(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you want to give me your ChannelList.xml file and zap2it zipcode and provider lineups info I can see if I can reproduce it and find the problem.

Hi patrick,

Thank you for this offer! ;) I've sent you a PM for your review with this information. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I'd love to test any modifications you have made to this plugin to get it working again with the latest SVN builds.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    If you want to give me your ChannelList.xml file and zap2it zipcode and provider lineups info I can see if I can reproduce it and find the problem.

Hi patrick,

Thank you for this offer! ;) I've sent you a PM for your review with this information. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I'd love to test any modifications you have made to this plugin to get it working again with the latest SVN builds.

Wow, hard to track that one down.

It is a bug in MP, go into configuration.exe Television->TV Channels
    and edit(or double-click) one of the ATSC channels, you will notice
    the Major and Minor channels are reversed.
    Fix....just click OK and it will re-save the channel reversing them again
    so now the major and minor will be ok.

HTH,
    patrick

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    It is a bug in MP, go into configuration.exe Television->TV Channels
    and edit(or double-click) one of the ATSC channels, you will notice
    the Major and Minor channels are reversed.
    Fix....just click OK and it will re-save the channel reversing them again
    so now the major and minor will be ok.

HTH,
    patrick

Hrm, so the bug might be when exporting the TV Channels, it reverses the major and minor channel numbers? I have noticed this when I view the channel numbers. I've wondered why I would even be able to view the OTA channel if the major/minor numbers were not right. Unless it's the other settings that matter.

Your fix... clicking OK will reverse them again WITHOUT manually swapping them? Sorry, I'm not at home so I can't test this out yet.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    This program is not working for me. I got an account at Zap2it. I am able to refresh eth line up list in the plug-in configuration and I am able to load the line up with the Zap2it data but when I click save I get a time out error. This is the zap2it log. Can anyone shed some light on what is wrong and how I can get this puppy working?

1. Try editing your lineup at the zap2it site instead of inside the plugin.

2. Try running the channel auto-scan in the MP configuration.exe for your TV card.
    The plugin looks for a frequency value when matching non-digital channels
    and if you do not run the scan (and only add channels) then the frequency
    will be zero (even though you may still be able to tune th channel).

HTH,
    patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Hrm, so the bug might be when exporting the TV Channels, it reverses the major and minor channel numbers?

Your fix... clicking OK will reverse them again WITHOUT manually swapping them? Sorry, I'm not at home so I can't test this out yet.

Yes, clicking OK after editing the channel (without changing anything) will save, reversing them back to what they are supposed to be.
    Try it and you will see what I mean :)
    Remember to click cancel after double checking the result or
    it will save again and they will reverse again.

The bug is actually in the TVDatabase.cs file in the MP source about
    line 3258-3260 in the MapATSCChannel method.

the String.Format SQL for "update tblATSCMapping"
    has ..., majorChannel={22}, minorChannel={23}
    but the replaced values have minorChannel then majorChannel

I will try to post something in the development forum.

HTH,
    patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Patrick, thanks for working on this plugin. Will your updated version work with a current stable release?

Don't think so, but the logging is the only incompatible thing and
    would be easy to change if you want a version for the stable release.
    Let me know.

HTH,
    patrick

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Does anyone know what happened to Johnathan (the creator of this plugin) Seems like all the sudden he was just gone... no posts... not in IRC... nothing. Just kind of strange.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    I think that it would be extremely useful to have both to be honest. I use the stable updates now because I don't want to risk missing my tv shows! But I know many others use the svn's because they want the latest and greatest features.

It is strange that Jonathan suddenly vaporized, maybe he's just on vacation or somewhere without internet or something. He was always quick to respond and update before. It's possible he moved onto a different htpc solution without saying goodbye. Ah well, I hope he's doing well wherever he is. This plugin was very much needed.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    ...It is strange that Jonathan suddenly vaporized, maybe he's just on vacation or somewhere without internet or something. He was always quick to respond and update before. It's possible he moved onto a different htpc solution without saying goodbye. Ah well, I hope he's doing well wherever he is. This plugin was very much needed.

It looks like the last time he was here was the middle of July and he stated then that he didn't have any time any more. That has happened to more than one developer - so hopefully he will return when life eases up. That or another developer pops in and wants to take over!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom