(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Well I am about to get an HDTV and was talking to a buddy at work about it... He says there are no OTA channels here in Denver. I was thinking NO way with all the people here.. but sure enough there was some big issue about it. Something about who owns the towers or something. A law was finally passed here about what they could and couldn't do with the towers... but I think it's still a ways off...

Talk about lame!

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here's the info that I got from http://www.antennaweb.org/ for Denver:
    Code:
    Antenna		Call	             Channel	Network	City	State	Live	Compass	 Miles	Frequency
    Type		    Sign					                              Date   Orient.       From  Assignment

yellow - uhf	KTVD-DT	20.1	MNT	DENVER	          CO		     260°	     13.3	 19
    yellow - uhf	KPXC-DT	43	  i	      DENVER            CO	TBD	242°	       13.1	   43
    yellow - uhf	KWGN-DT	2.1	CW	DENVER	          CO		     261°	      13.4	  34
    yellow - uhf	KDVR-DT	31.1	FOX	DENVER	          CO		     260°	      13.5	  32
    yellow - uhf	KCEC-DT	51.1	UNI	DENVER	          CO      TBD	261°	         13.4	      51
    yellow - uhf	KCNC-DT	4.1	CBS	DENVER	          CO		     332°	      0.9	    35
    yellow - uhf	KUSA-DT	9.1	NBC	DENVER	          CO		     332°	      0.9	    16
    yellow - uhf	KMGH-DT	7.1	ABC	DENVER	         CO		    332°	     0.9	   17
    yellow - uhf	KRMA-DT	6.1	PBS	DENVER	           CO		      332°	       0.9	    18
    green - uhf	KRMT-DT	40	DAY	DENVER	           CO	   TBD	 223°	          15.1	      40
    red - uhf	KBDI-DT	12.1	PBS	BROOMFIELD       CO		    253°	     27.5	38
    I see that three of the staions are listed as TBD. But this info isn't always the latest.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    hehe.... Actually no. My vacation started Tue night and we were going to leave in the morning. We then figured out that we were going to be hit very hard.. so we left Tue night. We drive 18 hours straight to Walla Walla, Washington. We missed the whole storm. My wife's Dad (that’s HER on the left) got caught in it and were stranded in western Nebraska for a day or more. We then had a wonderful Christmas and then DROVE to Lincoln, NE. That was fun. My grandmother and Brother live in Lincoln. About 8 hours before we get there, I get a call from a cousin. My grandmother fainted and fell. She cracked one of her vertebra’s and now has a problem breathing without an oxygen tank. She is doing better but spending time at a hospital on your vacation is not fun. We then drove back to Denver... the snow is everywhere, but the roads for the most part are very clean. A total of 3000 miles we traveled.... not fun.

...oh... this is the zap2it plug-in thread... right?

ynohtna

December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there, brand new mediaportal user here... well first time builder of an HTPC too.

Thought I was gonna have to sit down to get xmltv right on my own until I did a search and happened across this thread. I installed the lastest 0.2.2 from the first post and bam, that's it, I have channels and it seems to work great!

Thanks!

Now do any of you think I should read the 39pages of posts in this thread? Or is it all pretty inapplicable now? :)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    Most of it were problems with the plug in after applying SVN updates to MP. There is some TV server sprinkled in for taste.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have been able to test out the new version for the TV server... and Patrick is doing one hell of a job on it! There are some more options now that really help the user out.

1. It now does not need the frequency in the database for it to match up the channel. It can just use the number and as far as I know this should work just great.

2. It can now remove channels that do not match up with your epg data. For the longest time I was using xmltv and importing my channel list from the epg data. There would be no reason to bring down all the channels and then go back in and remove the ones I did not want, so I edited my zap2it list to be perfect. It only includes channels I get and want to watch.

When you do an auto scan it finds everything it can lock onto. this includes HBO channels that are even scrambled so you would need to remove them anyway. With this new feature, if it is not in the epg data then it will delete it from the channel list.

I installed the plugin last night and checked the options I wanted. I then restarted the TV server for the plugin to run. I then started up MP about 2 minutes after I restarted the server. I went to my channel list and low and behold, my guide was there... no extra channels to say "no information" No missing channel icons in the list.... it was all there.... ready for me to watch and set up recordings!

Patrick is really doing one heck of a job on this one... I asked him to add that delete channel feature and the next day it was there!

Keep up the good work!

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I also might add that with patricks TVServer implementation, it also SORTS the channels! A very awesome feature! All of what ASiDiE has mentioned above worked for me as well!

EXCELLENT WORK patrick!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom