Pandora MusicBox 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008
Re: Pandora MusicBox 1.0.4

Just wanted to post a quick update. The issue I was having with playback stopping has not occurred in a while. I have debugging enabled so if it pops up again I will post the logs.

Slammed1000

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Playback stopping at ads has also stopped for me. Might of been a Pandora thing?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country

No it would not be a Pandora thing. However I still need debug log files to determine what IS going on.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008

Ok I had it happen again and have the logs to prove it! I will attach the logs but I think see why this is happening. It is due to an illegal character. The mediaportal.log is reporting this:
Code:
2011-02-02 00:12:09.611000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper: isTv:False, isRadio:False, isRTSP:False, isAVStream:True
2011-02-02 00:12:09.612000 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper: disabled for this content
2011-02-02 00:12:09.612000 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: g_player: Error notifying user about unsuccessful playback of http://www.pandora.com/radio/util/mediaserverPublicRedirect.jsp?file=/in-tuner/2011/1/5_Hour_Energy__Q1_Mobile_and_Web_Audio_15s_1229.mp3
                             - System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path)
   at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.UnableToPlay(String FileName, MediaType type)
2011-02-02 00:18:27.207000 [Debug][DirectoryWorker(64)]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct strArtist, strAlbum, dateAdded, strGenre, strPath from tracks order by dateAdded desc limit 50;, Filter: tracks

Check out the logs and let me know! Thanks for the help!

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
February 5, 2011
Home Country

Okay I am in the process of setting up my first HTPC and am having problems with Pandora MusicBox. I installed MediaPortal and then installed Pandora MusicBox. It was not showing up anywhere. I was reading around and saw something about Streamed MP and thought that could be the problem. I installed that and then reinstalled Pandora. Still nothing. I tried it with the Streamed MP skin and Blue3Wide. Is there something I am missing?

I am new to HTPCs, but not new to technology. Any assistance anyone could give would be awesome.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country

Okay I am in the process of setting up my first HTPC and am having problems with Pandora MusicBox. I installed MediaPortal and then installed Pandora MusicBox. It was not showing up anywhere. I was reading around and saw something about Streamed MP and thought that could be the problem. I installed that and then reinstalled Pandora. Still nothing. I tried it with the Streamed MP skin and Blue3Wide. Is there something I am missing?

I am new to HTPCs, but not new to technology. Any assistance anyone could give would be awesome.

This plugin should work with either Streamed MP or Blue3Wide. First go to the Media Portal configuration, and select plugins on the left. Look for the Pandora icon, and right click it to ensure "enabled" is checked. While here, you will also want to configure the pandora plugin to enter your login info. The plugin can show in different locations, either your home menu or your plugins menu. You can change this to your liking in the right click menu as well. I'd recommend Home menu for now.

To make things easy on you, also Click General on the left, and then Skin. Ensure that "Start with BasicHome Screen" is unchecked. Many people prefer basic home, including myself, but it requires a bit more configuration, so leave it unchecked for now. Then click ok, and start media portal. You should see the pandora icon in your home menu, which is the menu you first see when you open Media Portal.

Hope this helps.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
February 5, 2011
Home Country

Got it! Thanks! My wife and I are really loving this HTPC and don't even have it setup completely setup.

No Limit

Portal Member
March 7, 2010
Home Country

Thank you so much for your awesome work. The plug in seems to work perfectly aside from one thing. I can not find where to change the station. Is there an option for this? I am using the latest version of StreamedMP, is that the problem?

Thanks again.

On edit: D'oh. I found it, it's in the context menu.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
April 11, 2008

Any update on my bug report? Just wondering if I should post more logs. It has happened a few other times on different ads.

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
August 18, 2008
Home Country

Check out the logs and let me know! Thanks for the help!

From looking at the log, it appears there is a carriage return at the end of the URL. This does not appear on other tracks. I suspect this is the source of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom