(Original Post) Preview : 'EVE' (1 Viewer)

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
May 21, 2008
ijsselstein
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After some restarting I've got my I viewer app again on the iPad. But still not starting up... When starting the app it gives a startup screen for 1 sec. Then the screen goes black for less then 1 sec. Then the startup screen comes back with the blue letters "one moment please" less then 1 sec later I'm back to springboard...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Strange. Can you check for the iViewer logs, see above? The log feature within the app is probably no way to get since its exiting so fast. I have added a shortcut to it by clicking theNorthcoders text in bottom right corner at startup but its probably too little time for that.

Do you have another iPad in the family or amongst friends where you can try the preview version connected to your htpc?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have informed a Command Fusion dev. about this. Let's see what he replies.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got reply from the Command Fusion developer:
    "Your user is running Cydia (jailbroken device) and the crash is triggered by something he installed (AdBlocker) that directly injects stuff in running JS contexts, possibly including iViewer."

So you have to uninstall AdBlocker in order to get MediaPortal iViewer to work. So this also explains why this is the first report of this kind.

WildcardNZ

May 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I would like to purchase this app for the ipad but there are two questions I have which the demo version can't answer for me:
    1) In order to stream over my wifi network from my tvserver to client PCs I had to add a buffer time of 1000ms via a registry entry on each client to get stutter free streaming. Does the app buffer the stream to make it work ok on slightly unreliable wifi?
    2) When using the app is the workload on the server higher than streaming to a normal PC based MP client? (i.e is something intensive like transcoding going on just for the stream sent to the ipad). I ask as my MP server PC is only mid level in power and want to make sure using this app won't max it out.

Thanks for your help.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1) The transcoded stream require less bandwidth and its buffered so you should be ok. Just use a stream profile that your wifi can handle. Lower qualities work fine with 3g.

2) Workload is much higher on the server when transcoding compared to reading a file. Cant give any general tios on what hardware is enough, you need to try.

Maybe you can try WebMP on another pc to check if server has enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom