ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
damaster;
Please see the screenshots thread and you will see that next version will generate Aeon menu, Horisontal menu AND the old vertical menu. From within MP you can then change menu layout as needed.

Just watched the YouTube video and I must say that is simply AMAZING!!! The ability to change the menu layout from within MP is absolutely brilliant! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

X-Factor is coming along to be the absolute best skin for MP. I went from XFace to StreamedMP and now to XFactor and the jump in UI improvement has been bigger and bigger each time.

I will have to update my installation guide to teach newbies to use XFactor instead of StreamedMP :)

ajamils

Portal Pro
May 4, 2008
Last night I installed the latest version and now I can't seem to get my old menu back. When I try to generate a new basic home screen from the plugin setup I keep getting a pop-up, even though all fields are filled.

Just noticed that the latest update also screwed my TV Series screens (see attached pics). How do I fix that ?

any help ?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi ajamils,

Please try this;
    1. Delete the xfactor folder in your Cache folder.
    2. You haven't entered any text in menu 6 (the error message should say that you have to enter text in 1-6 not 1-5).

Best Regards
    cul8er

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Was wondering if anyone would point me in the right direction here

On the TV-Series the wide banner series view I want to remove the description and all the other text except the name, maybe move it up a bit, and have the banners go all the way across the bottom same height they are now, I have alot of shows and I would like to have more shown there, and I dont need the description of them.

Which .xml is this in and where abouts in it??

thanks

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi cul8er ! any news abut the new update ?
    Thank's,
    ysmp.

Promark

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi cul8er

IF and when you release a new version, would it be possible to start a new thread for it, as this thread is now 90 pages long with nearly 900 posts, it can be difficult or even impossible to find relevant info to do with a specific release. I think it makes sense

By the way love the skin keep up the good work :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I will release next version of this skin tomorrow:) The installation packages are created and I'm about to update the documentation. The new release will be added to a new thread in the xfactor forum to make it more manageble.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

I will release next version of this skin tomorrow:) The installation packages are created and I'm about to update the documentation. The new release will be added to a new thread in the xfactor forum to make it more manageble.

best regards
    cul8er

hi cul8er ! great to hear ........:D
    ysmp.

** WHAT TIME THE SKIN WILL BE UP...:D

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

best regards
    cul8er
    Great! :D

Perfect timing - I was planning to completely rebuild my HTPC on the weekend and it's great I can do this with a new release of my favourite skin! :D
    Would you recommend to run the skin with 1.0.2 or with 1.1.0/SVN?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom