[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samyarbid

Portal Member
January 26, 2011
Pasadena, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

Cinnabuns, I haven't tested it but based on the AHK scripts I've seen (Netflix Control: A Netflix Silverlight Remote Control Script - SageTV Community), this should work:

By the way, hexadecimal 0x5555 to decimal is 21845.

Channel Up/Next Episode Button:
Code:
If Window Exists("Microsoft Silverlight","AGFullScreenWinClass")
Then
	Find Window AGFullScreenWinClass,Microsoft Silverlight,C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
	Send Message 21845,10,103
Else
	Press Key F8

Channel Down/Previous Episode Button:
Code:
If Window Exists("Microsoft Silverlight","AGFullScreenWinClass")
Then
	Find Window AGFullScreenWinClass,Microsoft Silverlight,C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
	Send Message 21845,10,104
Else
	Press Key F7

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009
My Netflix plugin + Reclock

I'm wondering if the built in (custom) browser for this plugin will support the Reclock directshow filter? If so, this could eliminate the judder/studder some of us experience when streaming Netlix on a PC. Supposedly Silverlight 5 scheduled for this summer 'may' fix this issue, but not holding my breath. Do any of you that use this plugin find the video quality any better compared to your native browser in terms of studder?

hzn79

Portal Member
November 7, 2010
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin - for users in Canada

For Netflix Canada users, !!!!

I made a small fix in this plugin (basically a patch to work with Netflix Canada). So read below how to use it.

Link contains is the dll and some helper executables.

To install:
1. First install the original My Netflix plugin ver 1.3, from this thread.
2. Replace the files from the rar file (paths are relative to MedialPortal\Plugins dir)

What is this all about. Basically I have modified the original MyNetflix.dll to launch movie with link to Netflix.CA

Also have replace the original WebBrowser.exe with my similar, but lightweight application that reacts to MCE remote STOP button
by closing itself. (the other two executable are just dummy ones, for normal operation (the plugin uses them)).

Let me know if you would have any problems.
:)

ps. you should leave empty browser configuration in Netflix Plugin->Config.

the link:
MediaPortal_Netflix_Canada.rar - 0.08MB

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country

- If you are running themes in Windows 7 MP will loose focus when using the My NetFlix plugin. (Thnx Mike1230) Please do the following:
----- Right click on the MP icon and go to Compatibility and then check the following:
----- Disable Virtual Themes
----- Disable Desktop Composition

I spent a couple hours today playing around with the dynamic refresh rate settings in MP and found that the above may have unintended consequences. The built-in MP video player requires Aero to be enabled in Vista/Win7 when using EVR as the video renderer in order to properly implement VSYNC. If you enable the dynamic refresh rate control (disabled by default) in MP's config, and are using EVR (default option for MP Win7 install), you may get screen tearing issues if you also disable Desktop Composition (Aero).

I re-enabled Desktop Composition and my screen tearing problems with the dynamic refresh rate control feature went away. But then, it seems like I also don't have any issues with the plugin losing focus. Note that the VSYNC issue only applies to the built-in MP video player so it's not directly related to this plugin, but I thought I'd post in here so people are aware of the caveats with disabling Desktop Composition.

sdanielson

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada

Couldn't get it going. Not sure if it's a skin issue (StreamMP) or what. No very familiar with NETFLIX, just on trial, but there's no queues in the Canadian version as far as I can tell. First page is messed up. If I left are to the menu I can browse but can't get anything to play.

I made a small fix in this plugin (basically a patch to work with Netflix Canada). So read below how to use it.

To install:
2. Replace the files from the rar file (paths are relative to MedialPortal\Plugins dir)

What is this all about. Basically I have modified the original MyNetflix.dll to launch movie with link to Netflix.CA

Also have replace the original WebBrowser.exe with my similar, but lightweight application that reacts to MCE remote STOP button
by closing itself. (the other two executable are just dummy ones, for normal operation (the plugin uses them)).

hzn79

Portal Member
November 7, 2010

Yes, the queue is not available in Canada..
and first scree is always a mess up.

But this is the way, just select "New release" or "Netflix top pics" from left popup menu
this will bring some list
and there you go. select any that has red circle, (Instant) and press play play.

Couldn't get it going. Not sure if it's a skin issue (StreamMP) or what. No very familiar with NETFLIX, just on trial, but there's no queues in the Canadian version as far as I can tell. First page is messed up. If I left are to the menu I can browse but can't get anything to play.

To install:

gserg

Portal Pro
November 21, 2009
Home Country

hzn79,

Does your WebBrowser replacement offer any other advantages? Does it handle any other remote buttons like the FF and RW? Also, would it work for someone with a US Netflix account?

hzn79

Portal Member
November 7, 2010

it reacts to STOP button only.

Will add PAUSE, PLAY, FF RW probably next week.

and yes, it will work with Netflix USA, except as I remember it is now opening on second display.

Let me know if you need for display 0.

gserg

Portal Pro
November 21, 2009
Home Country

Yes, I would need it for display 0 since I only have the TV attached. Thanks for the offer. I look forward to giving it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom