Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (2 Viewers)

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can people post if they r working and if they are paid accounts?...I have a friend whose is working but his is a paid Pandora account...starting to believe this only affects free listeners.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, like I said for everything is fine and I'm free user.

Your log shows an error:

Code:
    26-Jan-2013 13:25:47 Error [		MusicBoxGUI]: Unexpected error! PandoraMusicBox.Engine.PandoraException: Attempting to get song length for an expired song

It says: "Attempting to get song length for an expired song"

Have you tried another channel/playlist?

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    in old new...yes, i certainly tried that...to no avail.

NEW DISCOVERY---it seems to be account dependent I created a new account and entered the information in and boom, it suddenly works again. WTF? Well now what do i do? i have heard about people reaching there limits and having issues but i have not. i can login to there site fine with the old account, and i have not reached any limits on anything. Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    more info - after hours of listening on the new account, it too began to start skipping songs, then shortly there after, simply played the first few seconds of each song. i did find that if i pause the song just as it starts, it will play through, but then you have to do that on every song or it will start failing. I did notice the timeframe it took to start failing is fairly close to the timeframe when pandora requires you to "click if your still listening" so i am wondering if this is related.

This all sounds a lot like what was happening in Sept and Oct at this post.

I added some logs to this post. they are the mediaportal, pandora and a couple other logs from me starting mediaportal, opening pandora, trying to play music, it skipped through a few songs, then i stopped it and closed out of mediaportal.

New info - After i posted the logs, i changed the account back to that of the first account that i was using a couple days ago....and now that account works again.

Attachments

• log (1).rar
      35.5 KB
    Last edited:

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    That's what I am thinking...I also read the pay account has 5 hour limit, unless you "interact" with the website. What would be considered an interaction through this plugin? Could it be made automatic?

http://blog.pandora.com/pandora/archives/2011/09/new-pandora-for.html

It would seem that there is no 40 hour limit at all...they dropped that some time ago.

Last edited:

ceric0

January 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue with only hearing the first 5 seconds or so. I can confirm:

- Playing from browser using the same account works fine.
    - Changing accounts to a new account will resolve the issue, for about 1 day - then the same problem starts happening.
    - I have upgraded from a free account to a paid account - this did nothing to fix the issue.

Such an awesome plugin too - anything we can do to help resolve the issue, let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Timothy Cobb

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2012
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    Home Country
    mine is working ok now, i just make sure to stop it and start it every few hours and that seems to have stopped the issue from happening. For when it does, i just copied the main plugin DLL and put a 2 a the end of the name. this will make another pandora plugin show up in your plugins (although the second one shows in Process plugins) then you can put 2 different accounts into 2 different pandora plugins...and if one doesnt work you can just jump to the other one.

AlexanderIanHall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2011
    I've been using Pandora Music Box plugin on a paid Pandora account for a year or more. Recently it seems that when I select 'I like this song' within the plugin it is actually doing a 'thumbs down' on the song when I then go and check on my Pandora Station Profile on www.pandora.com.

Can anyone else check if this is happening to them?

am on MP 1.3RC at present but this seemed to be happening prior to RC.

Thanks

Alex

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    I am trying the plugins that I currently use on my production MP 1.2.3 server on my MP 1.3 (currently running 1.3RC) test server and pandora is giving me an unexpected error, try again later. In the configuration screen my account is being authenticated. Are others having this issue?
    I am not planning on putting MP 1.3 into production until the offical release and all the plugins that I use work (really do not want the family getting on my case).

Thanks and everyone have a great day,

schumach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom