[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (6 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    A couple of new shots....

I think this is the final design. I am going to update the rest of the skins and get it into the testers hands.

Wile E.

Hopefully I am still a tester, those look great! :)

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I ran it through "the battery", aka my two media center PC's - one AMD, one Intel, both Vista x86 - and my office PC, which is x64.

The good:

The new skin is completely awesome. Better than the screenshots.
    I haven't had the plugin crash; all my movies show up, the different queues work, everything works smoothly. It's come a long way (and it started out pretty good as it was).
    Best part: on the x86 systems the new autoit/remote plugin works, and works well. Start, stop, pause, resume, and even skip ahead (love how that's handled, repeatedly press the advance/rewind button to see the mouse cursor go back and forth, works better than I would have figured).

The bad:

x64 is still borked, remote-wise. The browser launches but the AutoIT script doesn't map remote commands at all; I tried building the script with the source you sent me WiliE under x64 but it didn't make a difference. Now that I have the source I'll fool around with it too; it's got to be something simple.

Not a bug, but a minor feature request - I know the Instant Queue is presented in whatever order you queue the movies in, and that's probably a fine default, but an option to sort alphabetically would come in really handy - I have a lot of movies in the queue and scrolling back and forth through them in this interface isn't as easy as it is viewing them online.

In short, this plugin rocks! I don't think I am exaggerating when I say this is the best implementation of Netflix online I have seen, and I am including the Roku in that. This plugin should go in to the Hot section. If you do for Hulu what you've done here....talk about perfect (I know, Hulu has no API, and discourages this kind of use, because they are stupid, but even the custom browser and stuff like the remote mapping would go a long way, even if we have to use it to navigate the actual Hulu site).

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Well color me excited! Reviews like this make me glad I've recently gotten a lot more... free time... from my job. Now I can stay home and play with MP more often!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks for that brief review Ixian! ;)

Im stumped on the 64bit scripting issue. I have googled a little and found some folks have to turn off UAC to get it to work. Also, does your Office PC have dual screens by any chance?

I too thought about a sort... Hmmm its been a while since I've done recursion, time to freshen up :)

Keith is working on the Online Movies plugin which I think includes Hulu and others. I'm not sure of the current status but I think he is getting close.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to test!

Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I emailed you another bug I found, for new setups.

As a matter of fact I do have dual screens on my office system. I have a laptop with my now (on the road) that is x64, single screen, so I will try it with this - as soon as we figure out the bug I emailed you, anyway, because right now I can't enable it :)

Thanks for that brief review Ixian! ;)

Im stumped on the 64bit scripting issue. I have googled a little and found some folks have to turn off UAC to get it to work. Also, does your Office PC have dual screens by any chance?

I too thought about a sort... Hmmm its been a while since I've done recursion, time to freshen up :)

Keith is working on the Online Movies plugin which I think includes Hulu and others. I'm not sure of the current status but I think he is getting close.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to test!

Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I emailed you another bug I found, for new setups.

As a matter of fact I do have dual screens on my office system. I have a laptop with my now (on the road) that is x64, single screen, so I will try it with this - as soon as we figure out the bug I emailed you, anyway, because right now I can't enable it :)

The error is a user authentication error. I could not replicate the issue. I wonder if you open a 32 bit browser, then run through the setup and see if it lets you authenticate that way?

As far as the error setting the default on the User tab, when you set the default user it runs through all the movies to dump into the MyNetFlix database, so if you were not authenticated it would give you that error then as well. The whole process depends on the authentication on the first tab, if that doesnt happen your liable to get a lot of errors.

Yea, the dual screen is an issue. I have a setup in my den that has the same issues and its 32 bit. Unless the movie is on the primary screen, the mouse functions will not work :(

:D
    Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Tried the open 32 bit browser trick, alas it didn't work :) Is there a way to manually authenticate?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Tried the open 32 bit browser trick, alas it didn't work :) Is there a way to manually authenticate?

Try 0.4.8 and see if it works....

You probably already tried this (but I have to ask), you have played a movie in IE outside of MP?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Just to update the thread, we figured this out offline: Bottom line is, if you run in to authentication errors when setting up this plugin, make sure your time and timezone are set correctly. I tried testing on a laptop that I changed timezones with and couldn't get past that step until I fixed the time.

Also, the latest test version seems to work well with x64 on a single screen; I had a couple minor issues with the remote mapping but that could very well be me as I don't have a real remote with me.

WileE already knows all this I'm just updating the thread. This plugin is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom