Outlook Mail Plugin (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Epstone,

just tried the new release and first I had same problem as already mentioned. So deleted the old dll's and reinstalled.
This time the config window did change so I thought all was well.

Then I hit "connect to outlook" and it immediatly trew an error at me:
************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
bij OutlookMail.Setup.OutlookMailSetup.SaveUserSettings1()
bij OutlookMail.Setup.OutlookMailSetup.ConnectToOutlook()
bij OutlookMail.Setup.OutlookMailSetup.btnConnectOutlook_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

p.s.
Outlook is working fine and already setup. version 0.6 worked perfectly fine for me.

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Okay thx @ Joz
I'm changing this function right now.. forgott something to check.
The greatest improvement for you (as a single user?) will be, that the plugin will load faster if you had allready opened Outlook before. And reading RSS...

I should have thought about that .dll naming stuff before.:rolleyes:

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Epstone,

thanks for your installation hints. Managed to load the new configuration now.

Although I set up everything inlculding Favorite Buttons the won´t show up in MediaPortal (Monochrome skin). I saved my settings (got the massage that they have been saved) but in MP I only see the default screen.

Marcus

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Epstone after getting the config right I started to really test the plugin. Seems to work fine for now.
The only thing (maybe related to an office security update) is that when I fired up outlookmail in MP, outlook asked me if I wanted to grant permission (1 min, 5, 10 etc). With 0.6 I never had this before.
I figured out that I can disable this warning in the outlook settings though so it's not really a problem.
The greatest improvement for you (as a single user?) will be, that the plugin will load faster if you had allready opened Outlook before. And reading RSS...
I'm a single user yes. I already noticed that it's even faster upon first time loading (or is it me imaginating things :))

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
thinking: *If you are using Outlook 07 and your Virus scanner is inactive or Outlook thinks it is, then you should get this security message. But yes in 07 you can at least disable this notification*

The plugin can connect to the outlook.exe which is allready running, therefore it is faster... :)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I use 2007 on my system.
It's kinda weird. It may be related to the fact that I use an nLite XP where I removed the "security center" completely.
But then again I used the same nLite XP with 0.6 and then I never saw this warning...
Could also be NOD32 fucking up or something... so many possible explenations.
But for now I'm happy setting the securtiy notification to disabled.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Can this plugin receive new mail or is it just reading existing mails in pst folder?

Can you send mail with this? Know it will be difficult with remote, but for something short, the on screen keybord or even sms-style input can do the trick.

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its "more" for reading existing mails in the pst files, if you can find some code for the "send and receive" function please post it :)

...or just put Outlook in the autorun and leave it open in the background, that would work also!
    No, you can't send mail with it and atm I have no time for this, a lot of exams :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom