OzTivoGrabber - Australian OzTivo grabber for Foxtel plugin for TVServer (6 Viewers)

SizzleChest

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Butt Town
Home Country
No worries, thanks for the response and the bug check. Fair point re: the epg broadcast - I think I have just always used web grabbers over the last few years, and forgot about the over-the-air epg.

Cheers,
Chris.

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: A couple of queries

Guys,

I use this for digital channels.. I just ensure I tick all the 'don't create channels in mediaportal' flags.. basically I use it to pull down and merge the oztivo stuff. Happy to publish my settings if that helps.. I grab all the free to air (freeview) channels in Melbourne.

The benefit of this over the OTA EPG is that the oztivo community set up the series and episode numbers which helps my recording and tvseries plugins to correctly identify shows.

The ideal for me would be to blend the OTA with oztivo; as sometimes channels make late time/show changes which are missed in the schedule. However, this I believe is the holy grail of HTPC needs. Even the new freeview MHEG5 guide doesn't have all the required info in it...

Cheers
    erosco

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can anybody comment if there are any plans for MediaPortal to support MHEG-5 for the EPG? I am currently grabbing the EPG via EIT from the DVB-S card in my system and have then combined these with the DVB-T channels, however this seems messy to me and I would much rather grab it from the proper source. Additionally there is a lot more info broadcast with the MHEG-5 data such as channel logos which could possibly be used.

Thanks,

Blair.

beargrilled

Portal Member
    February 1, 2012
    Home Country

Guys,

I use this for digital channels.. I just ensure I tick all the 'don't create channels in mediaportal' flags.. basically I use it to pull down and merge the oztivo stuff. Happy to publish my settings if that helps.. I grab all the free to air (freeview) channels in Melbourne.

The benefit of this over the OTA EPG is that the oztivo community set up the series and episode numbers which helps my recording and tvseries plugins to correctly identify shows.

The ideal for me would be to blend the OTA with oztivo; as sometimes channels make late time/show changes which are missed in the schedule. However, this I believe is the holy grail of HTPC needs. Even the new freeview MHEG5 guide doesn't have all the required info in it...

Cheers
    erosco

Hi Erosco,

Are you running MP 1.2.x? I can't install the latest version of OzTivo Grabber 1.1.2 as it's incompatible.

Chicken any plans for updating this plugin. I would love to use it...

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country

50chickens

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    yep, i've made a version compatible with 1.2.3. See OP. just drop the .dll into your tvserver plugins folder (you might need to shutdown tvserver first).

if it's working ok lemme know and i'll package it up properly.

Guys,

Cheers
    erosco

Hi Erosco,

Are you running MP 1.2.x? I can't install the latest version of OzTivo Grabber 1.1.2 as it's incompatible.

Chicken any plans for updating this plugin. I would love to use it...

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Cant get it to work dude, dropped the dll into the plugins folder and pressed the channel config button. Screen appears as beneath.
    Im only after using it for FTA digital channels.....

Cheers

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    D:\Downloads\error.png
    sorry cant get the pic up here
    anyway the error box says:

Unable to validate plugins\foxtelchannels.xml

could not find c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\plugins\foxtelchannels.xml

50chickens

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    grab the full installer from the OP and then replace the .dll with the one in the 1.2.3 zip file. if it still doesnt work check that folder for the foxtelchannels.xml file.

D:%5CDownloads%5Cerror.png
    sorry cant get the pic up here
    anyway the error box says:

Unable to validate plugins\foxtelchannels.xml

could not find c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal tv server\plugins\foxtelchannels.xml

karl10247

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2011
    Home Country
    sorry chicken i must be blind or something, where is the full installer on the OP?
    I 've downloaded all 6 of the files attached to the OP now and theres no exe.....

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom