OzTivoGrabber - Australian OzTivo grabber for Foxtel plugin for TVServer (4 Viewers)

50chickens

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
ok, yeah i just needed to recompile against the current version of MP. The update is in the OP.

I found a bug though :)

I've tested the download and import and thats working ok. I can create all the channels in the foxtelchannels.xml and assign them to a (or all) analog card(s). Then, viewing the guide in MP works too.. i'm actually kinda surprised there's alot more things that arent broken.

One thing that is definately broken is the channel codes. I think the OzTiVo site has done some updates to their channel names.. so you might want to take a look there.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi again.. maybe I thanked you too soon.. (not really I do appreciate the code!)

I can't seem to get the scheduled downloads to work.. If I manually download by clicking go it's fine.. and I can enable the schedule and save it.. but it never seems to run.

Can you give me some advice on what diagnostic steps to take? (There's no entries in the log apart from my manual downloads).

Thanks
    erosco

50chickens

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    yeah i had taken a look and scheduling was working for me..
    so i was checking the code for some reason but nothing immediately popped out.

is it working reliably, or just a once off for you?

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Howdy,

Sorry to say I don't know why it's started.. it definately wasn't working as I would have to manually fire up the TVServer Configuration tool to download the schedules (when I found my epg had expired showing 'no data available') a number of times.. then I noticed that I haven't had to do it recently.. on checking the log it's now running happily every night at 1am?!!?!?

Will keep an eye on it.. thanks for your patience.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Just wanted to update - My problem was that I'd never stopped/started the TV Server after enabling the plugin.. The functions worked..but the scheduler never ran. As soon as I restarted the TV Server my problems went away..

Problem was between the chair and the keyboard! :)

Thanks
    erosco

SizzleChest

Portal Member
    November 26, 2007
    Butt Town
    Home Country
    A couple of queries

Hi,

Great plugin.:D

I notice you mentioned in one of your posts a while back that oztivograbber (was) set up for analogue cards only. Is this still the case?

Also, I was playing with the grabber for the first time today, and it appears to download only one day of data, despite changing the plugin setting to say 7 days. Any ideas why this might be (i.e. what have I buggered up)?

Cheers,
    Chris.

50chickens

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    howdy..

yeah i there might be a bug in the days to download options.. check back in a few days.. if there is i'll make an update.

as far as the analog tv goes, the short answer is yes - atm oztivograbber will only create analog channels based on guide data, but in theory can be used to grab oztivo data for both analog and digital channels.

the long answer is i never thought it was useful to do anything with digital channels for a few reasons. The digital stream already provides epg data and i thought that was the main reason for not bothering.. but the process for creating a new channel based on the guide data means i'd need to also build and maintain a database of digital channels (and most likely multiplied by the number of citys in aus) to duplicate the analog functionality. there's a bunch of details i need (TSID/Network ID/Provider to name just a few) but MP is able to gather these when it does the digital scanning so it's kinda redundant (plus if my db is out of date then it just causes problems).

what i can do is add is the ability to map between oztivo epg data and existing digital channels after they've been scanned by MP. if you really really want it let me know and i'll see what i can do.. but tbh i havent looked at the oztivo grabber source in a while so it might take me a bit to relearn it first :)

50chickens

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    yep, definately a bug in the number of days selection for both the scheduled and non scheduled versions :)
    so.. new build in the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom