Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.4

Any update on my bug report? Just wondering if I should post more logs. It has happened a few other times on different ads.

Sorry for the delay, I have been a bit busy lately. I will take a look at your issue later today, I think ZealotSix is right and if he is it should be an easy fix.

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the problem and I think I have a fix. I will get a new build pushed out tomorrow.

farsight

February 16, 2011

Hello,

I don't suppose I could convince you to do a very basic psuedo code walkthrough of the pandora api ? I'm looking to implement this in a new language (ruby) and would appreciate having a overview to look at as I look through your code base.

Specifically, how one authenticates, and starts streaming music...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

Hello,

I don't suppose I could convince you to do a very basic psuedo code walkthrough of the pandora api ? I'm looking to implement this in a new language (ruby) and would appreciate having a overview to look at as I look through your code base.

Specifically, how one authenticates, and starts streaming music...
Their API uses XML-RPC and the client encrypts outgoing messages with a blowfish cypher. Incoming messages are in plain text but the url for audio files are partially encrypted with the same cypher but a different key. The two keys used are embedded in the flash object on the official Pandora website although they are obfusticated. Once you can decrypt things though, its just a matter of watching traffic and examining the XML-RPC messages sent back and forth. The method signatures are pretty explicitly stated in our code, although we only implement a subset of the API. There are other open source applications out there like pianobar that implement more of the interface, but frankly, once you can look at the raw XML messages its pretty easy to reverse engineer what is going on.

That is the high level over view. If you want to talk more please log into the #moving-pictures channel on irc.freenode.net. I am active most of the day CST.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008

Any update on my bug report? Just wondering if I should post more logs. It has happened a few other times on different ads.

Sorry for the delay, I have been a bit busy lately. I will take a look at your issue later today, I think ZealotSix is right and if he is it should be an easy fix.

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the problem and I think I have a fix. I will get a new build pushed out tomorrow.

Great, thanks for figuring it out. What was going on if I may ask?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

Basically what ZealotSix was saying, there was extra whitespace at the end of some advertisement URLs. The Double Click ad network was serving up data inconsistently. Passing the url with the carriage return included caused an exception from DirectX. The plugin was waiting for the ad to end, but MediaPortal never started it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom