[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yep, I deleted the database, went through re-verification and the whole deal. I'll try it again this evening just in case and let you know if the behavior changes.

dp

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    RC1 using MP 1.0.2 under XP Pro problem

I just updated MP to 1.0.2 and have been trying to get my house in order again. This afternoon I installed MyNetFlix RC1 and seem to be having a problem. The install seemed to go fine, but when looking for the plugin on MP it is nowhere to be found. I will try an uninstall and re-install shortly, but would like to know if anyone else has installed RC1 on MP1.0.2. I was using a previous version on MP1.0.0. Great plugin! Thanks for the hard work.
    Thanks.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I just updated MP to 1.0.2 and have been trying to get my house in order again. This afternoon I installed MyNetFlix RC1 and seem to be having a problem. The install seemed to go fine, but when looking for the plugin on MP it is nowhere to be found. I will try an uninstall and re-install shortly, but would like to know if anyone else has installed RC1 on MP1.0.2. I was using a previous version on MP1.0.0. Great plugin! Thanks for the hard work.
    Thanks.

Yes, I am running RC1 on MP 1.0.2

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    I uninstalled the plugin, manually deleted the DB and .dll files, and did a clean re-install of RC1 and I'm still getting the same behavior - no red dot on some files, not responding to play button, but playable with the "i" button. Were you able to get those movies on the list I posted to show up with red dots?

This is no huge issue since I am able to play them, but I wonder if it's a unique problem I'm facing or if other people are having it as well.

Thanks again!

BTW - I am successfully using RC1 on XP Pro SP3 and MP 1.0.2

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Sorry I have been absent the past few weeks guys. My daughter just finished school and I have been busy getting some things in order for her.

I plan to have a new version (RC2) out this Sunday with the fixes dcwp and others have pointed out. Thanks guys!

Wile E.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Not sure if there is anything you can do about this but in my quest to get both "my Netflix" and hulu desktop working with my remote I found a way to get the remote working with HulU desktop but it breaks the remote support for the browser section of your plugin. It seems that with the Hauppauge remote you want the "send remote commands when MP loses focus" checked and the hulu desktop will not work with that checked.

for more detail see this post... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/hulu-desktop-60585/index4.html#post476422

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Congrats on the daughter grad! And thanks for the work at whatever pace works for you.

Sorcerer1089

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    One thing that my wife noticed is missing from this, and hopefully not too difficult to add, is a volume level indicator like My Videos shows when you adjust the volume. I can't believe how awesome this plugin has turned out.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    One thing that my wife noticed is missing from this, and hopefully not too difficult to add, is a volume level indicator like My Videos shows when you adjust the volume. I can't believe how awesome this plugin has turned out.

It's using the Netflix Silverlight player, so it's something they'd have to add. MediaPortal is able to do it for their internal player with an overlay but there's no way to add similar functionality to external players that I am aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom