(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottazzoli

Portal Member
September 5, 2006
Namibia
Thanks for this help.
I have find a solution to learn the DSTV SAT codes. After following all proposals (dark room, new batteries in the sender, away from the plasma...) the learning hase still not worked correctly.

When you see the text "Press button to learn now" wait 3 seconds befor you press the button.
Perhaps the learning process is not ready in time?

At all it works best.

Thanks, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
JPB

stryker

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
To anyone who has a marantz sr4200 decoder/amp out there, I tried my CCF file and it does not work. I'm looking around for any alternatives that will work. Trying to learn from the original marantz remote does not work. I'm interested in any suggestions or I'll post the answer should I find it myself.

Jon

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Interesting idea. Essentially what you're after is the ability to use my plugin for more types of inputs. In this case to map your keyboard with the same abilities you currently have for your remote

Just to clarify, does the plugin recognise the keyboard button presses in the Different Remote section?
    - It says "learned", yes....

If it can be recognised in the different remote section then you will need extra buttons to map it. But that shouldn't be too hard. If it doesn't then we need to make an input plugin for that keyboard, or re-write the keyboard mapper of mediaportal.
    - Sounds grat!

I could add a keyboard mapper section to my plugin (and I probably will) but how far do I go? Do I re-write all the input plugins in MediaPortal so they can utilize the services of my plugin, or do I push for some changes to mediaportal to help.
    - Hm.. didn-t get that, but as long as the keyboard would work as a standard keyboar - using the MCE-reciver; I'm happy. Assining keys to do different MP-things can be done "on the side"

At some point I have to face up to some hard truths about where this plugin is headed...
    - It's heading in the right direction; the ultimate MCE-input plugin :D

For instance, I think the name "MCE Replacement Plugin" no longer describes the plugin accurately. And the more I add these extra features the more meaningless that name becomes.
    - I agree. Whatever you nae it; a superb plugin it is.

One solution would be to split out the different features of the plugin into a whole series of plugins... (and that's probably what I will do)
    - Like: MCE-mapper, MCE-blaster, MCE-reciver etc....?

Of course that brings it's own issues ... For example, say I make the event mapper and the mce blasting into seperate plugins. This would then need a form of communication between the plugins so that, for example the event mapper could tell the blaster plugin to transmit an IR code. I figure I could use the GUI_MSG_USER message type to do this, and i'm testing just that at the moment.

However, the problem with that solution is that it doesn't really make things any easier for the end user, it actually could make things more complicated. And the plugin is complicated enough as it is!
    - I think its simple and intuitve. It all depends on the documentation-

To make this setup easier would probably require some changes to mediaportal itself, but either way, I'm going to need to do a lot more testing before I settle on a solution.

I'm also working on a suite of applications and plugins to better suit the Client/Server setup mediaportal is moving to. I've been putting a lot of time into it at the moment. And hope to have something useful soon.

I'll do some investigating into the idea you've raised and get back to you with something as soon as I can.

Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone's got any ideas for what I'm talking about, I'd love to hear them too.

Cheers,]

- Your work is highly appritiated!!!

mbrandwood

December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm a relative noob to MP but am generally pretty savy when it comes techie stuff. I'm trying to use your plugin as it sounds like just what I'm after but am having trouble installing it

First I DL the version at the start of this thread, and followed instructions therein including upgrading the IR driver. When I go into MP config section though I get an error message - "an error occured while loading the plugin MediaPortal.plugins.MCEReplacement. It's incompatible with the current Mediaportal version and won't be loaded".

I've trawled through the posts and tried the test versions you've posted but same problem.

Currently I've got the MCEReplacement.dll at:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\MCEReplacement.dll

The MCEReplacement folder is at:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process\MCEReplacement

MCE Replacement.xml is at:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults

Am I doing something stupid or is their a genuine compatibiility issue?

stryker

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Blasting IR with Marantz SR4200.

I've found a CCF file for my sr4200. I've created the .IR files. When I test them the IR bud flashes but still no responce from the sr4200. So far I've been trying to get the volume working. I know I have the bud right over the sr4200's IR receiver so obviously there is a problem with the software.

Any ideas? anyone?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you make sure that the receiver does not see the IR signal from the remote and from the bug at the same time?

There are some IR protocols that the MCEir drivers cannot replicate!

Did you try to use the standalone MCEir send DOS command? That way you can decide if it is with the code or the MCEir driver or with and-81's software.

Keep trying.

VdR

stryker

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    I'll try the dos command. Also with the IR codes that cannot be replicated, what are they? IE what standard?

Cheers.

mbrandwood

December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I decided to exercise a degree of caution and am running Version 0.2.0.0 with the Version 0.2.0.4 upgrade (the current stable version). Everything seems to be sweet but I just can't get this plugin to go. Should I be using the feature release instead (0.2.1.0)? If so, is there a trade off in terms of how stable / the number of features are in 0.2.1.0?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It can't do the codes for my Samsung LCD. :(

As far as I know this uses the NECx2 protocol.

VdR

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom