ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi happy,

This might be a good idéa but I don't know when that will be released (the TV server part for 1.0.2 is still not 100%). I'll keep an eye on this.

cheers
    cul8er

camoura

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    I did not try the skin yet, but I will soon.

Anyway, I have seen that in many skins but it really not pleases me.

Take the moving pictures thumbs view. I love to see as many thumbs as my eyes can see on screen. But having the " not in focus" thumbs faded is terrible.

Let me explain: when you are browsing a store with many itens would you like to see only one single item with a spotlight and the rest in the dark? I don´t think so. Our brain and eyes are fast enough to look at many itens at the same time.

Would it be possible to have a animated border around the focused thumb? Or mabye a tilting thumb?

Do you know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, your skin is on top of my list! Keep up!!!

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    lo cul8r (or any other) is it posible to make what i did in my mockup ?? i mean, if no cover is present, write the title in 2-3 lines (since some titles are to long to be in one line ...) see attachment... would look good when no cover is present...
    mockup_missing_cover.jpg

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    lo cul8r (or any other) is it posible to make what i did in my mockup ?? i mean, if no cover is present, write the title in 2-3 lines (since some titles are to long to be in one line ...) see attachment... would look good when no cover is present...
    View attachment 38910

i like that idea too, saves having blank pics

explodedk

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i also noticed a few things in the detailed view of moing pictures...

the cover should be the red seat with POSTER NOT AVAILABLE as in list view..

the uppercase fonts dont support æøå in uppercase. it looks weird with some upper and some lower...

the fluid body caps custom from mediastream by pilehaven has those added insted of lowercase...moving_pict_flaws.jpg

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is awesome!!! I love the basic menu editor you included it makes it WAY easier to setup.

Requests for other plugin support:
    Arcsoft player plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/blu-ray-hd-dvd-plugin-arcsoft-player-49357/
    Media Slayer plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mediaslayer-cd-dvd-hd-ripping-tool-v1-1d-37606/
    Movie Showtimes Plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/showtimes-plugin-suite-v2-2009-03-09-a-49668/
    Shoutcast Plugin: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/shoutcast-directory-plugin-31038/

Arcsoft player plugin is for playing hd-dvd and BluRay movies with arcsoft Total media theater. You probably already know that, but in case you didn't. Anyway, that should be the easiest to bring in. there is no "display" of anything. it jsut handles the transition between MP and TMT.

thanks for any and all work on this. it is AWESOME. I will be PERFECT if those plugins are included and also part of the building of the basic home config.

dyamant

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2007
    Castrop-Rauxel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Short request that i can use this woderfull skin too.

Plugin Requeset : MyStreamradio

and a lot of thnx for this nice skin and for the great and longtime work.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have uploaded a bunch of new images to the first port and updated the following (Moving Pictures and TV Series, now semi transparent overlay).

explodedk;
    * Nice suggestion with the missing covers but I cannot find a way to do it. If I manage it I will for sure implement it as it is a great idea.
    * I have added the "Default Poster"

mlburgoon;
    * Arcsoft is allready supported (but it wasn't available to the basic home, it will be in the version to come soon).
    * MediaSlayer will be in the version to come (this week or as soon as MP 1.0.2 is released)
    * The rest of the plugins I will have to see when they can be included but I will add them to the list

dyamant:
    * I will also add MyStreamradio to the list

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have uploaded a bunch of new images to the first port and updated the following (Moving Pictures and TV Series, now semi transparent overlay).

Are you using an LCD or a plasma TV set? Because I've noticed when working with transparancy for TV use is that what I can make out pretty well on my LCD laptop isn't as visible on my plasma. Perhaps you should attach the overlay here, so at least a couple of us can test the fanart visibility before you release the next version of your skin?

Edit: It does look very nice!

Emph

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Are you using an LCD or a plasma TV set? Because I've noticed when working with transparancy for TV use is that what I can make out pretty well on my LCD laptop isn't as visible on my plasma. Perhaps you should attach the overlay here, so at least a couple of us can test the fanart visibility before you release the next version of your skin?

Emph

yeah i also agree, things on my monitor look alot better than my plasma, if need be i'd be more than happy to test it for you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom