[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update...

Sorry for my absence lately, my personal life has been rather hecktic. I think I am back on track now and I am trying to squash a few remaining bugs. I expect to have the RC2 version released by weeks end (hopefully Friday) for all to use. If all is good with the RC2 version I plan to submit it to the MP team for publication.

Thanks for all the support & understanding!
    Wile E.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    is the InstantWatch function working ok now??

Hey Landshark,
    I dont have any issues on any of my machines with instant watch. What issue were you having? Are you able to view a movie in a browser on your machine in IE or Firefox, outside of MP?

Wile E.

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    Not to distract from the development discussion, but I'm wondering if other people have experienced significant video tearing since switching to SilverLight? I've tried to ignore it and I can probably live with it, but it is really pretty bad. I did some minimal googling just to see if other people are having this problem and it looks like a fairly wide-spread issue that came with SilverLight and not related to hardware. Unfortunately the only fix I can find people using is to decrease screen resolution until you find a setting that works well with silverlight. Needless to say, this is not something I'm likely to do.

So have any of you noticed the tearing issue since switching? And has anyone found a solution that works?

Thanks in advance. This isn't a huge issue, but it would make a noticeable difference.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Can only get it to work after fresh install until reboot

First let me say, i am running windows 7, and i know its not supported, so if there is nothing that can be done, i get it.

OK odd problem, after a fresh install of media portal and streamedXP I install the plugin with the installer and add the menu item to the skin. It works fine, i can steam a video and everything, restart media portal try again and it still works fine. I reboot, and it stops working, i get a black screen like it si going to switch to the plugin for about 1 second then it takes me back to menu one above where my netflix item is, if i scroll down and try it again, i have the same problem.

I tried reinstalling the plugin, same issue.
    I tried uninstalling an installing the plugin, same issue
    i tried uninstalling and deleting netflix.db3 databases, same problem
    I tried changing permissions on any type of media portal folder to full control for my user id, same thing
    i tried running MP as admin, same thing.
    I remove streamedxp and mediaportal and then reinstall, it works fine until i reboot again.

keith2045

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2006
    Missouri
    Home Country
    I also have video tearing, it's not too bad for me. I know flash videos have the same issue.

Couple things....

Does the player have keyboard shortcuts? I'm using IR server suite and need to map some buttons on my remote to it.
    Also the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" has play now support and i can play it in a web browser, but cant play it via the plugin, it doesnt show up as a instant playable movie.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    OK odd problem, after a fresh install of media portal and streamedXP I install the plugin with the installer and add the menu item to the skin. It works fine, i can steam a video and everything, restart media portal try again and it still works fine. I reboot, and it stops working, i get a black screen like it si going to switch to the plugin for about 1 second then it takes me back to menu one above where my netflix item is, if i scroll down and try it again, i have the same problem.

Hi ejkeebler,
    As with most MP problems, it is much easier for me to diagnose an issue if I could see your log files. Could you please post your MediaPortal & Error logs and I will take a look to see where it is failing.

1. Reboot your machine
    2. Open MediaPortal
    3. Attempt to open My NetFlix
    4. Close MediaPortal and attach your logs (I am mostly interested in the MediaPortal.log file, but you can post both it and the error.log file.)

Thanks
    Wile E.

Couple things....

Does the player have keyboard shortcuts? I'm using IR server suite and need to map some buttons on my remote to it.
    Also the movie "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" has play now support and i can play it in a web browser, but cant play it via the plugin, it doesnt show up as a instant playable movie.

Hey Keith,
    Yes, one of the issues I have had recently is the My NetFlix database is out of sync with the NetFlix API. I am currently working to resolve the issue.

As of now I do not have any keyboard shortcuts, but would be happy to include some in the next release. My understanding is that most use a remote, so I have not put much effort into setting up keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Not to distract from the development discussion

No worries, this is a NetFlix discussion and very much applies...

So have any of you noticed the tearing issue since switching? And has anyone found a solution that works?

Hey DCWP,
    I have 4 machines total, and two play really well and two show tearing. Oddly enough, the two with the highest resolutions (1920 x 1080 & 1360 x 768) have the best picture. The other two (both 1280 x 720) see some tearing.

I have not found anything as of yet to reduce the tearing. :(

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hopefully this is what you need!

Thanks for looking into it, let me know if there's anything else that might help.

BTW, I did this remotely, and it did experience the same problem, but if you need me to do it from the local machine I can do that later today.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Thanks for looking into it, let me know if there's anything else that might help.

BTW, I did this remotely, and it did experience the same problem, but if you need me to do it from the local machine I can do that later today.

This may be a very quick fix....

Do me a favor and go into the MediaPortal Configuration and see if the My NetFlix plugin is enabled. By default it is not enabled, but after you install it the first time it will run the configuration and give the illusion it is enabled.

If it is not enabled, enable it and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom