(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is anybody having issues with dishnetwork and zap2it listings especially the PPV guide? my guide comes up but it does not display what the PPV channels are showing which is strange..I have checked my zap2it source and its all correct, all the ppv channels show just the words ppv and no movie description.

From what I understand, this is common, and is usually because the
provider, dish in this case, has requested the information not be released.
I have the same thing for comcast cable.

HTH,
patrick

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    When I use My theatre... I use a small DLL file called dishepg.dll. It downloads the listing from the satallite. This would then give us all of the channels... including the locals. Once we get scanning down with MP to 100%.... I am hoping someone can write a small plugin that will allow us to do this... and have the guide imported right into the database.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I know I might be jumping the gun here.. but I have been testing out the lastest build of the zap2it plug-in for the tv server. It now has the option to match the channels by just the number. Now we do no need the frequencies in the database for this plugin to work!

I really want to thank Patrick for all his hard work on this project... I am sure it will make all of us NA users very HAPPY!

One option I would like to see in the future is to remove any of the channels that do not match. I have several channels that I do not want.. or do not get... but when I do an auto scan, they still show up (HBO, GOV channels) I make sure that my zap2it list is 100% correct and then just download those channels. It would save a person a couple of clicks of having to go back into the TV server and remove those channels out.... so not a biggie. But to have a product that downloads all the channels you have set up, renames them all, removes missing channles... and works..... is priceless!

darklord2005

Portal Member
    December 28, 2006
    Hey bud where do I get this dll file? currently I am using zap2it plugin..is the dll file you mentioned part of a plugin? has anyone been having stability issues with mp svn releases? I downloaded a svn release to get my powerscheduler plugin to wake up the system and although it does wake up the system I am getting mp crashes..can anyone recommend a stable svn release where the powerscheduler is working properly?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The dll file is for my theatre... not MP.... but I am hoping someone can do the same thing so we can get the guide from the sat.

cowpie

Portal Member
    October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I know I might be jumping the gun here.. but I have been testing out the lastest build of the zap2it plug-in for the tv server. It now has the option to match the channels by just the number. Now we do no need the frequencies in the database for this plugin to work!

I really want to thank Patrick for all his hard work on this project... I am sure it will make all of us NA users very HAPPY!

One option I would like to see in the future is to remove any of the channels that do not match. I have several channels that I do not want.. or do not get... but when I do an auto scan, they still show up (HBO, GOV channels) I make sure that my zap2it list is 100% correct and then just download those channels. It would save a person a couple of clicks of having to go back into the TV server and remove those channels out.... so not a biggie. But to have a product that downloads all the channels you have set up, renames them all, removes missing channles... and works..... is priceless!

Oh cool! Can't wait to try this out, thank you for all your hard work patrick

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country

Any luck getting sound out of OTA HD channels yet?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have not had any luck at all.... Of course it would help if I had a OTA HD card... and a HDTV... :)

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I hope to be testing out the zap2it plugin for the TVServer as well as TVServer itself to verify the audio and video works on OTA HD. I'll remember to post my results here after I am done this week.

I never really run the TVServer for very long since my wife and I depend on some shows that we need to record actually get recorded. So I only tend to test the TVserver out for an hour or so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom