[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wowsers

talk about embarrassing

:sorry: and :D

worked like a charm after that.....i feel like a total dope

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    talk about embarrassing

i feel like a total dope

No worries,
    Most of us, at some time or another, have spent countless hours trying to find answers for problems to which the answers were looking us straight in the face :)

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Just wanted to say that this is a great plugin. It was nice to go from install to working in such a short period of time. My only issue is that I am using the mediastream 1.0.1 skin and I even though I am pretty sure that I selected this as a skin to use during set-up I didn't have the skin files in my mediastream 1.0.1 folder. I copied the ones from mediastream which seem to work, but was wondering if their are any differences?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update.... RC2 is Out...

Okay, I worked over the weekend and have run into a few snags. As Keith & DCWP have pointed out, sometimes movies are not available for instant viewing with my plugin, but are available on the NetFlix site. This is due in part, because data is being pulled from several different sources with this plugin. Let me explain....

1. The queue management information is pulled directly from NetFlix (DVD Queue, Instant Queue, At Home Queue, Similars, History, Search & Recommendations) and this provides all the data like the synopsis, year, rating etc.

2. The other queues (New Release, Upcoming Release, Instant Search, Genre Search, etc...) pull data from a web service I have created to provide Instant search, new release and upcoming release capabilities. I pull raw data from NetFlix once or twice a week and populate my database. Sometimes data does not get updated correctly, or in some cases, the information coming from NetFlix is incorrect or outdated.

3. Backdrops are pulled from themoviedb.org

RC1 format information (DVD, Blu-ray & Instant) for ALL the queries were being pulled from my web service. In RC2 I have changed the queue's listed in #1 above to pull format information directly from NetFlix, so all those queue's should display format information correctly. For those listed in #2 above the format information may or may not be correct.

So you can see there are several pieces needed to bring the whole thing together. I have been working hard to convert most everything to rely on NetFlix API's, but some services particularly the Instant search, Genre Search, New Release Info & Upcoming Release Info will still need to be pulled from my web service until NetFlix provides an API to accomodate such queries.

In any case, RC2 will clear up most issues...

1. Modified Most queues to pull format information from NetFlix
    2. Modified Format Icons to be a little bigger (be sure to clear your skin cache!)
    3. A few other bug fixes
    4. Refactoring of Movie Info
    5. Added Login name to show in the upper left on some skins
    6. Added DVD preference to show in the uppper left on some skins

As always, if you have any issues please post your logs and let me know what movies/series/shows you are having an issue with.

Wile E.

Just wanted to say that this is a great plugin. It was nice to go from install to working in such a short period of time. My only issue is that I am using the mediastream 1.0.1 skin and I even though I am pretty sure that I selected this as a skin to use during set-up I didn't have the skin files in my mediastream 1.0.1 folder. I copied the ones from mediastream which seem to work, but was wondering if their are any differences?

Hey Poppabk,
    Thanks for the feedback. Which skin are you using?

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Poppabk,
    Thanks for the feedback. Which skin are you using?

I am using mediastream 1.0.1 which has a separate skin folder from regular mediastream. I copied the regular mediastream netflix plugin skin files into my mediastream 1.0.1 folder and it all works, but I wasn't sure if
    a) I had accidentally messed up during the install
    and
    b) if the regular mediastream and mediastream1.0.1 netflix plugin skins are any different
    I will install RC2 and will make sure that I definitely select the correct skin files.

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Thanks very much for this great plugin. This was the thing that convinced me to switch to MediaPortal.

I sure wish Netflix would add some keyboard shortcuts, though I know this obviously has nothing to do with you.

Anyway, I have two quick questions. First, I was wondering if there is a way to make some of the fonts bigger? In particular, the list of movies down the middle. Is there a value in an .xml file I can adjust somewhere? I had a look around, but was not able to find anything.

Second, I noticed that there is a little red ball symbol displayed for Instant Play movies in my Recommended list, but the symbol is not there when looking at things in my rental queue. Is there a way to have the symbol show up there as well?

Any help appreciated. And thanks again for this awesome plugin.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks very much for this great plugin. This was the thing that convinced me to switch to MediaPortal.

I sure wish Netflix would add some keyboard shortcuts, though I know this obviously has nothing to do with you.

Anyway, I have two quick questions. First, I was wondering if there is a way to make some of the fonts bigger? In particular, the list of movies down the middle. Is there a value in an .xml file I can adjust somewhere? I had a look around, but was not able to find anything.

Second, I noticed that there is a little red ball symbol displayed for Instant Play movies in my Recommended list, but the symbol is not there when looking at things in my rental queue. Is there a way to have the symbol show up there as well?

Any help appreciated. And thanks again for this awesome plugin.

Jmvaughn,
    Thanks for the feedback and welcome to MP. We are glad you made the switch ;)

You are correct about the keyboard shortcuts, I cannot control them within MP. BUT, I have attached a file that is a control program (From a nice guy over on the Sage Forums) that controls my script via keyboard shortcuts. Unzip the file and put it in a folder of your choice, then double click the file. An 'H' Icon will show up in your system tray letting you know the program has started and is running. After it is started, open MP->NetFlix and start a movie, try it and let me know if it works. If I can get this script to work along side my script for the remote, I will include it in the final build. The Keyboard shortcuts are as follows...

CTRL-a or Left Arrow: Jump back in the time line
    CTRL-s or Right Arrow: Jump ahead in the time line
    CTRL-f : Change to next episode (for titles that have episodes)
    CTRL-b : Change to previous episode (for titles that have episodes)
    F10 : Increase Volume
    F9 : Decrease Volume
    F8 : Toggle Mute/Unmute
    CTRL-p : Toggle Play/Pause
    CTRL-e : Close Netflix Viewer / IE window

Okay, on to your two questions...

1. Which skin file are you using? Each skin file has its own set of font names, so you can open the fonts.xml file in the root of the skin to see which fonts are available. From there, through trial and error, you can find the one that fits your style best.

2. This was a recent change, I had feedback from folks who wanted to be able to see which format would be shipped, so now the Disc Queue only shows one dot corresponding to which format will be shipped. I could include the Instant dot (if applicable) if that is not too confusing to folks.

Thanks again,
    Wile E.

Moonracer

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    SC
    Home Country
    A big thank you WileE for this plugin. It looks and works great! I installed RC2 and it works very well.

I had an issue in the beginning with it being slow and hanging up but I changed the default profile and it started working without a hitch. Not sure what that did but it works and works very well.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    mr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom