(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It doesn't seem to be showing up when I try to make a post to pastbin.
I use the name luke when I tried making the post.

Maybe something is wrong with pastebin, i did not see a post.
Can you just post here again and attach it?

patrick

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    I'll try and take a stab at it...

If you channels are already named like this in your TV Channels:

CNN/33

I don't think the plugin will be able to match.

Have you tried to just not autotune your TV Card and let the plugin do the work for you? I take it you tune to an external receiver?

If you must autotune first, your best bet might be to manually rename each channel to match the callsign name that is listed on your zap2it lineup.

For example, if you already have CNN/33 listed as a channel, and zap2it lists this channel as CNN on your lineup, rename the channel to just be CNN and the plugin should work it's renaming magic...

HTH,
    Hy

MSMP

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Major instabillity when Zap2it webserver is down

Hi guys,

It seems that labs.zapt2it.com website has been down on and off.
    I could create new account few days ago but could not add line up or copy one from other account.
    In itself nothing to do with this plug-in. but just wanted to mention this first.

It is Friday Feb. 16 / 21:00 SMT it seems that the labs.zapt2it.com is down again but now completely.
    This seems to cause a major instability on my system (MP 0.2.2) and actually crashed the Media portal application. I attach the error-Log FYI.

Tried rebooting few times but every time after x seconds (aprox. 60 to 120) MP crashes. When I disabled the Zap2it plug-in it seemed to be ok with MP. Seems to me that the labs.zap2it.com being down causes the plug-in to crash. :(

charnov

Portal Member
    August 1, 2006
    Thought I would also throw in that I have had zero luck for the last two weeks with the plugin. It worked for the longest time and just suddenly broke. I had to switch over the GB-PVR for a while. I sanitized my system and completely reinstalled MP. I tried SVN and 0.2.2. and no luck. I constantly get the "have you autotuned" error message. I can't use the tvengine 3.0 because it doesn't support my card yet (ATI Elite 550).

charnov

Portal Member
    August 1, 2006
    I looked at luke16's log and mine has the same issue with mismatched names. Are we sure Zap2It didn't change their format or something?

charnov

Portal Member
    August 1, 2006
    OKay...I just erase the TV database and all the channels and retuned the channels and now it just suddenly worked again...weird.

luke16

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Alb.
    Home Country
    I'll try and take a stab at it...

If you channels are already named like this in your TV Channels:

CNN/33

I don't think the plugin will be able to match.

Have you tried to just not autotune your TV Card and let the plugin do the work for you? I take it you tune to an external receiver?

If you must autotune first, your best bet might be to manually rename each channel to match the callsign name that is listed on your zap2it lineup.

For example, if you already have CNN/33 listed as a channel, and zap2it lists this channel as CNN on your lineup, rename the channel to just be CNN and the plugin should work it's renaming magic...

HTH,
    Hy

I already mentioned that I already autotuned it. The question here is what is causing my and charnov's plugin to break and change the channel names like that?

charnov

Portal Member
    August 1, 2006
    After looking at at some things, I think that XMLTV may be writing into the database some weird values or something that get retained. I noticed, I could get XMLTV to populate values but the import channels from tvguide.xml option returned an error which got me thinking. After deleting all my channels and deleting the tvguide.xml and tv database, running the plugin, saving the channel list from the plugin, then autotuning, it is working normally again.

I wish there was a way to trigger the plugin running manually like there is with XMLTV.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    I already mentioned that I already autotuned it. The question here is what is causing my and charnov's plugin to break and change the channel names like that?

If you have already auto-tuned AND the channel frequencies are populated then
    your channel mappings are messed up.
    I cannot tell you what messed them up. It could be MP itself(ex. SVN install or XMLTV import), a corrupt database, or zap2it changed all the IDs of all your channels(unlikely).

This plugin will not change existing mappings or rename channels unless the option is set to.

So... ;)
    1. If the frequency is populated for your channels then you will have to clear all your channels and run auto-tune again (or delete your tvdatabase) because the mappings are messed up.
    2. If you run auto-tune and the frequencies are not populated it could be a bug in MP not populating the frequencies.

HTH,
    patrick

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom