[patch] Choose the screen in which MP will start (fullscreen or window) (1 Viewer)

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Scubefr and tret when clicking on other screen than that where MP is running fullscreen no longer minimizes it, it only happened when MP was started in a window and is made fullscreen afterwards Alt+Enter, but in next svn15961 that should be fixed

timtim thanks for reporting those the aspect ratio mode problems and the way to reproduce :)
    i can reproduce this and will look into it.

erik070 when using "clone-mode" there is no second screen as far as the programs in windows care.. so that it isn't detected is right.
    "dual view" think that should be the way it should work. using newer drivers sometimes do wonders..

RaDiKal the configuration options now also show the monitor name. was kinda hard to find that name but found it. ;)
    and splash screen, yes would be nice to also have it move to the right screen but that has not been a priority yet.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    It's include in MP 0.2.3RC2
    MPsetup /general/ check "use screen selector" (or something like that) and the you can choose witch screen display MP must use with the selector at the bottom of this screen

Sorry, I'm unable to choose my second display in RC2, because the options is disabled. How can I fix this?!?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.gif
      Unbenannt.gif
      42.9 KB

konti

Portal Member
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    enable checkbox

in general settings - botom of the options you see "use screenslector to choose on which screen MP should start" if you enable that you can choose the screen.

RaDiKal

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2006
    Central New York State
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It's include in MP 0.2.3RC2
    MPsetup /general/ check "use screen selector" (or something like that) and the you can choose witch screen display MP must use with the selector at the bottom of this screen

Sorry, I'm unable to choose my second display in RC2, because the options is disabled. How can I fix this?!?

It would make sense to combine the check box "Use screenselector to choose on which screen MP should start" with the "Screen" drop down rather than hide the "Use..." checkbox in the scrollable list above.

mikimou

Portal Member
    July 17, 2007
    I have SVN:16065 and Vista Home, and now when MP launches on second screen the windows taskbar disappears from primary screen.

Aside from that MP, still minimizes whenever it's playing video on the secondary screen and I click on the primary screen.

Anyone with the same issues?

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    It seems that using the new Xface skin the strange resizing behavior is solved... using MpBlue was ok, too...
    so it was the skin's fault... very strange :D

fanoI

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have problem to view the video on my tv. i ve selected my TFT in Mediaportal under GENERAL / SCREEN

when i start mediaportal, i see the mediaportal-menu on my tft, thats ok. on my plasma i see a small MEDIAPORTAL STATUS PICTURE, perhaps ok.

over my tft i scroll to movie section, but if i want to play a film, i see the film only on the small TFT, but i want the film on my tv, but how ?

i use CATALYSTE 7.9, perhaps one can help me

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    noxx2, MP is made to display menu's and video on the same screen.. i believe there is some code that that tries to do target a other window for displaying video content on a other screen and dont believe its functional... but that is not what this patch/change was designed for. This patch/change allows you to start MP on a other monitor then the primary one, it does not allow you to let MP appear on monitor 1 and play movies on monitor 2.

you currently have 2 options i think:
    - set the display mode to "clone"
    - set MP to start on TV instead of tft

yatesd

Portal Pro
    April 30, 2007
    I also have the problem with MP being minimized under Vista when using it on a second screen. For me this seems to occur after about 40 mins even is nothing is manually changed on the Primary Window. I assume that this is Vista automatically doing something but I have disabled all power saving and screen saver options so I am not sure what it is - any ideas?

I am using the RC3 and the SVN from last Friday.

Just found elsewhere a suggestion that it is probably my AntiVirus that is updating in the background and this causes Vista to unfocus MP and minimize it. I will try this later but any othere suggestions would be great

Smolle

Portal Member
    August 7, 2007
    Hi! I had thesame problem. So i played a bit with the configuration and finda way to fix this. If you enter the Direct Show Filter Control, Video Mixing Renderer 9 Settings, disable "Use VMR 9 exclusive mode" and you got it.Till now it works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom