[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

4. Personally I only use the instant viewing related options

Thanks for the feedback!

I have started/restarted development on the 2.0 version so many times, I'm starting to think its never going to get done. But I am working on an instant only option, without all the DVD queue options.

ferrocene

Portal Member
    December 29, 2010
    Home Country

Hello,

I can't figure out how to complete the following command from the list of instructions on page 1:

5 a. If you use the Streamed MP Skin, be sure to add it to the basic menu (MyNetFlix.xml is the name of the file)

I do use the Streamed MP skin, but the basic menu, as far as I can see, has no way to import/select/choose/highlight/search for anything with the word netflix in the title.

Can someone direct me where to click on the basic menu screen? Am I even looking at the right screen? I'm assuming it is the program where you set up the Streamed MP skin - the first tab asks you the layout, and I think it's the 3rd tab where you select the items to appear on the basic menu, but there are no XML files here, just a list of verbs/actions (watch movie, etc).

EditorMenuItemsDesign.jpg

Thanks.

I figured it out. The instructions seemed a little ambiguous:

- Use the MPI file if you are using MP 1.0.2
    - Use the zip file if you are using MP 1.1 and would like to install the files manually.

I wasn't using MP 1.0.2, so I used the zip file. Trying all options, I ran the MPI file as well and it asked me which skins to select, and after that it worked.

So if you are using MP1.1, you still need to run the MPI file.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

ferrocene,
    Good catch! Imagine, someone actually reads the instructions :)

I have updated the first post...

Thanks!
    Wile E.

gserg

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2009
    Home Country

I would be happy with an instant-only version that skipped all the DVD related tasks. I use the search, similar titles, recommendations, etc but only to find streaming content.

Thanks for all your hard work

jimmysmitts

July 27, 2009

Does this look correct?

View attachment 72088

Though it appears to work correctly so far, it almost looks to me like part of the skin is missing...

I'm using v1.3 on a fresh install of MP 1.1.1 w/ StreamedMP 1.4.3

Thanks in advance!

UGH. did anyone fix this issue? if so can u share it (updated skin file)? this plugin is so awesome, but it makes it almost impossible to read the UI without a working skin file.

i'm using 1.3 with a fresh 1.1.2 w/ Latest streamed MP

thanks

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country

UGH. did anyone fix this issue? if so can u share it (updated skin file)? this plugin is so awesome, but it makes it almost impossible to read the UI without a working skin file.

Not that I am aware of...:(

I will post in the StreamedMP section of the forum and see if anyone would be willing to help us out. It is almost unusable...not being able to see it and all...LOL

EDIT: @Jimmy - You already did LOL. I'll throw my 2 cents in there and hopefully we can get someone's attention. I'm sure it would take a skinner but a few minutes to fix it.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

Not that I am aware of...:(

I will post in the StreamedMP section of the forum and see if anyone would be willing to help us out. It is almost unusable...not being able to see it and all...LOL

EDIT: @Jimmy - You already did LOL. I'll throw my 2 cents in there and hopefully we can get someone's attention. I'm sure it would take a skinner but a few minutes to fix it.

Hey guys, try this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tch-now-support-56764/index80.html#post637631

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country

hey, sorry if this has been addressed in a previous post, but I didn't want to read through 91 pages of posts. I know, lazy, huh. Anyway, I notice that when I play a movie on netflix with media portal, the picture is not as clear as it is if i play a movie via netflix on my Wii, it is pretty clear. I also tested this with Boxee, and got the same blury picture. Well, not really blury, but just not as crisp and sharp a picture as on the Wii.

ANy thoughts\help on this would be great.

Thanks

samyarbid

Portal Member
    January 26, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Home Country

How to get MyNetFlix plug-in to launch Watch Now in fullscreen
    ...plus a way get fast-forward and rewind to work better.

Create a shortcut for Internet Explorer to launch in kiosk mode:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -k
    and name it "NetflixBrowser".

Open MediaPortal Configuration, go to Plug-ins, choose Netflix, and click Config.
    Under the Settings tab, enter the file location of the shortcut you've just made. In my case it's: D:\MediaPortal\NetflixBrowser.lnk

And lastly, Save.

Since you will be using the bare-bones Netflix Movie Player and not the custom browser, you will need to map your remote buttons to these keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts for the Netflix Movie Player are:
    -----

Space – Toggle Play/Pause
    Enter – Toggle Play/Pause
    PgUp – Play
    PgDn – Pause
    F – Full-screen
    Esc – Exit full-screen
    Shift+Left arrow – Rewind
    Shift+Right arrow – Fast Forward

Fullscreen mode:
    Ctrl+space – Pause and enter key frame mode. The right and left arrow keys move between key frames.

-----

I'm using LM Remote Keymap, which by the way is an awesome program, for my Logitech Harmony One remote. For those who also use LM Remote Keymap, here are some examples of what I added to get my remote to work flawlessly:

Play Button:
    Code:
    If Window Exists("Microsoft Silverlight","AGFullScreenWinClass")
    Then
    	Press Key Space
    Else
    	Press Key P
    Stop Button:
    Code:
    Then
    	Find Window AGFullScreenWinClass,Microsoft Silverlight,C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    	Send Message 16,0,0
    	Launch Application "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"
    Else
    	Press Key B
    FastForward Button:
    Code:
    Then
    	Key Down Shift
    	Press Key Right
    	Key Up Shift
    Else
    	Press Key F6

Hope this helps you all. If anyone wants my LM Remote Keymap profile PM me.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

Thanks for the heads up Samyarbid. I adapted this process for my Harmony + iMON setup and it's much more solid than the built-in NetflixBrowser implementation using the autohotkey scripts.

The only downside is that I haven't found keyboard shortcuts for the next episode and previous episode buttons, but the tradeoff is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom