[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Removing Internet Explorer will not only not help it will completely break this plugin as I believe WileE's wrapper is based off it.

That is correct. The webBrowser control in .NET is based off of IE, so if you uninstall it, it would probably render the control useless.

i'm using my friends account and don't want to change it for them (i've heard the account will get tied to silverlight once you switch).

Maybe this is Karma speaking to you, letting you know you should have your own account? ;)

Seriously though, eventually Netflix would like to have everyone on Sliverlight and off the old control. It is my understanding that all new accounts created now ONLY have the Silverlight option. So eventually they will have to switch over.

Anyway, I dont think that Silverlight is your issue as killdashnine is having the same issue with Silverlight.

killdashnine

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Ok, tried 1024x768. Same error.

I also tinkered around with MP's taskbar hide settings and the stay on top settings.

I'm at a loss.

Could it be something with the embedded browser? Missing object? Maybe a dll....?

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    Removing Internet Explorer will not only not help it will completely break this plugin as I believe WileE's wrapper is based off it.

Can you test this with just the tv, no second screen at all?

oh... i thought it was running in it's own custom browser, so i didn't think IE was needed anymore. i'll try running it with just my tv enabled when i get home from work. thanks for the help!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Could it be something with the embedded browser? Missing object? Maybe a dll....?

Hmmm....Im in the same boat, not sure where to go from here.

The custom browser is a very simple app. Its just a .NET Windows Form with the webBrowser control dropped onto the form. It accepts a few command line arg's from the MyNEtFlix plugin, and thats it. No dll's, no missing objects. As long as IE is installed it should be fine.

What I will do, is give users the options to use a custom browser, or the browser of their choice. I dont think the mouse scripts will work with IE (hence the custom browser), but we can try to get them working. That seems to be the only alternative at this point...

Wile E.

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country

Hmmm....Im in the same boat, not sure where to go from here.

The custom browser is a very simple app. Its just a .NET Windows Form with the webBrowser control dropped onto the form. It accepts a few command line arg's from the MyNEtFlix plugin, and thats it. No dll's, no missing objects. As long as IE is installed it should be fine.

What I will do, is give users the options to use a custom browser, or the browser of their choice. I dont think the mouse scripts will work with IE (hence the custom browser), but we can try to get them working. That seems to be the only alternative at this point...

Wile E.

quick question. if i double-click on the webbrowser.exe in the mynetflix.zip, should it open or will windows tell me that it crashed?
    oh, also... i noticed that when i was setting up the plugin, and hit the authorize button, it opened up a firefox window instead of IE... could that be part of the problem?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    It crashes because its looking for a few command line arguments. It wasnt designed to be used outside of the MyNetFlix MP plugin...

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    strange... when i came home and tried to run the netflix plugin it was empty.. the plugin launched in MP and the menu was on the right side and the background was present, but no data... could it be from copy over the files with the .48 version and then going back to .50?? where is the database file located that needs to be deleted?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    strange... when i came home and tried to run the netflix plugin it was empty.. the plugin launched in MP and the menu was on the right side and the background was present, but no data... could it be from copy over the files with the .48 version and then going back to .50?? where is the database file located that needs to be deleted?

I believe you said you were on Vista correct? If so its located in the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database" folder. You may have to set your Windows Explorer to show hidden files & folders to see it.

Why the list of movies on the right hand side? Just looks backwards to me for some reason? Anyone else?

Hey Ridewithme38,
    The new design was formed from a combination of other screens, but mostly from Last.FM. It seems to be the most popular of what we have come up with thus far. If you are familiar with XML you are more than welcome to come up with a new design. Im sure most of the folks here would be happy to have more than one choice of layout...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    The list view as it stands now, in addition to being awesome, also seems to follow the conventions of other plugins - OnlineVideos, MovingPictures, and MyTVSeries all have list views with the movies/selections on the right hand side in Streamed MP. Maybe he (Ridewithme38) is using a skin where it's different? I know the Blue3 skins tend to put that stuff in the middle. Someone could probably one of MovingPictures layouts for those skins as a starting point. Me, I like it the way it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom