Out Of Memory errors after upgrade to MovPics 1.6 (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have a pretty major issue with 1.6 beta :( I have been running the latest release from the Extensions Installer for some time without issue. Just now I updated using the MPEI in this thread. The installation appeared to go smoothly.

However, now whenever I launch MePo, it crashes before it finishes loading and with Out Of Memory errors..

I have 16GB of memory (approx 6GB assigned to ram disk though) so I have plenty of ram. Is something leaking in MovPics because if I disable the plugin in MePo configuration, MePo loads up fine.. I have gathered logs using the debug tool, hopefully they show the issue.

Thanks

EDIT: Updated system specs to show I am using MePo 1.6.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok. It happened immediately after installing 1.6beta MovPic and I can bypass the issue by disabling MovPic plugin, but yes you are the experts :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, just tried an SVN version, same issue. Now installing the new version just posted (1.6.1) and I see this message during installation

Untitled.png

The installation seems to continue if you press OK and finishes. However, there is a check box at the end of the installation to launch the config.. If this is checked when I click finish I get this error message

Untitled.png

Also sadly, I still get MePo sitting on 'Loading Widows Plugins' for a long time and then eventually it crashes with out of memory errors again. New logs attached.

Thanks

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, seems you have a problem with MP´s Core.dll.
    Pls verify a correct installation of MP - I saw from your postings in different threads that you have a lot of problems in different areas... ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I have just installed Sebastiii's fork as a complete reinstall and installed only Moving Pictures plugin. The errors I posted screens shots of during MovPics install have now gone away, but I still have the out of memory error when loading MePo..

Just to be clear, if I disable MovPics plugin, MePo launches fine. Soon as I enable it again - MePo crashes with out of memory. This is on a fresh install with no other plugins other than the default installed ones.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have the error while installing movpic mpe1 too :)
    But seems to install correctly lol

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So something is wrong with your fork, @Sebastiii :p
    With regular 1.6 Final (and even with our team-internal 1.7 Pre) all works fine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom