(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teladog01

Portal Member
June 11, 2006
TV Server question

When you guys talk about installing the Zap2it plugin with the tvserver, are you meaning that you are actually installing the plugin into the tvserver directory, i.e. "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" and configuring it through the TV Server management console?

Or does this just mean that you are using the Zap2it plugin in MediaPortal while using the new tvserver backend?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    No, its an actual plug-in for the TV server. It goes in that directory "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" and pops up in the list of plug-ins under when you are in the server console. I am hoping patrick will release it soon, so I can quit talking about it :)

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Attached is the Zap2It plugin v1.8 for for MediaPortal v0.2.2 Stand alone and the TVEngine3.

Big Thanks to ASiDiE and natrlhy for their testing and feedback.

Please ONLY install ONE of the plugins, you DO NOT need both. I am not sure how
    MediaPortal would behave (and we do not want to abuse the free service zap2it/DD provides to open source projects).

Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8-MP.zip - MP v0.2.2 stand alone
    Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8-TVE3.zip - TVServer (TVE3)

If you are running MP v0.2.2 stand alone place the Zap2itPlugin.dll file in the plugins\process folder.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

If you are running the TVServer put the Zap2itPlugin.dll file into the Plugins folder in the TVServer folder.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

The download zip file contains 2 zip files.
    The BIN file contains the plugin dll file and the SRC contains the source code if you are interested.

NOTES:
    If you are running MP stand alone:
    The settings have been moved into their own xml file in the MP install folder
    so you will have to re-enter your ID and Password and re-select you options.

You may have problems with Windows Vista if you do not have write access to
    the Program Files folder(for the settings file).
    If this is a big problem for many people, later I may be able to add an
    option to change the settings file location or only update the plugin for SVN versions until the next release.

ChangeLog:
    1.8 01/06/07
    Fixed bug where NextPoll could get scheduled in the past and never start
    Fixed bug in RunEpgImport where the endDate could be set to before startDate
    Increased the timeout for managing lineup data in the configuration.
    Added code to check for valid ATSC subChannel
    Added a DigitalTerrestrialSubChannel lookup that gets the subChannel from Callsign.
    Allow zap2it xtvd channel to be a string and try/catch parse for ChannelMajor.
    Changed setting to zap2it.xml - MP changed API for internal settings class, making release & SVN incompatible
    (TVE3 Only) Re-work of plugin to use with the MP TV Engine.
    (TVE3 Only) Added option to match channels by channel number without a frequency
    (TVE3 Only) Added Country Selection to pre-select for the auto-added external channels
    (TVE3 Only) Added additional log entries that indicate options.
    (TVE3 Only) Added optional channel sorting
    (TVE3 Only) Added option to delete unmapped channels

Thanks,
    patrick

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks for the updates patrick!

I've modified the first post again. Please provide any input to the first post layout if it doesn't have a good flow to it...

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    I've been using the plug-in to get my Star Choice listing into MP and it worked like a charm for some time. Sins yesterday I don't see the little pop-up message anymore to tell me zap2it has updated......
    (My account will expire in Feb, so that is not the issue)
    All the channels now say " no data available"

I tried to delete the TV.....xxx.DB3 file and configure again but no result.

Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I would take a look at your logs to see what the plugin is doing... That would be my first step.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I've been using the plug-in to get my Star Choice listing into MP and it worked like a charm for some time. Sins yesterday I don't see the little pop-up message anymore to tell me zap2it has updated......
    (My account will expire in Feb, so that is not the issue)
    All the channels now say " no data available"

I tried to delete the TV.....xxx.DB3 file and configure again but no result.

Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Like ASiDiE said, without the logs there is not much I could even guess about.
    Did you update MP to a new version?
    If you updated to a recent SVN you will have to use the new version from
    the first post.

HTH,
    patrick

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've cut and paste here the error log file.

2007-01-08 12:53:24.835125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin: ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin exception : System.MissingMethodException : Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.
    at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception : System.MissingMethodException : Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.
    at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Stop()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Stop()
    at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
    at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception : Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Stop()
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Zap2itPlugin
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Stop()
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: MediaPortal stopped due 2 an exception Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'. Zap2itPlugin at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Stop()

rbrothers

Portal Member
    November 29, 2006
    Home Country
    I've cut and paste here the error log file.

2007-01-08 12:53:24.835125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin:processPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin exception:confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.
    at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()
    2007-01-08 12:53:46.149399 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.
    at ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin.MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin.Stop()...)

I got the same error until I recompiled from the source... The recompiled DLL then worked.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom