[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (2 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antgash

Portal Pro
January 6, 2009
san francisco
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hi, this plugin is pretty awesome, but for me nothing starts in fullscreen. i have to go use my mouse to click on it. any suggestions?

netflix_remote.exe is probably not running.
check and make sure you've installed the netflix_remote folder correctly and made sure the files are named correctly (.exe)

hey blitzkrg, u were right, i didn't have the correct path, but after i corrected it i'm having the same issue. i'm also getting a popup box from IE that says "Internet Explorer Script Error" at the top and in the body of the popup it says:
Line: 4
Char: 424
Error: Object required
Code: 0
URL: http://www.netflix.com/layout/jscrip/pkg-core-fffffafe7fffe40582-257069.js?v=257069

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
[yes] [no]

i can click on yes with my remote and the movie will start, but not in fullscreen... and thoughts?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    antgash,
    Unfortunately we have not run across this error ourselves, but Killdashnine has the same issue. He pointed out that a few people on the Green Button were having the same issues (check a few posts back.) When you play a Netflix movie in IE outside of MP, does it give you the same error?

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    @Antgash,
    Unfortunately we have not run across this error ourselves, but Killdashnine has the same issue. He pointed out that a few people on the Green Button were having the same issues (check a few posts back.) When you play a Netflix movie in IE outside of MP, does it give you the same error?

i opened IE8 and the goods played right away. i'm at a loss... maybe i'll try installing an older version of the plugin.

hi, this plugin is pretty awesome, but for me nothing starts in fullscreen. i have to go use my mouse to click on it. any suggestions?

Hi Antgash,
    Can you give me a little more information? What is your system setup? Are you running multi screens?

If you are running multi-screen, the mouse functions will not work unless MP is running on the primary screen.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Hey WileE, I just noticed this response you made earlier. i'm on vista quad-core processor, nvidia 9800, dual-monitors (one is my hdtv). and the tv is NOT my primary display. do you think that could cause the script error that's popping up in IE8? and halting the fullscreen?
    UPDATE: i just tried starting MP on my main monitor, same error. :(

killdashnine

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    I feel somewhat vindicated now that somewhere else is seeing what I am.

I was on IE7 when I first had the issue, I then installed IE8, but still no joy.

Could it be something with the embedded browser...

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    antgash,
    If you are running dual screens & MP is not on the primary, it would cause the mouse functions not to work, but not be the cause of the script error.

antgash & Killdashnine,
    A few more questions...

Are the video cards you guys are using HDMI compliant? (Antgash Im pretty sure yours is)
    Which Netflix plugin do you have? (The old or Silverlight)
    What resolutions are you running?

Sorry for all the questions, we'll keep plugging away until we find some differences...
    Wile E.

killdashnine

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    @Antgash,
    If you are running dual screens & MP is not on the primary, it would cause the mouse functions not to work, but not be the cause of the script error.

@Antgash & Killdashnine,
    A few more questions...

Are the video cards you guys are using HDMI compliant? (Antgash Im pretty sure yours is)

Sorry for all the questions, we'll keep plugging away until we find some differences...
    Wile E.

Yes, HDMI compliant. I am running a Gigabyte ATX with integrated ATI 3300.

I have the latest plugin.. I've uninstalled/reinstalled a few times.

1920x1200

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

1920x1200

Just for fun, and to take DRM out of the picture, try to reduce your resolution to 1024x768 (or something smaller) and see if it still gives you the script error.

Oh, and when you say latest I assume you mean Silverlight? If so which version of Silverlight are you running?

killdashnine

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country

1920x1200

Just for fun, and to take DRM out of the picture, try to reduce your resolution to 1024x768 (or something smaller) and see if it still gives you the script error.

Oh, and when you say latest I assume you mean Silverlight? If so which version of Silverlight are you running?

Silverlight Version 2.0.40115.0

Will get back to you on the resolution test. Remote Desktop doesn't offer reliable results. :D

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    @Antgash,

@Antgash & Killdashnine,
    A few more questions...

Wile E.

I'm using the DVI out from the vid card to a vga in on my tv. i'm pretty sure i'm using the old version of netflix. i'm using my friends account and don't want to change it for them (i've heard the account will get tied to silverlight once you switch). i'm using vista-home.
    my tv res is 1360x768
    does anyone think that removing internet explorer would help? or is it required for the playback?

thanks for all the help.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Removing Internet Explorer will not only not help it will completely break this plugin as I believe WileE's wrapper is based off it.

Can you test this with just the tv, no second screen at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom