(original thread) MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
i also have another suggestion that has been discussed before in skin threads.

the id of the TVSeries.xml file given by the old myTVSeries was 0. ID 0 happens to be the ID of the home.xml file. Thus if you try to make a custom Basic Home screen that will also include MP-TVSeries you have a problem. So i strongly recommend to change that to some other ID no. that its not in use.

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am having the same problem with Jericho. The reason being that there was another show with the same title in 1966. Should we rename our files somehow to have the pllugin pull the right show?

strontium

Portal Pro
May 19, 2005
UK
I would just like to say thanks for this great plugin. The previous incarnation was the most heavily used plugin, now I can carry on importing all the wife's series so WAF will be on the up again!

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
Jericho has an easy fix since it’s a new series anyone can quickly rename 7-8 episodes. You have to rename the series name from Jericho to Jericho (2006) and also rename the filename if you use simple string to start with Jericho (2006) instead of just Jericho. Although it’s a bit strange why the plugin doesn’t ask for the correct series just like Battlestar Galactica.

I think I have found two possible bugs.

1) When the episode name includes alphabetic and numeric characters the application gets confused in some way and doesn’t recognize the series name, Season ID, Episode ID and Episode title.
examples below
The Unit S01E03 - 200th Hour.avi
Supernatural S01E13 - Route 666.avi
Prison Break S02E05 - Map 1213.mkv

All of the above three episodes where the only ones not recognized by the plugin.

2) I am not sure if this is a bug or it has a purpose but on the parsing Test the first character of the filename is been cut off. (Not a bug really it doesn’t affect the application in any way as far as I can see)

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
A little crosspost

Just for letting it not drown I thought I copy my original little feature request over here into this new thread.

Btw. zeflash, the plugin works already great! Thx alot!!

@zeflash

As there's no new thread for your highly appreciated work I can't resist to post in this thread.

To be clear, I'm not trying to make it work again, I've been rewriting it pretty much from scratch.

Do you mind if I request a feature for the plugin? Hope not ... :)

It may be totally uncommon but I often have tv series in two languages. That means I have e.g. season two of "Grey's Anatomy" in original english and also in german.
But the old plugin wasn't able to cope with that.
I had to decide whether to take the original or the local one.

Perhaps this is something anybody else has run into so that there would be some more demand for such a feature than just one person yelling for it.

Nevertheless thank you very much for your work on rewriting this so much wanted functionality!!!

Grtz

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey zeflash

If you understood my post, like i think you did, i have to sorry. :(

It did not want to make a todo list for you. At first i only wanted to add some notes to the skinfile i attached, and then that was my error i put in the list some other suggestions /bugs, too.

I did not wanted to push you or your work down, so sorry.
    Your work was really appreciated and i am very happy about the plugin like it is working now and the credit goes to you. Thanks for putting your free time into this plugin.

best regards ;)
    chefkoch

gelu

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the first release. Works very good so far - especially compared to the old TV-Series plugin ;)

I could scan in my series folder but for some reason it didn't fetch all the banners. There are several series that didn't get a banner although there seems to be one available on the website. Getting the parsing expressions to work correctly was some work but finally worked for the most part. It doesn't seem to recognize files with two episodes in one (yet).

Keep up the great work!

give me episode filenames that corresponds to failed banner downloads, or better yet, the parsed series name, and I'll try to figure that out. If it has some weird chars in it then it's the same issue than the startrek thing and it'll be easy to fix.
    Great plugin!

Easy fix: http://tvdb.zsori.com allows any user to add and update information. Log in, remove : from Star Trek series name and works like a charm ;)

duppsko

Portal Member
    October 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    seems like my TVshows won't display properly when they don't have a title on each episode.

I have them as
    Seinfeld Season 1/01.avi
    Seinfeld Season 1/02.avi

but won't work unless i call the files "01 - pilot" and "02 - something"
    even though i haven't written <title> at all in the parsing expressions.

I use <series> Season <season>\<episode>

anyone knows an answer to this?

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Well it seems my banner problem was the same as the star trek one, namely the colons. Brainiac didn't work and therefore the parser didn't continue to the next file. It's probably a simple fix in the program (removing the invalid path chars like
    \ / : " ? * < > |

Fixing the plugin would also be much better than changing the database because the series should have that ":"

Another Error I just found is an appended " avi" on all titles. You should remove the file extension before parsing it.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Well it seems my banner problem was the same as the star trek one, namely the colons. Brainiac didn't work and therefore the parser didn't continue to the next file. It's probably a simple fix in the program (removing the invalid path chars like
    \ / : " ? * < > |

Fixing the plugin would also be much better than changing the database because the series should have that ":"

Another Error I just found is an appended " avi" on all titles. You should remove the file extension before parsing it.

I agree about the invalid chars, it's a plugin problem, changing the onlineDB is a very bad fix.

About the titles, I disagree; extension can matter; if the regexp doesn't suit your needs you change it & add an extension parsing group. I might update the default regexp but I won't change the parsing logic here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom