OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HooX - Thanks.

Well I went ahead and updated to latest SVN: MediaPortal-svn--09-19-2007--01-02-Rev15959.exe

Same issue Unhandled Exception. Attached is the configuration.log file.

I have placed OnlineVideoSites.xml and player.swf in the folder: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

I have placed AxInterop.shockwaveFlashObjects.dll, FLPlayer.dll, Interop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll, & VideoLAN.dll in the folder: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers

I placed OnlineVideos.dll into the folder: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows

Then the associated jpegs and xml files were placed into the BlueTwo skin folder and media folder of BlueTwo.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    HooX - Could you send me your OnlineVideoSites.xml file?
    You can "xxxx" out any passwords if you have them setup that way. I just want to see and maybe copy the format that is being used. I have not tried this new version in the configuration that gregmac45 is using.

Mike

HooX

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Has mailed u the .xml file now.
    u should maybe edit your last post and erase your mail :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    error still exists

I took HooX's pre-loaded OnlineVideoSites.xml file and I still have the same problem with the UnhandledException error. What is also strange is when I opened the configuration for the OnlineVideos plugin I was expecting to see it preloaded with the information fromHoox's file which I used. If you look at it, you can see that it isn't loaded. Strange!

Attachments

• OnlineVideos-config.PNG
      OnlineVideos-config.PNG
      27.9 KB

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    mzemina

I'm getting that error when trying to add new rss sources in configuration.

The main problem in this plugin is not related to the plugin (i think), the problem is that there is NO VISUAL FEEDBACK and the user doesn't know what in the hell is happening in the background. There is no buffering messages, no info about the preload, etc, and the user can't cancel the process once it's started. Sometimes you forget that you have selected a video for watching and then you go to mp home screen, and any other screen, and suddenly, after some minutes... BOUM! the video starts playing....

Another issue, when trying to watch Game Trailer videos there is A LOT of them that does not work, anyone else can confirm this?

i hope that you can solve those bugs..

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I took HooX's pre-loaded OnlineVideoSites.xml file and I still have the same problem with the UnhandledException error. What is also strange is when I opened the configuration for the OnlineVideos plugin I was expecting to see it preloaded with the information fromHoox's file which I used. If you look at it, you can see that it isn't loaded. Strange!
    This is not strange. The reason is very simple. You should look at the location of your bass visualization. There you should find another OnlineVideoSettings.xml. The reason is that gregmac doesn't use the MP function to determine the correct directory location for the configuration file. I encountered this problem some time ago, but forgot to post it here, since it has some other side effects.

That there is no visual feedback at all, is really a problem. I think that it would be better if the plugin shows a dialog window like the plugin "My News" while fetching the thumbnails etc. from online video sites. This would at least give the user the ability to abort this process.
    A visual feedback about the buffering status has to be implemented by the player or MP, since MP currently doesn't has this feature.

MisterD

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    OK - Both MisterD and patricon seem to be sayng approximately the same thing.

So now I need to ask: Where should the OnlineVideoSettings.xml file be located?

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I remember correctly the file has to be at located at:
    a) Installation directory of MP, where Mediaportal.xml is located. This file will be used in MP, if you don't play music with the internal bass player.
    b) The location of your visualization (e.g. %INSTALL_PATH%\MusicPlayer\Plugins\visualizations\). This file will be used in the configuration app and in MP when you have played music.
    The reason is that the plugin loads the file from the current working directory, which is changed by the bass player.

MisterD

Stone

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2007
    Settings are not saved:

When i select 720p or 1080p for the Apple movie trailers and i restart the MP configuaration and go back in the configuration of the OnlineVideo Plugin the quality is back to h640.

In the mediaportal.xml is only this entry:

<section name="onlinevideos">
    <entry name="view">0</entry>
    </section>

Anybody who can help me?

wid

September 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    OnlineVideos & Hauppauge remote 45 button

Hello,
    I've installed MP RC2 with the latest SVN-Snapshot: 09-15-2007 01-05h - Revision:15898

When I play a stream with flv I cannot remote control the video. I need to wait to finish the video to MP gets again the control.

Anyone knows how to configure the remote to control flv or flash player?

Thanks,

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom