ORIGINAL THREAD (OLD): About the X-Factor Skin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
i vote for a hot skin already know its only a few days old.... but seems people like it alot...

i noticed a few flaws in position of different items...

01: the blue dot is off . should be in the grey vertical row like in moving pictures.
pos_off.png

02: the video overlay is off in almost all aspects... see attachments below..
pos_off2.pngpos_off3.pngpos_off4.png

03: the text in the top for the different views is to big in english..
pos_off5.jpg

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @emphatic

what do i need to change in order to define a custom path for backgound images, i tried changing a few things but when i load up MP it tells me basic home cant be found

Sorry, I have no idea how to do that. I've just used the "hard coded" ones i.e. Skin root\Media\Animations\"Folder name" that were in the .xml that I have edited. Those do work for you, right?

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The skin looks very interesting, do u have a version for MP v1.0?

With the inconsistent functionality and stability MP releases these days, it would be great if all skin and plugin makers could have archive links to their various versions.

You should download 1.01 and do the update and you'll notice that it's MUCH improved over 1.0. Unless you're using SVN versions, updating will only take you 20 minutes.

Also, I did a custom splashscreen as I'm not a big fan of FOX.

Emph

Attachments

• splashscreen.png
      splashscreen.png
      369.5 KB

Major_Mess

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2006
    You should download 1.01 and do the update and you'll notice that it's MUCH improved over 1.0. Unless you're using SVN versions, updating will only take you 20 minutes.

I already have run an upgrade and tried a fresh install of 1.0.1. The dvb viewing is completely broken for me so have had to go back to v1.0.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I already have run an upgrade and tried a fresh install of 1.0.1. The dvb viewing is completely broken for me so have had to go back to v1.0.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've (mostly) had a very nice experience with 1.01.
    Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback. I will make a new release of the skin at the end of this week so please keep the bug reports coming.

A few answers and comments;
    I will add the tv series count to the next release, thank you happy.
    I will change the import order in basichome and other skin files so the now playing "window" is below the header part. Thank you emphatic.
    Question; One question: where do you put the list of modules to be used in the menu generator? Is it in the .dll itself? Where can I add a module if I design the skin for it?
    Answer: You cannot add your own skin files. You are more than welcome to mod this skin but the menu editor supports only the x-factor skin. If any of you make a mod that fits into the x-factor style I would be more than happy to include it in the x-factor release and then I would also add it to the menu editor.
    I will try your tvgemist file and see if we can include it in the next release, thank you GrinRoth. I have never used tvgemist.
    In next release the "blue dot" is correctly aligned in TV Series, thank you explodedk.
    I will try to modify the menu in picture so all fits, thank you explodedk.
    Finally I would ask everyone not to post any more mods in this thread. I have a hard time to keep track of your requests and bug reports and if you start adding your own mods here it is really hard for me to keep up. I really like that you are allready making mods and I hope that some of them can find a way into the x-factor skin. If this skin get into the hot skin section we can setup a separate area for mods but until then (if ever) please keep this thread to comments/reports about the "official" x-factor skin. Hope you all understand.

best regards
    cul8er

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @emphatic

what do i need to change in order to define a custom path for backgound images, i tried changing a few things but when i load up MP it tells me basic home cant be found

Sorry, I have no idea how to do that. I've just used the "hard coded" ones i.e. Skin root\Media\Animations\"Folder name" that were in the .xml that I have edited. Those do work for you, right?

Emph

yes the hardcoded ones do work, but on streamed mp i got it to use my fanart folder which was located on a different drive i was just wondering if its possible with this??

@cul8er
    thanks for considering my changes, ill try to not mod anymore files till we get a dedicated section :)

remb0

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2009
    please can someone provide a help file or tutorial to add more plugins into this skin menu?

I have installed onlinevideos en mytrailers etc. but this plugins don't show up into the skin editor.

and what is prefix. if i enter a prefix and title I don't see it somewhere.

thanks all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom