OnlineVideos Plugin (now with Apple trailers) (v0.32 01-28-2008) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmac45

Portal Pro
March 17, 2006
AZ, USA
Actually 'x' is a standard MP key. It's used to toggle fullscreen.

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
gregmac - i think the problem is that x and esc just do not work while viewing onlinevideos in fullscreen. occasionally it does, but more often than not you have to wait untill the end of the video to escape from full screen.

ghizzu

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Great work! IMHO this plugin could be one of the better thing that happened to MP.
Some questions/issues, though:

1) DirectShow CAN play .flv videos, via Gabest' FLV Splitter and ffdshow. This way we could avoid cpu strain caused by the Flash Player and take advantage of the better postprocessing abilities of ffdshow. It would be possible to implement that in your plugin?

2) YouTube's .rss files are very limited, in so far they list only the first 15-20 files in the lists. It would be great to bypass the rss system and parse the html pages directly to obtain a more complete list. Furthermore, it would be fantastic if we could search for YouTube's Playlists, maybe the best thing YouTube has to offer.

3) Often YouTube videos have been removed for some reasons, can the user be informed of this? As for now, the MP player window stays black, and there's no way to know if the video has been removed or something else is going wrong.

METALGOD2099

April 19, 2006
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Here is idea to throw at ya

Here is idea to throw at ya

what about adding the ability to add any site or stream site not just rss feeds, that way it would grow and be all that is needed for media portal, so we can add in our fav video stream sites like comedy centra, daily show etc.

setup the configuration so we can enter in any number params types to be custom so can be adpoted to any site present and future. the ultimate stream plugin for media portal.

just a thought :)

METALGOD2099

Dado

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Italy
Help!

Hi,
this plugin is great! But unfortunately... I have a problem: when start to play a video I can hear only audio and video is black ("hourglass" on bluetwo 16:9 rotate continuosly). I have installed lastest flash player with IE and I have created the folder FlashVideos, too (under MediaPortal folder and I have changed xml file for this new path). I have already tried with other skins (MCE 16:9, Razor, etc)...

Please help me! I need this GREAT plugin!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Dado

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Same here! I can't find anything in the mediaportal.log that's indicationg something is wrong. Still..... I am not able to use the plugin. Trying to start a video results in having to close MP and start it again. Otherwise I have the "working" animation in the middle of my screen constantly.
I'm hoping for a fix! I realy liked the plugin (no probs wih the first beta).

I'm using the PMIII skin b.t.w.

Kingstonlim

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
guys, got some problem here, when i click on online video, it only show me black screen with the message "Missing or invalid files"?
how can i solve this problem? forgive me if this is a stupid question, i'm newbie to MediaPortal
thanks for help

Dado

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
Italy
Ok... now... I have enabled FLV player from MP configuration and all WORKS! Thisi is a great plugin! Great work!

Thanks,
Dado

shacknasty

Portal Pro
July 14, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
guys, got some problem here, when i click on online video, it only show me black screen with the message "Missing or invalid files"?
how can i solve this problem? forgive me if this is a stupid question, i'm newbie to MediaPortal
thanks for help

read all the pages in this thread, this issue has come up before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom