(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrlhy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This has happened to everyone since day one that I can recall. I've never used the plugin to save my channel lineups. I always do it from their website.

I'm not sure what causes this, but I've never seen a fix for it.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    With the SVN version.
    In the configuration I try the refresh (OK), load (OK), then try to save (Error accessing linesups, the operation has timed out).
    The only zap2it entry in the configuration.log file is:
    2007-02-12 12:54:14.264752 [Debug][Config Main]: PluginsNew: loadPlugins C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\Zap2itPlugin.dll

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, I did increase the timeout to 45 seconds (from 20) and it was working for me when I checked it ,
    but I have noticed it can take zap2it a bit to respond at times.
    Nothing magic about the code behind it, it is walking through the same web
    pages you go through at the zap2it web site.

patrick

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    It has been awhile since I setup zap2it and it was working fine before I went to SVN - since I moved to SVN I am not able to get the lineup into my TVGuide. I just get an error "Unable to process and channels"

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    It has been awhile since I setup zap2it and it was working fine before I went to SVN - since I moved to SVN I am not able to get the lineup into my TVGuide. I just get an error "Unable to process and channels"

Hi Mike,

Did you run an auto-tune to get the frequencies for your channels?
    Typically that is what that message indicates is that it could not
    find/map any channels.

(BTW, real life keeping busy? Have not seen you on the boards as much lately :) )

HTH,
    patrick

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    I did go back and restore from a previous version and it properly show all the TV channels - this computer (at work) does not have a TV tuner, but still not able to get the list in the TVGUIDE. I thought I found the problem (forgot to deselect the Misc - select channel by index - checkbox) but was mistaken.

It appears the pastebin is not working, so here is a snippet of the epg.log:
    2 16:10:22.224870 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KJRH/2
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.240495 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KOED/11
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.256120 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KOTV/6
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.271744 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KTUL/8
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.271744 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KWHB/47
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.287369 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KOKI/23
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.302994 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KDOR/17
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.318619 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Could not find a match for KQCW/19
    2007-02-12 16:10:22.318619 [Info.][Zap2it EPG Client]: Sucessfully processed 0 of 8 channels

Yes - I have been busy and haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like on he forum or on my HTPC. Looks like it will be like that for at least another month or two.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Did you run an auto-tune to get the frequencies for your channels?
    Typically that is what that message indicates is that it could not
    find/map any channels.

(BTW, real life keeping busy? Have not seen you on the boards as much lately :) )

HTH,
    patrick

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    patrick - Well you have a MUCH better memory than I have!

That was indeed it.

Again, I have to say... many, many thanks!!

luke16

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Alb.
    Home Country
    I keep getting the "are you sure you autotuned your channels" popup when using the latest svn (well, as of a week ago) of media portal, even though I did autotune the channels and the plugin was previously working. I don't know what caused it to stop working. It had a good 3-4 updates before it stopped and starting giving the error message.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    I keep getting the "are you sure you autotuned your channels" popup when using the latest svn (well, as of a week ago) of media portal, even though I did autotune the channels and the plugin was previously working. I don't know what caused it to stop working. It had a good 3-4 updates before it stopped and starting giving the error message.

I am guessing you are using MP stand alone.
    Can you post your complete epg log file after an update to:
    http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/

Thanks,
    patrick

luke16

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2006
    Alb.
    Home Country
    It doesn't seem to be showing up when I try to make a post to pastbin.
    I use the name luke when I tried making the post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom