Out Of Memory errors after upgrade to MovPics 1.6 (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, just tried an SVN version, same issue. Now installing the new version just posted (1.6.1) and I see this message during installation

View attachment 143632
    This might be because of the verison of MediaPortal your using, having a peak at your logs you are using a custom build "1.6.0-17-g99882a4-EXP-Custom.Data.Grabber.and.Series.Link.v.1.6.0"

The error you are seeing is trying to get a version from the executable so it knows what configuration launcher to copy to your machine. A valid version string it expects is in the form a.b.c.d. In your case it doesnt seem like you have that, if you had an official version of MediaPortal installed it would be okay :cool:

I can look at improving the script to support formats like that as well, but for now you know why you see that error.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´d say that "unofficial MP versions" should not be supported anyway.
    Filling the forums with "bugs" like this is inacceptable and makes bugfixing for the team itself a nightmare...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well I get the same error even with the fork that Sebastii gave me to try out (the version he is using on his system), MePo hangs and bails out with out of memory.

He suggested I try deleting my database (movingpictures.db3) and letting it build a new DB. When I do this, the MePo error goes away. So it seems it doesn't like my database.. But it was working fine with your 1.5 release this morning without issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1390129018][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I´d say that "unofficial MP versions" should not be supported anyway.
    Filling the forums with "bugs" like this is inacceptable and makes bugfixing for the team itself a nightmare...

With all do respect, I do appreciate what you are saying, but there are forks all over the place which I'm sure the team would encourage people to use not make people shy away from them.. how else is MePo going to develop and test new features? Also, I'm doing all this testing with different versions at Sebastiii's request.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    He suggested I try deleting my database (movingpictures.db3) and letting it build a new DB. When I do this, the MePo error goes away. So it seems it doesn't like my database.. But it was working fine with your 1.5 release this morning without issue?
    From the errors in your logs I would suggest that as well because it looks like you have a corrupt database. I can't guess what happen between your 1.5 and upgrade there is just too much of a mess in those logs.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well I will restore my PC back to this mornings incremental backup on my windows server and try again installing 1.6 MovPic and starting from a fresh DB. See what happens then. Thanks for taking the time to have a look into the issue for me.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With all do respect, I do appreciate what you are saying, but there are forks all over the place which I'm sure the team would encourage people to use not make people shy away from them.. how else is MePo going to develop and test new features? Also, I'm doing all this testing with different versions at Sebastiii's request.
    In that case I´d suggest to start own threads for the bugs found in the respective forks so the devs of those forks can find solutions for it.
    I´m still convinced that those issues must not be part of regular threads like this one ;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Well then the only option I have is to stop trying out svn's and forks because I know for a fact they aren't going to start supporting everyones plugins (some of which don't even release sources). As this seems to be moving off topic I will have to agree to disagree with you!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In that case I´d suggest to start own threads for the bugs found in the respective forks so the devs of those forks can find solutions for it.
    I´m still convinced that those issues must not be part of regular threads like this one ;)
    It's not only about a (custom) fork install. This issue is triggered by the way we define version numbers for our builds. If you've forked current master with a different name, and build it with the MSBUILD script in Git, you get a longer version numbers.
    I agree with Damien that we should look into the difference between our Product & File version, since those should be equal.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)

We have 2 differents issue there lol @catavolt.

Fisrt one is seems a corrupt db (this one, is the original issue)
    Second is related to define version numbers for our builds (fork or not) :) (So this one is general and can't be trigger on short name :))

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Just for information, I did a full uninstall and reinstall using official 1.6 final (non-development build) and the issue is the same with out of memory using my database. I pulled a random version from my nightly incremental and tried again and everything is OK with the backup database.

So yes, seems somehow during the update to MovPic 1.6 it got damaged and it isn't anything to do with the build I was using (I'd hate to lose support with this build because there isn't any hope of it making it's way into MePo because of the TVE freeze).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom