(original thread) MP-TVSeries (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    As said before, there will be an alpha build, but not yet. It is not ready yet.

If you want to compile it yourself go ahead, but please do not post bugreports yet. The purpose of this thread was to inform about the current status, and to kind of split of discussion from the old plugin's thread. We are not ready to receive bug reports from the average user just yet, as we have a list of things to do before said user could use the plugin.

I understand you want this, and you want it now, but please be a bit patient. That said, little reminder from the original post about how you can help.

Best
    Inker

mortiz

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    Norway
    As so many others, I'd like to post my thanks to the developers of this particular plug-in. Your effort (non-depending on progress) is most appreciated!

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys

I already tested the last days my own builds, now the version 0.1 is official released.

Not tested it much, but the first thing i checked was the paths, where it stores something. The logs and the db are stored in the plugin folder. I think this should be changed so that the db is in db folder and the log is in log folder.

will do some more tests

regards
    chefkoch

Klontje

Portal Member
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Other thing I noticed, is that you can't delete 1 serie or episode from the list in the configuration window. So if you have a faulty entry due to a typo for instance, you have to delete the whole database.

Other thing that might come in handy, is the option to search for a series name by hand when scanning. CSI New York for instance can't be found, you have to change the name to CSI NY for it to be found. It would be nice if there's a text box when parsing so you could enter it manually.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    hey everyone, I'm taking 5 minutes to post :)

chefkoch: the pathes were different because you used a test build. The released plugin stores the log & db where they belong.

klontje: yes it's a problem if a series returns no match whatsoever. A data entry dialog could work; a better solution would be to fix the server but that's gotta be cleared with Zsori. I'll talk to him.

I have to fix a bad problem I just noticed in "real life" on my HTPC; the local scan is very CPU intensive and it has a tendency to block everything on the OS for a few seconds. I didn't experienced this on my dev PC as it's a dualcore. I'll fix that asap by lowering the parsing thread.

Edit:
    goddamm, the TEST build param is still there in release, that's why dbs & logs are created at the plugin's level.
    Well, I knew releases are not good, I stand confirmed ;)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    nice plugin
    any chance of removing a found serie form the gui?

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi zeflash,

sorry but tried it again removed all tvseries stuff and installed the release plugin again the database is still created in plugins\windows folder.

for the skin file i think you can use the existing "hover_my tv series.png" as hover image, imo that is a good one.

regards
    chefkoch

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    yea there should be a way to remove a series . found Jericho as the wrong one and now i cant remove it :) anyways the plugin works great so far.

htpcMe

Portal Member
    March 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Banner will not download

First and foremost, thanks for continuing this plug-in. My wife and I use it daily.

I have found a bug. When downloading the banners from any of the Star Trek shows, the program stops. I believe it has something to do with the ":" (colon) in the name of the show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom