[Original Thread] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support (1 Viewer)

Which view do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: [plugin] "My NetFlix" Plugin with Watch Now Support

Update...

I have uplaoded version 1.3.1 (dll only) on the first post. This version is for 1.2 Beta and above. If you are playing with the latest SVN you can install 1.3, then replace the MyNetflix.dll included in the 1.3.1 zip file.

I will be working on a full build of 1.4 this week. Hopefully hzn79 will have his browser changes soon so I can include it with the package.

Wile E.

In case it helps iron out some wrinkles, Netflix 1.3 has worked for me with the exception of the full screen and button problems that recently developed. In an effort to fix this, I downloaded the 1.3.1 dll file and replaced the file that was installed per 1.3. Then my Account is not recognized. I tried Config - The account is authorizing and I set my account as the default, then saved. All went well, but it did not change the result.

I went back to 1.3 since it works better. I did the dll replacement again with the same results so I have decided to stay at 1.3 for now. I look forward to 1.4 or a working 1.3.1. dll.

Thank you for your efforts, Wile E and hzn79. They are appreciated.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Are you running the latest SVN? If not then the 1.3.1 dll will not work.

Edit: Also, the 1.4 build will be for MP 1.2 beta and above.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country

Are you running the latest SVN? If not then the 1.3.1 dll will not work.

Edit: Also, the 1.4 build will be for MP 1.2 beta and above.

My apologies for my lack of knowledge but I am not sure what you mean by the SVN... Is that something to do with the version of MP being used? I am not very current because my only complaint about MP is that it takes forever to get all of the functions and features working properly after making a change, and there are many changes, so I have minimized upgrading. I am using 1.0.2.0.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

My apologies for my lack of knowledge but I am not sure what you mean by the SVN... Is that something to do with the version of MP being used?

SVN = Subversion. Which refers to test builds. The MP 1.2 Beta will be out soon and changes were needed to make the MyNetflix plugin compatible. If you are running 1.0.2 keep using the 1.3 version.

If your having issues with the fullscreen/pause/play/etc, feel free to try the WebBrowser.exe file that hzn79 has posted.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country

Sounds good. Just for clarity, you are suggesting that I not use your new dll since I am on an older MP SVN, but to try using hzn79's recent WebBrowser file, right?

basetwo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2005

OK - I thought I'd post my results. I'm also running MP 1.0.2.0 and have an ATI Remote Wonder (x10) remote. I replaced webbrowser.exe with the new one and disabled the autokey scripts as directed. The RW/FW/Pause/Stop/OK buttons do not do anything for me. Stop will close the window once I exit fullscreen mode. One thing I will meniton is that controlling the mouse with my ATI remote performs much better with the new browser plugin so I thought I'd mention that. I'm really hoping that I'm not going to be forced to upgrade MP to get this working.

Also - WileE, on another note, I haven't seen anyone mention this but it seems my instant queue order is all messed up since the change. Any ideas?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country

Also - WileE, on another note, I haven't seen anyone mention this but it seems my instant queue order is all messed up since the change. Any ideas?

Since which change? I havent changed My NetFlix in a while (still on 1.3) & the WebBrowser.exe doesnt do anything with the plugin. Unless you are in Canada and are using the custom dll by hzn79?

basetwo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 24, 2005

The change I was refering to was the change that Netflix did recently that broke everything with the controls. I was wondering if anyone else noticed that their instant queue was all out of order as well.

So - it turns out that the problem I experienced with the ordering of my queue does not seem to be an issue with the recent changes Netflix did. I had done some work to reorder my queue a few nights back, and somehow it got all messed up from there. I didn't realize this until I logged into Netflix to look at my queue and realized that my queue was exactly the same as it was showing up in My Netflix.

TDF

Portal Member
    October 28, 2008
    Home Country

Hoping for a little assistance. I am running MP 1.1.1 w/ the Black Glass Nova 1.4 Skin. I just installed the MyNetflix 1.3 plug-in and am having a couple of issues w/ it.

1st one is that I can't seem to get an instant movie to play. I click on the title I get the info screen then I hit enter again and nothing. I try to hit the Play button from the menu at the top w/ the same result.

the Second issue is with the Menu on the left....more of an appearance thing....probably just skin related, but the selections in the menu don't sit centered in the frame that they are listed in, and there seem to be 2 grayed out instances of my Profile name listed that are just there. you can't click on them as they seem to be grayed out.

I did have one other issue that I figured out that I'll throw up here in case anybody has it happen to them. When I was opening MP after configuring the Netflix plugin it would just hang. It turns out that even after I had set up the authorization in setup it was still opening the website in the back to have me do it again.

turns out that you need to make sure all Browser windows are closed when you 1st do the authorization....that includes the one that you are reading the install instructions from. Hey, live and learn.

anyways, any help would be much appreciated on this.

most of the other plugins I've been able to figure out by searching the boards...this one has me a little stumped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom