[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    strange... when i came home and tried to run the netflix plugin it was empty.. the plugin launched in MP and the menu was on the right side and the background was present, but no data... could it be from copy over the files with the .48 version and then going back to .50?? where is the database file located that needs to be deleted?

Thanks for posting Antgash, I went into MyNetFlix to verify the problem with the empty queue, and sure enough it was down. There was an issue with a patch GoDaddy updated last night, but is resolved now.

:D

The list view as it stands now, in addition to being awesome, also seems to follow the conventions of other plugins - OnlineVideos, MovingPictures, and MyTVSeries all have list views with the movies/selections on the right hand side in Streamed MP. Maybe he (Ridewithme38) is using a skin where it's different? I know the Blue3 skins tend to put that stuff in the middle. Someone could probably one of MovingPictures layouts for those skins as a starting point. Me, I like it the way it is :)

Great point Ixian. Most of the developement I have done has been against the StreamedMP skin, so I guess I am biased to that skin. I would be very happy if the skinners would take what we have done and customize to their liking :)

Ridewithme38

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    Long Island
    Home Country
    The list view as it stands now, in addition to being awesome, also seems to follow the conventions of other plugins - OnlineVideos, MovingPictures, and MyTVSeries all have list views with the movies/selections on the right hand side in Streamed MP. Maybe he (Ridewithme38) is using a skin where it's different? I know the Blue3 skins tend to put that stuff in the middle. Someone could probably one of MovingPictures layouts for those skins as a starting point. Me, I like it the way it is :)

Maybe thats why it looks weird to me...I'm using Blue3Wide...i tryed Streamed MP when i First started using MediaPortal...but it may have been WAY back when it was still a little buggy....haven't really try'd anything but Blue3Wide since then

So far the only Plugin's i use are OnlineVideos(Love it!) and My Netflix(Love it even more!!) Looks like it time for me to start looking at other Skins?

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    strange... when i came home and tried to run the netflix plugin it was empty.. the plugin launched in MP and the menu was on the right side and the background was present, but no data... could it be from copy over the files with the .48 version and then going back to .50?? where is the database file located that needs to be deleted?

Thanks for posting Antgash, I went into MyNetFlix to verify the problem with the empty queue, and sure enough it was down. There was an issue with a patch GoDaddy updated last night, but is resolved now.

Great point Ixian. Most of the developement I have done has been against the StreamedMP skin, so I guess I am biased to that skin. I would be very happy if the skinners would take what we have done and customize to their liking :)

well, i still deleted the database, all is back to normal... sadly normal still consists of me getting the IE error and videos not starting in fullscreen... :( i give up... i suppose i can always just walk across the room and click the button with my mouse.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    :( i give up... i suppose i can always just walk across the room and click the button with my mouse.

Let not give up just yet. I am working on a build that will allow you to use IE or Firefox instead of the custom browser. Lets try that before we give up hope completely...

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    :( i give up... i suppose i can always just walk across the room and click the button with my mouse.

Let not give up just yet. I am working on a build that will allow you to use IE or Firefox instead of the custom browser. Lets try that before we give up hope completely...

i'm too O.C.D. to give up on it... i'll try any solution or idea that i come across until the next update. Any idea when that'll be ready? not to sound pushy... and do you think the other browsers will be able to launch it in fullscreen?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Any idea when that'll be ready? not to sound pushy...

I try to do a release every other week, and I just released last friday. I may be able to get this one out the door sometime this weekend though, we'll see. I am making some final tweeks for RC1 and I want to include the browser selector.

and do you think the other browsers will be able to launch it in fullscreen?

I am working on that as well, I had some issues with the scripts running against the browser, which is one of the reasons why I created the custom browser.

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    would you add a little more element of netflix (e.g. red color, logo) in the new GUI? I really like the older version's reddish background and logo.

also, how do I get instant watch to work?? the new 0.5v running fine here. but I got an error (seems like a netflix url address) when click on a instant watch movie, new browser pops up. do I need to install silverlight??

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update...

I have posted 0.5.0a for those with the script errors. Please read the included readme file to see how to use IE or Firefox instead of the custom browser.

Note: Even if you use IE or Firefox, you still need to copy the new script files to the netflix_remote folder and leave the path in the Settings tab of the plugin configuration.

Try it out and let me know if that works better than the custom browser...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

would you add a little more element of netflix (e.g. red color, logo) in the new GUI? I really like the older version's reddish background and logo.

also, how do I get instant watch to work?? the new 0.5v running fine here. but I got an error (seems like a netflix url address) when click on a instant watch movie, new browser pops up. do I need to install silverlight??

Hi Landshark,
    I will toy around with the NetFlix red and see if I can give it a little more color ;)

As far as your error, have you configured NetFlix to run outside of MP? Im not sure that the scripts we use are compatible with anything before SilverLight, so it is up to you if you want to upgrade.

Wile E.

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    Update...

I have posted 0.5.0a for those with the script errors. Please read the included readme file to see how to use IE or Firefox instead of the custom browser.

Note: Even if you use IE or Firefox, you still need to copy the new script files to the netflix_remote folder and leave the path in the Settings tab of the plugin configuration.

Try it out and let me know if that works better than the custom browser...

Thanks,
    Wile E.

i just tried it with the 0.5.0a with IE and i didn't get the error, but the movie still didn't launch in fullscreen... are there supposed to be remote commands that should be able to toggle fullscreen?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    antgash,
    Did you say earlier you were running dual screens? Also, I presume you copied the new script to the Netflix_Remote folder? If so, please clear your logs, replcate the error and post your MediaPortal.Log and error.log files.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom