(original thread) MP-TVSeries (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looked at the MP-TVseries again,

1. I am not sure, don't want to say, you have todo, but what do you think about using the new service provider for logging and getting all special dirs.
      http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalDevelopment/ClassLibrary
      Code:
      Warnung	10	"MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.Write(string, params object[])" ist veraltet: "This method will disappear.  Use one of the Info, Warn, Debug or Error variants instead."	E:\mediaportal\TVSeries\trunk\MP-TVSeries\VideoHandler.cs	166	25	MP-TVSeries
    2. made a new build for my own and changed to release before compiling replaced the dll , removed the log and db from plugins\windows. But after configurating the plugin, all files are created in plugins folder again.
    3. edited the skinfile for bluetwo standard, will post it later

regards
    chefkoch

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Just posted a quick update (0.1b), it will come up as soon as it's been reviewed.

0.1b:
    Quick fixes of some issues
    - lowered the parser thread, hopefully it won't disrupt other threads / processes anymore
    - it's now possible to manually override the series name if no match is found
    - one can delete node entries (series, seasons or episodes) from the library view in configuration

I will probably not be that reactive later on; this plugin is eating me alive right now!

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    edited the skin file for standard bluetwo skin.
    - buttons now are displayed correctly since the new animations
    - removed/fixed some navigation issues now (onup, onleft ...)

things to do:
    - perhaps when all stuff in plugin is stable, any official Portal Designer will make an improved skin-file
    - used common.window ... problem: there is an text element on the top right
    - default active element should be id 2
    - BACK should be removed
    - when pressing ESC and buttons are focused it should leave the plugin
    - when pressing ESC and listcontrol is focused and in a sub category it should jump a layer/category above, NOT leaving the whole plugin
    - During playback press Info on remote (F5 or F9 on keyboard i think), the infos should be shown in the info box

:D for your hard work zeflash, take your time and take a timeout sometimes ;)
    thx for the update, now all files are written in the correct dirs. :)

regards
    chefkoch

ccMatrix

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2006
    Thanks for the first release. Works very good so far - especially compared to the old TV-Series plugin ;)

I could scan in my series folder but for some reason it didn't fetch all the banners. There are several series that didn't get a banner although there seems to be one available on the website. Getting the parsing expressions to work correctly was some work but finally worked for the most part. It doesn't seem to recognize files with two episodes in one (yet).

Keep up the great work!

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Thank zeflash and Inker for this great plugin. It’s certainly better than the old myTVSeries plugin. I have tested it for a bit and other than a couple of wrong episode names and jericho as mentioned above I have a few suggestions to make.

1) Can you please change the TVSeries.xml file to a different file name? As this is a different plugin it would be better to give it a different name if possible.

2) Would it be possible to include a Watched checkbox for episode, season and series on the left site of the first column on the grid? Reason it’s nice to know which shows you have watched and which not.

3) I haven’t tested this yet but on the old myTVSeries plugin when you pressed the back button on your MCE RC the plugin will take you back to the home screen instead of a GUI screen back.

I think it’s great that you included manual editing of series because it will be really insane to be able to debug every series that is not ported correctly. For me other than a couple of cases all my shows episodes are ported just fine and I wouldn’t mind doing manually editing at all.

Again thank you guys and looking forward to the next version

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    zeflash, I realy like the plugin and it has come a long way since the old tv plugin.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    1) Can you please change the TVSeries.xml file to a different file name? As this is a different plugin it would be better to give it a different name if possible.

2) Would it be possible to include a Watched checkbox for episode, season and series on the left site of the first column on the grid? Reason it’s nice to know which shows you have watched and which not.

3) I haven’t tested this yet but on the old myTVSeries plugin when you pressed the back button on your MCE RC the plugin will take you back to the home screen instead of a GUI screen back.

1) possible. Although it uses the same layout of things, so I preferred keeping the old ones.

2) you can already do that in the contextual menu. Furthermore if you replaced your skin file with the ones provided in the archive, you'll notice that unwatched episodes are much brighter than watched ones. There are 3 levels of color in a list:
    - darker; you don't have the episode on disk. You'll only see this if you removed an existing file, or if you checked the "retrieve whole series episodes" checkbox in the import.
    - "less" darker; you have this episode on disk and you watched it.
    - brighter; you have that episode on disk and you didn't watch it.
    Those colors apply to episodes, seasons & series.
    You'll also notice that the plugin automatically selects the first unwatched episode in a list.

3) yes I just noticed that on my HTPC and I positively HATE that. I'll have to find a fix for that pronto.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for the first release. Works very good so far - especially compared to the old TV-Series plugin ;)

I could scan in my series folder but for some reason it didn't fetch all the banners. There are several series that didn't get a banner although there seems to be one available on the website. Getting the parsing expressions to work correctly was some work but finally worked for the most part. It doesn't seem to recognize files with two episodes in one (yet).

Keep up the great work!

give me episode filenames that corresponds to failed banner downloads, or better yet, the parsed series name, and I'll try to figure that out. If it has some weird chars in it then it's the same issue than the startrek thing and it'll be easy to fix.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    - used common.window ... problem: there is an text element on the top right
    - default active element should be id 2
    - BACK should be removed
    - when pressing ESC and buttons are focused it should leave the plugin
    - when pressing ESC and listcontrol is focused and in a sub category it should jump a layer/category above, NOT leaving the whole plugin
    - During playback press Info on remote (F5 or F9 on keyboard i think), the infos should be shown in the info box

you'll notice the text element is not in the xml files I provided with the skin. Maybe you didn't use those.
    I don't see why back should be removed; it has its purpose.
    Do you think I don't know that ESC should not go back to the home page? I know that.
    Agreed on the playback info. But just a reminder, I already spent like 70 hours on that plugin, so go easy on suggestions (and how to ask for them).

pannivas

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus

1) possible. Although it uses the same layout of things, so I preferred keeping the old ones.

2) you can already do that in the contextual menu. Furthermore if you replaced your skin file with the ones provided in the archive, you'll notice that unwatched episodes are much brighter than watched ones. There are 3 levels of color in a list:
    - darker; you don't have the episode on disk. You'll only see this if you removed an existing file, or if you checked the "retrieve whole series episodes" checkbox in the import.
    - "less" darker; you have this episode on disk and you watched it.
    - brighter; you have that episode on disk and you didn't watch it.
    Those colors apply to episodes, seasons & series.
    You'll also notice that the plugin automatically selects the first unwatched episode in a list.

3) yes I just noticed that on my HTPC and I positively HATE that. I'll have to find a fix for that pronto.

thank you very much zeflash for the quick response.

1) i guess i have to completly get rid of the old myTVSeries although it is not yet supported my MCE wide.

2) cool staff havent really played with it that much i guess thats why i missed it. Sorry

keep up the good work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom