OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donshyoku

Portal Member
December 2, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to remove the sources we don't want in the list? I am grateful for all the sites, but would like to disable a few of them that I never use from taking up the menu space... any thoughts?

Thanks for a great plugin. This is my one, can't-live-without plugin!

Hi, you might want to give this a try :

Locate the file OnlineVideoSites.xml in your mediaportal directory and open it with Notepad
(You might want to backup a copy of OnlineVideoSites.xml before you do this).

You should see the Sources in the format like:

<site>
<name>YouTube</name>
<id>1</id>
<user></user>
<password></password>
<confirm>yes</confirm>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
</site>
<site>
<name>OtherSite..</name>
<enable>yes</enable>
</site>

Now, locate the Sources you don't want and change :

<enable>yes</enable>
to
<enable>no</enable>

for each site you don't want.

Save the file. It should now dissapear from the list.

Sounds good but I can't find the file! I looked around manually and didn't spot it or anything similar and Vista's search indexing horrible; it didn't show up in the search of the directory. Any ideas?

EDIT: I downloaded the last recent version (not the MPI of the latest release), found the file and placed it. I changed the strings in the XML, but they still appear in the list in MP.

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Several streaming sites do not play

Hi there,

I have just reinstalled my Mediaportal to 0230 and the latest SVN- all working.
I installed Mplayer plugin and the 032 of Online video. FLV plugin is also installed.

I cannot get some of the streams to work. In particular Youtube and Stage6.
I placed my user and password, but it fails.
For Youtube, it just flashes and then comes back to the list.
For Stage6 it starts to load, and the HD seems like it is downloading but then it just goes back to the list.
Do I have to enable the Mplayer for more file extentions?
divx, mov, wmv are enabled for the Mplayer.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.
Also, if anyone has got Joox to work, I would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks a lot,
Rick

Donshyoku

Portal Member
December 2, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Home Country
Hi there,

I have just reinstalled my Mediaportal to 0230 and the latest SVN- all working.
I installed Mplayer plugin and the 032 of Online video. FLV plugin is also installed.

I cannot get some of the streams to work. In particular Youtube and Stage6.
I placed my user and password, but it fails.
For Youtube, it just flashes and then comes back to the list.
For Stage6 it starts to load, and the HD seems like it is downloading but then it just goes back to the list.
Do I have to enable the Mplayer for more file extentions?
divx, mov, wmv are enabled for the Mplayer.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.
Also, if anyone has got Joox to work, I would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks a lot,
Rick

Try this: Go to the MediaPortal configuration utility and choose Plugins. There you will have options to enablea and disable plugins.

Under External Players, you will see FlvPlayer. For some reason, it installed but was disabled by default on mine and it did the same thing to me on YouTube.

That might help!

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Thanks for the reply Donshyoku.
I had already enabled the FLV Player. I am not sure if the Mplayer should have .flv checked for it, or does the flvplayer take control of that. There is no configuration in my flvplayer.

More info:
When trying to browse for the mplayer in the mplayer plugin, it want to find the gui with 'gmplayer.exe'. I have never seen the gui called that. I had set it to the comand line mplayer.exe. It did not work.
So I copied the gui file MPUI.exe to gmplayer.exe and tried to point to that.
Now the external gui loads, but it says it is unable to play the stream. The error says the command line is:
C:\Program Files\MPlayer for Windows\mplayer.exe" -slave -identify

If I past that in my start run, I get an error stating: cannot find 'c:\Program'.
However, if I only paste: C:\Program Files\MPlayer for Windows\mplayer.exe , the command line pops up.
So why is the Onlinevideos plugin using these parameters, and no URL?

Hope this info can help find a solution.
I find it annoying that the youtube will not even work. It seems like others can get this to work.
Google video does work, as well as a couple of others.

Has anyone got Stage6 to work?

Thanks again,
Rick

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
More info:
I have tried to set this up on 4 different installations of MP in my house. Same result each time.
When I try to install the .32 version of this plugin in the installer, I get the same error during theinstall process:
The process cannot access the file f:\mediaportal\plugins\externalplayers\AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll because it used by another process. I cannot see what that process is. MP is shutdown.
It finishes the install though.

/Rick

Donshyoku

Portal Member
December 2, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Home Country
Okay, let's try a few more things.

First, did you have OnlineVideos installed on any of these machines prior to the last few days? As long as you did not have a version below 0.27, you are fine with FLVplayer because that's when it was added and the short changelog shows no modifications.

Secondly, the fact that that specific shockwave dll is in use means that you already have it installed, so that shouldn't be a major problem. It would be huge if it was completely missing!

Third, I want to try to address Flash before MPlayer. Be sure that you have the ActiveX version of the latest Flash Player installed in Internet Explorer. I've noticed a lot of people having trouble with Flash because of this reason. Be sure that you have it in ActiveX, OnlineVideos, and that the FLVplayer is installed and running. MPlayer is technically irrelevant for Flash (though it you can change that... see below). On my system, I do not have the MPlayer backend installed at all so I can't access some of the sources, but all of the Flash-based ones do work.

Finally, MPlayer. I can help resolve this issue at least and if the Flash instructions above didn't help, this just might! You can force MPlayer to be the backend for all media types, including Flash and it will entirely take over where the others have failed.

1) The CLI of MPlayer doesn't work. I have tried that before and it never worked for me either. You can install the GUI version from Entering MPlayer homepage and use that but it's really your only option at this point for an MPlayer backend.

2) Go to MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - Home, go to Plugins + Extensions and search for MPlayer. You want to download MyMPlayer v0.86 and install that package. The configuration is really nice about walking you through all the options, so configure at your heart's content and then move on to the next step. Also, be sure that you point the gmplayer.exe to the one you just downloaded from the official MPlayer site.

3) Go into your MediaPortal Configuration utility, go to Plugins and turn on the MPlayer backend in External Players. You don't need to configure this as you have just done that in the last step through setup. Also, be sure to unmark FLVplayer so that MPlayer can run with flv format without any conflicts.

4) Go into the Configure of OnlineVideos and check the box 5 spots down that says to use MPlayer for all videos.

5) Exit your MediaPortal Configuration utility and try to play YouTube again. Also, take a stab at Stage6. If Stage6, sitll isn't working for you, let me know because I have some more ideas on that.

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Hi Donshyoku
Thank you for taking the time to write all that.
I did not have an earlier version of OnlineVideos. I only started installing yesterday and used .30 and then .32.
I am not quite sure how to tell what flash plugin I have installed in IE.

I followed each step. The Mplayer is now installed with the gmplayer.exe.
I have installed the 0.86 Mplayer plugin.
Disabled Flvplayer.

I still have the same problems problems.
I cannot find how to do the 4th step. I do not see this in OnlineVideos configuration. I have only the site list and login info for each. I would like to do this. I cannot hear Mplayer loading when I click something in Youube and Stage6.

Thanks again for your help on this.
Rick

Found the check for number 4 above. I ran the mpi again and this time chose to confiure it in the wizard.
It was there.
Funny it does not show up in the plugins config.

/Rick

-------------------------------------------------

OH YEAH!!!
Now it works!!!

I see thumbnails as well.

WOW this is is Awesome.

Thank you so much.

/Rick

Now I need to learn how to add the Stage6 channels. I tried to add the RSS like the others, but it only gets news, not the video clips.

-------------------------------------------

Regarding the Stage6, now that it is working, I wonder why the login is grayed out in the configuration of OnlineVideos plugin. All but Youtube is grayed out.
I tried editing the xml manually, but it overwrites it, removing my login and placing no on the confirm.

Anyone know why it does this?
I assume, once the login works I can see my favorites.

Thanks,
Rick

chris69

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Bayern
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, onlinevideos is very great.
Is it possible to use the Yahoo similar as Google?

rick78

Portal Pro
February 17, 2006
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Hi Chris,
I think it is possible, since Yahoo uses RSS as well.
Here is some info on Yahoo and shows how to get it in iTunes.
I believe it must be possible. Yahoo! Search Blog: Video Search To Go!

I tried to add a new site to my OnlineVideoSites.xml and use the search, but it does not show any output.
The ' {0} ' gives me the search field, but it does not return anything.

<site>
<name>Yahoo</name>
<id>51</id>
<user></user>
<password></password>
<confirm></confirm>
<enabled>yes</enabled>
<rss name="Search"><![CDATA[http://api.search.yahoo.com/VideoSearchService/rss/videoSearch.xml?appid=ysearchblog&adult_ok=0&results=50&format=mpeg&query={0}]]
></rss>
</site>

It would be super cool if someone could get this to work.

/Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom