(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The working plugin can be downloaded from the 1st post in this thread.

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    HI to all.

What I did to correct the problem I previously reported here. (at first look at least)

All the channels in TVGuide say " no data available"

Before you start make a backup please.

1. Delete ..\Database\TVDatabaseV21.db3
    2. Delete ..\XMLTV\TvGuide.xml
    3. Installe the latest dll for Zap2it. (Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8-MP.zip)
    4. Configure the Plug-in
    5. Configure and map all the TV Channels in MP setup to my setup with Satellite provider. I'm using Star Choice, meaning its an external input and all the channels have to be set to "external" type with the correct input (SVHS) and with the correct Channel number. I know lots of mouse work. I was stupid enough not to backup previous setup :eek: . Guess what the first button was to click on after going through all the channels. :D
    6. Run Grabber in the Program Guide/Scheduler (tv_grab_na_dd with parameters "--auto=config add")

First test result:

All channels had program information but the time offset was wrong. And this is strange sins I never changed that setting from before.

Steps I took to make it work:

1. Chip on " use time zone information from XMLTV file"
    2. Compensate time zone with +7hr.
    3. Remove all programs from TV database (click button lower right in Program Guide/General )
    4. Run Grabber in the Program Guide/Scheduler (tv_grab_na_dd with parameters "--auto=config add")

This time around it all seems to work correct and I had all my programming back with the correct time for each show. :D

NOTE:

Previously my time compensation was -7hr. In current Configuration I have to change that now to + 7hr.
    I'm in Canadian Standard Mountain time. (GMT –7)
    Maybe the system will take a difference if there is a space between the minus sign and the number 7 which made me believe I always had it on –7 rather than +7. :confused:

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    I've cut and paste here the error log file.

2007-01-08 12:53:24.835125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin: ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin exception : System.MissingMethodException : Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.

What version of MP(including date of any SVN installed)
    and what version of the plugin are you using.
    There have been/are many changes to logging and settings within
    MP that have version compatibility a little difficult.

Thanks,
    patrick

LarryB

Portal Member
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    I've cut and paste here the error log file.

2007-01-08 12:53:24.835125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to start plugin: ProcessPlugins.EpgGrabber.Zap2itPlugin exception : System.MissingMethodException : Method not found: 'Void MediaPortal.GUI.Library.Log.WriteFile(MediaPortal.Services.LogType, System.String, System.Object[])'.

What version of MP(including date of any SVN installed)
    and what version of the plugin are you using.
    There have been/are many changes to logging and settings within
    MP that have version compatibility a little difficult.

Thanks,
    patrick

I'm experiencing the same issue as above. I just downloaded the release yesterday from the download page. So I believe it would be: 0.2.2.0. I have since checked the release from SVN to try re-compiling the plugin as someone else suggested. That didn't fix it for me. I did comment the logging lines out of the start method and that did resolve it for me, obviously I know this disables the logging which sux. I verified the logging class is where it should be and available from source. I'm going to recompile core and see if that fixes it.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    HI to all.

What I did to correct the problem I previously reported here. (at first look at least)

If you had to do all that then something is definitely wrong with the plugin :confused:

The plugin should:
    auto map the channels for you,
    auto add any external channels (assigning the input you selected),
    auto rename the channels to your liking,
    auto compensate for any time zone.

With this plugin you should:
    1. Disable the xmltv grabber and not use it at all.
    2. Simply auto-tune any channels you have. (No renaming/mapping etc)
    3. configure the zap2it plugin:
    -zap2it id/password
    -select if you want the plugin to auto-rename your channels
    -select if you want the plugin to auto-add your Sat/Digital Cable channels and what input to assign (SVHS etc).
    4. Launch MP.

HTH,
    patrick

LarryB

Portal Member
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    well it appears that doing that recompile is going to be a little more involved than I have time for at the moment. I can't for the life of me see any reason why this error is occurring. I just reflect'd core.dll that is in the distribution and it has the method available that it states is missing. I even put the full qualified name in the source to see if that would fix it and it does not. I'm baffled as to why this is not workig.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    I think I see where the problem happened. :(

Tomorrow I will try again and do what I was trying to avoid and release
    a version for MP stable 0.2.2 and another for the SVN.

I think it is because the log service provider moved but the method calls
    remained, so I just did not notice and it compiled fine.

ASiDiE found a small bug in the TVServer version today too so I will update it too.

Thanks,
    patrick

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    :D guys for all the rapid replies and developments on this issue. I'm really impressed to get all this feedback in basically no time..

Just wanted to add to previous workaround that it at least gave me my program guide for the next few days. My suspicion though is that it probably won't solve the issue complete as I’ve seen in the Error log that the zap2it plug-in still has issues and can't be started. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the I think the workaround will manually give you a guide for a few days but won't update automatically thereafter​

To complete your question on Verison.

I use the latest stable version 0.2.2 and the latest posted zap2it plug-in. Currently I don't have any svn installed.

rbrothers

Portal Member
    November 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Just as a sanity check, I'd like to verify that I'm getting the correct files from the correct place:

I download the STABLE version 0.2.2.0 from
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/download.html which pulls the file from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mediaportal/MediaPortal_0.2.2.zip?download

I download the Zap2It plugin from the first message of this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=8278
    Using the link called "Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8-MP.zip (112.1 KB) MP v0.2.2 stand alone".

I assume the files located in the wiki at https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/EPGorTV/ are not up-to-date.

Also... I can download the latest source for MP from SVN, but how can I obtain the current STABLE source files (i.e. 0.2.2.0)?

Thanks
    Bob in Lone Oak, TX

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Hopefully we'll get it right this time ;)

Attached is the Zap2It plugin v1.8a for for MediaPortal v0.2.2 Stand alone, MediaPortal Recent SVN Stand alone, and the TVEngine3.

Make sure you get the correct version.
    If you installed any SVN after 02Jan2007 you will have to use the SVN version.

Again, ONLY install ONE of the plugins, you DO NOT need both the Stand Alone and TVServer versions. I am not sure how MediaPortal would behave (and we do not want to abuse the free service zap2it/DD provides to open source projects).

Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8a-(MPv0.2.2).zip
    - MP v0.2.2 stand alone, NO SVN

Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8a-TVE3.zip
    - TVServer (TVE3)

Zap2It-Plugin-v1.8a-(MP SVN).zip
    - MP Recent SVN ONLY

If you are running MP v0.2.2 stand alone place the Zap2itPlugin.dll file in the plugins\process folder.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

If you are running the TVServer put the Zap2itPlugin.dll file into the Plugins folder in the TVServer folder.
    Example: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

The download zip file contains 2 zip files.
    The BIN file contains the plugin dll file and the SRC contains the source code if you are interested.

ChangeLog:
    1.8a 01/09/07
    Changed settings back to internal mediaportal
    Changed debug output to MediaPortal specified log folder
    (TVE3 ONLY) Changed RemoveOverlappingPrograms back to scan all programs

Thanks,
    patrick

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom