[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (2 Viewers)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Update... Release 0.2.9

1. Started revamping the Season/Series/Movie seperation. Now only one cover will show for a series/season, and once selected it will show the disc's associated with that title. Furthermore, if you hit the back button it will return you to the previous search/screen. (Note: the back only works with Series/Season episodes. Otherwise the back will take you to the main menu.) If you hit the context menu on the main cover, it will add all the titles to the queue. If you select the title you can indiviually add discs from the series/season (This is the intent anyway.) There were a few series/season dvd's I had issues with, so keep in mind if you select a series/season and you do not see any images, you will have to restart MP (this is top priority to get fixed.)

2. I added a feature to make MP invisible (thus to hide) when you are running MP on top always. This should solve the issue with the browser going behind MP.

3. I fixed the DVD Queue to show all the titles in your queue (minus the saved disc's. or discs that do not have a release date.) So if you have more than 14 they will now show up in the queue.

4. I have started researching the possiblity of using a webbrowser object instead of using IE or Firefox, etc... I made some headway, but still have a few kinks to work out.

5. I was having difficulties with the pause working correctly, and since the select button works just as good I decided to remove that code. So the pause button does nothing.

6. I also put wrappers around most of the buttons (wherever possible) to prevent miskeys, so when IE is open and you accidentally hit an odd button it doesnt do anything funky in MP.

The toughest part thus far has been trying to seperate out the Series/Season/Movie titles. It doesnt appear that the NetFlix API has consitency across all title types, therefor making it difficult to add/update/delete Series/Season titles. The new framework I have developed will serve us much better and make everything a little more efficient.

If all else fails you can revert back to the 0.2.8 version if it is serving you better....

Have fun!
    Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    You're probably at the beach (having fun I hope) but just a heads up - 0.2.9 is a bust for me, at least. 3 different systems, 1 Windows 7, 1 Vista x64, 1 Vista x32, same problem on all, plugin freezes on first load, have to force quit MP. Error log attached, looks like there are quite a few systems exceptions in there. Maybe you missed linking a resource in VS? It sort of looks that way but I can't tell without the source.

I'll roll back to 0.2.8 in the meantime. Thanks for the work so far btw :D

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    0.2.9 works for me!
    The most important feature for me would be to be able to select 'browse instant videos' and browse by title or genre or something. Then, be able to click on the title and use the d-pad to select 'play'.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    You're probably at the beach (having fun I hope) but just a heads up - 0.2.9 is a bust for me, at least. 3 different systems, 1 Windows 7, 1 Vista x64, 1 Vista x32, same problem on all, plugin freezes on first load, have to force quit MP. Error log attached, looks like there are quite a few systems exceptions in there. Maybe you missed linking a resource in VS? It sort of looks that way but I can't tell without the source.

I'll roll back to 0.2.8 in the meantime. Thanks for the work so far btw :D

Im actually leaving early afternoon... :)

I have made some more adjustments to 0.2.9 and have released 0.2.9a. You will find it is much more stable than 0.2.9 (sorry for that...)

After looking deeper into the API, it appears that NetFlix does not want us to add series/season titles idividually, so after learning that things went much smoother.

Also, did you copy all of the dll's? I made changes to the wrapper as well...

Thanks!
    Wile E.

0.2.9 works for me!
    The most important feature for me would be to be able to select 'browse instant videos' and browse by title or genre or something. Then, be able to click on the title and use the d-pad to select 'play'.

That is in the works, although the NetFlix API does not provide for it. I am working on a web service that will work exclusively with this plugin that will be able to give us the data we need for Instant browsing as well as Genre browsing....

Thanks for the feedback!
    Wile E.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Same issue for me. In fact, now 0.2.8 doesn't work. Something clearly went wrong on my end - do you see anything in the error.log WileE? Is there a way I can do a full and complete clean uninstall?

What happens is as soon as the plugin loads it freezes up - I can see the background, and the text/menu on the left, but no covers, and I can't select anything. I can hear the remote clicks but nothing happens. I have to force-quit MediaPortal to get out of it.

At first I thought it was because I didn't have any actual DVD's in my queue, but even after I added some the problem remained.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Same issue for me. In fact, now 0.2.8 doesn't work. Something clearly went wrong on my end - do you see anything in the error.log WileE? Is there a way I can do a full and complete clean uninstall?

What happens is as soon as the plugin loads it freezes up - I can see the background, and the text/menu on the left, but no covers, and I can't select anything. I can hear the remote clicks but nothing happens. I have to force-quit MediaPortal to get out of it.

At first I thought it was because I didn't have any actual DVD's in my queue, but even after I added some the problem remained.

To erase any and all memory of MyNetfFlix you can delete the 3 dll's and remove the MyNetFlixDatabase.db3. Go into the configuration and all should be gone...

After complete removal, you can simply add back the 3 dll's and re-configure...

Try that and let me know if it doesnt work.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Think I figured it out, and maybe discovered a bug for ya :) :

Last night before I upgraded I had 1 movie in my DVD queue which I removed because I really only use this for streaming and I always forget to return the damn disks. Anyway, I had an empty dvd queue, and when I started the plugin after upgrading this morning the first screen it goes to by default is the dvd queue, and nothing was in it, and I'm guessing that jacked it up.

Even after I added a movie back in to the queue on a hunch the problem didn't go away on any of my systems so my guess is something in the database got corrupted.

When I did a clean uninstall, removed the db3 file, and reinstalled, it worked once again, this time with one movie in the queue. Remember, I'm talking about physical dvd, not instant - I have about 40 of those lined up.

So you might want to check how the plugin reacts if it loads up and there are no dvd/blurays in the queue - I'm guessing this might be more common than you think, especially once Netflix goes to their "streaming-only" payment plans.

I had some other issues after I got it working again:

1) I can't figure out how to make the thing go full-screen - I thought it was the "I" key and I mapped that to my remote but it doesn't work, I have to use the mouse to select full screen after it loads.

2) Only the "select" button works, as a pause (like you mentioned). In particular "stop" does not seem to work so maybe I'm missing something? Do I need to map a different remote key to alt-F4 to quit the plugin when I'm done, or is it supposed to work inside it?

3) Once I did alt-f4 to quit it brought me back to the plugin screen but I couldn't exit from there, the "back" or "escape" key function no longer worked, I had to quit MP using the mouse.

Thanks again :) Latest error log attached.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    It becoming more apparent which feature I need to work on next ;) Mellroc made a good suggetion about a home screen selector, I will bump that to the top of my list...

BTW which remote do you have?

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I use a standard Microsoft MCE remote (eHome) on all 3 of my systems; I use either the stock MCE remote or my Harmony 880 programmed to act like an MCE remote with them.

Would EventGhost be a better option perhaps? I use it on my upstairs system, maybe I'll fool around with it today. Wish there was a way to get the Silverlight player to respond to keyboard commands.

mellroc

Portal Member
    January 12, 2009
    Just tried the latest release. My MCE remote can now trigger full screen, and the stop button can get me back to MP, so I'm mostly happy.

1. I ran into a small issue where exiting from the on screen keyboard didn't exit cleanly, but it didn't crash MP.
    2. I also noticed that my DVD Queue had multiple instances of the same movie. I'm gonna try deleting the database and see if if I can get to the bottom of it.
    3. Using Streamed MP editor, no matter what I select for the menu text to call mynetflix, it comes up blank when I actually navigate to it in MP.

However, it's very useable otherwise. If it wasn't so sunny out, I'd play with it some more today.

Cheers!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom