(original thread) MCE Replacement Plugin v1.0.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan711

Portal Member
September 11, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ive tried both .2.1 and .2.2 no luck on either

Red5

Portal Member
November 17, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
v0.2.1.0 I think (the TV_Box is turned off right now)

At this point I'm restricted to having to turn HIP off before I load MediaPortal otherwise my remote won't work.... I had to do this with my AverMedia remote and the general windows utility I was using for it (which is similar to HIP), and this is one of the problems I was hoping to do away with by using the Microsoft remote in the first place so it's a bit annoying!

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
So this doesn't work with 2.2 that was just released. I installed the SVN version and I get an error when I try to configure it. :-(

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is there any other functionality from the MCE remote replacement plug-in that you need?

I have a MCE remote and use the replacement drivers with the message plug-in and HIP. It works perfectly.

VdR

Red5

Portal Member
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think you've missed the point Vdr...

Although the plugin works fine with the replacement drivers in "native mode", I (and it would seem the others posting recently) CAN'T get the remote to work using "message mode", which means we can't use it with HiP loaded!

Now either I've not got HiP setup properly, which is entirely possible as the documentation for that absolutely sucks and I haven't had time to play around with that yet, or there's a problem with the MediaPortal plugin.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry I haven't posted for a while on this thread guys. I've been away for christmas and spending way too much time on my new Wii. I hope to get some work done on the plugin over the next week or so and I'll update the download site with a new version of the plugin. But from now on I'm only including a version for 0.2.2.0 in the download, which will support SVN as well.

For those having problems with Message Mode:

It could be a couple of things, I'll start with the obvious: You've ticked the check-box that enables Message Mode in the plugin setup?

Next thing it might be: If you use the plugin to blast an IR code while HIP/Girder is running it will confuse HIP/Girder and prevent it from seeing future button presses.

This is a big problem and one I'm working to overcome at the moment ...

Aside from the above, all I can suggest is that you try the Message Plugin, which is message mode by itself. If that works then it's a problem with the MCE Replacement plugin and I'll have to look into it further. When testing the message plugin make sure you disable MCE Replacement plugin to make sure it's not interfering.

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MessagePlugin/

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Forgot to ask, what error message is coming up when you try to configure the plugin with 0.2.2.0?

I've just grabbed the SVN release from the zip file and tried it with my 0.2.2.0 and it works fine ...

reprive

December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed the SVN version in MP 0.2.2.0 (SVN of yesterday), with the default driver. No issues or errors with installing.

Nice piece of work! One issue though: I'm trying to make the volume keys control my receiver. Did that by creating a few blaster commands and assigning these to volume +, volume - and mute instead of the normal actions. However when I try it in MP, the volume controls both the Windows volume and the receiver volume. Any ideas how I can fix this into only controlling the receiver? I removed the replacement driver mappings since I use the default driver, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Aaron:

Hope you had a nice holiday.

Here is the error I get when I go in to configure the plugin. There is a lot more to the error details, but this is the top part, which I am assuming is the important part.

System.MethodAccessException: MediaPortal.Util.Config.Get(Dir)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.MCEReplacement.LoadSettings()
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MCEReplacement.MCEReplacement.ShowPlugin()
    at MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

All the buttons on the remote seem to be working right (Play, pause, skip forward, Guide etc.) it is just not blasting to change channels on the sat box.

Thanks for all your work!!!

Dale

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom