brought back the picture.)

So, I deleted CCCP QT Lite and Real Alternative (CCCP doesn't have these,) and any broken codecs with Codec Sniper (highly recommend it.) Then I installed the latest Vista Codec Pack.

Now MP is rock solid again. Stage 6 HD DVD trailers play perfectly. Apple trailers, however, are sporadic. Most don't play, but a few do, consistently.

I haven't tried hard to make mplayer work, but afaik it uses its own codecs, which may help if the codecs on the machine are messed up.

I can live without some of the Apple trailers, but it would be great if the MP developers get .mov to work with an internal player.

BTW, Apple has some great documentaries in HD on their site. Any chance these can be linked by Online Videos?

redskillz

September 4, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
2007-09-04 10:35:10.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
2007-09-04 10:35:10.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void Clear(Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.ClearFlags, Int32, Single, Int32, System.Drawing.Rectangle[])
2007-09-04 10:35:10.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2007-09-04 10:35:10.421875 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Clear(ClearFlags flags, Int32 color, Single zdepth, Int32 stencil, Rectangle[] regions)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Clear(ClearFlags flags, Color color, Single zdepth, Int32 stencil)
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

it starts the plugin but i cant watch youtube vids, the player appears but dissapears in like 2 seconds and nothing starts playing.

Tryed the last version,
installed like said in the readme.txt
Using MP 2.20
latest video drivers..

thnx :) it would be great if it worked here well 2

/edit

sorry if im questioning the question double...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom