Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
June 13, 2011
Getting 'Missing or Invalid File' for PandoraMusicBox.xml in Titan and DefaultWide. Tried jkuch's skin files to no avail. Plugin starts after a few tries. Fanart only seems to work when I install the skin files for MP 1.3.

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Boston, MA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Getting 'Missing or Invalid File' for PandoraMusicBox.xml in Titan and DefaultWide. Tried jkuch's skin files to no avail. Plugin starts after a few tries. Fanart only seems to work when I install the skin files for MP 1.3.

Seeing the same behavior in 1.8 - it's a shame considering the departure of Last.FM - at least Pandora has a free option (unlike Spotify) and would likely be worth maintaining....

jackflack

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2008
    Alabama
    Home Country
    This is a copy of my submission for the bug report. I also attached the logs in case it yielded some additional information. I looked through them, but nothing stood out to me. I am hoping maybe fford might see this and take a look. I know he didn't author the program, but his is kinda genius when it comes to this stuff :)

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    1.Issue after update to 1.8.0 of MediaPortal or Fresh Install of MediaPortal 1.8.0 using PandoraMusic Box 1.3.3 (stable)
    2.Issue not present in MediaPortal 1.7.1 Hotfix using PandoraMusicBox 1.3.3
    3.Actual issue is that after the current song finishes playing, it does not move on to the next song.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead? When you launch PandoraMusicBox 1.3.3 you have a song automatically start from the last station you were listing to. When that song is over the expected behavior is that the stream will continue and the next song will start.
    This does not happen.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
    PandoraMusicBox 1.3.3. (stable) using MediaPortal 1.8.0 with StreamedMP 3.0.0.3440 as the skin file. Running on 64bit Widows 7 ultimate addition.

Please provide any additional information below.

Also there are two minor issues for me that need to be address from 1.6.0. to 1.7.0 changes in Media Portal. PandoraMusicBox will not launch on first attempt. On 2nd Attempt it will launch, but you get this error. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\pandoraMusicBox.xml is missing, which it is not. Stop Pandora song and exit pandora then launch it for a third time and all errors are cleared and FanArtHandler will load properly. This is in 1.7.1 Hotfix of MediaPortal

jon_in_phx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Looks like the developers have abandoned this plugin. Too bad since it was one of my favorites.

The problems I'm experiencing are described well by 'jackflack' in previous post dated July 27, 2014. I've added a little more info below.

In summary, two basic problems (using windows 7, Titan Extended skin, MP ver 1.9.0 pre):
    1) At first launch of PandoraMusicBox 1.3.3, a message box appears saying
    "Oops! Pandora MusicBox has encountered an unexpected error! Sorry about that, maybe retry or check for an update?"
    On retry, a second message appears on screen: "Missing or invalid file:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\PandoraMusicBox.xml".
    (A check of my files shows that this file does indeed exist.) However, the first song of the stream begins playing.
    2) The first song plays to completion, but does not advance to the second song of the stream.

I've found that in my case, problem 1) does not always occur (call it intermittent).
    After some experimenting, found that PandoraMusicBox works fine for an old MediaPortal version 1.4.0 that I had laying around. It fails for me in MP version 1.8.0 and 1.9.0 pre. I'm not sure about the other revs. Jackflack has narrowed the problem revisions in his description.

A couple new observations:
    1) After a song ends, I can manually advance to the next Pandora song by pressing the 'song advance' arrow (on screen or keyboard).
    2) Problem 2) above can be circumvented by switching the music player to 'Internal dshow' (configuration - Music - Player settings - General settings - Player - Internal dshow player).

I've attached a couple logs:
    The first log is MP version 1.4.0 with PandoraMusicBox working.
    The second log is MP version 1.9.0 pre after experiencing problems 1) and 2).

In both logs, the log folder was first cleared; MediaPortal launched; Then PandoraMusicBox was selected. The first log ends after the second song of the stream begins. The second log ends after experiencing problem 1), restarting PandoraMusicBox, and waiting for the second song which never starts.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of the Bass music player and how it interacts with PandoraMusicBox will take an interest and investigate this problem.

Attachments

• Log_MP_ver_1.4.0.zip
      12.3 KB
    • Log_MP_ver_1.9.0.zip
      13 KB

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    What's the downside (if any) to using internal dshow config for music. I really like the pandora plugin.

Anyone have any other plugins with similar functionality they'd recommend if this doesn't get fixed??

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What's the downside (if any) to using internal dshow config for music. I really like the pandora plugin.

From my perspective, you can't use WASAPI or ASIO which arguably have better fidelity of music playback and visualisation options like Milkdrop aren't available with the dshow player.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Anyone found a way to make this work on 1.12? I had it working on 1.8/9 but as soon as I updated to 1.12 it quit working.

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problems here.
    uploadfromtaptalk1436902157279.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom