[patch] Choose the screen in which MP will start (fullscreen or window) (1 Viewer)

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    stanik that won't work because such a parameter does not exist.. yet. ;)

<EDIT>
    now it does in SVN 15779 - MP now supports the startup parameter /windowed
    </EDIT>

Hieronymus

Portal Member
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Hieronymus
    sorry for late response, i cant find why it doesn't work on Vista in the log files you uploaded..
    yes ive seen the errors but dont know what could cause them..

I think this will have to wait till more people that can programm have Vista and then hope one off em will find out how to make it work on Vista to..

i am sure its worth the trouble of making this work for Vista to.. dont think i would advise someone to exchange XP for Vista tho..
    Thanks for your efford so far Piba, I'll hope you'll figure it out sometime in the future. Just thinking out loud... with the window maximized and then autohide the menu (if at all possible) isn't that the same as viewing it in fullscreen mode?
    Anyway, I'll be patience. Its probably a 64bit issue and the world still needs to adjust to that...

Cheers.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    All of the desktop icons move to one display?

Hi there,

I tried it and it worked great except for one small thing and that's probably XP's fault.
    MP starts fine on the secondary display however all of the desktop icons move to the primary screen.
    I don't really care about order of icons but I have two screens, one with game icons and all other icons on the other screen. FYI. This makes it easier for the kids to find and play a game. :)
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place or to move them back when MP is closed?

Thanks for your efforts,

Nick Name

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    that issue should be fixed in the SVN version.. so please try and report back if its still there for you :)

Sorry to say this but in the last svn version the bug is always present... and another bug (but I think is my Pc fault...
    format time is reached) the videos file all black only sound is played :eek:

I'm using MediaPortal-svn--09-09-2007--09-06-Rev15813.exe

I try another svn and if the video is black again... I hope to repristinate the old Mp that I've backuped... but I'm losing
    the hope :mad:

fanoI

P.S. More strange... sometimes videos file are played correctly and then after I stop the playing the screen is resized OK....
    Strange bug is this, true?

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excuse the stupid question(s) but how do we install this patch & can it be installed in the latest SVN?

piba

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hieronymus , nope fullscreen is different than windowed at a size equal to that of the screen..

NickName, think that you need to try a few windows settings with "align to grid" and dont use "auto arrange".. if that dont help then i dont know why it happens.. do have a few icons on my secondary desktop myself and the always stay in place.. except when no secondary monitor is found and the secondary desktop is temporarily not there.. then my icons are moved to my primary desktop..

fanoI
    -i suppose the not playing video files also dont work on primary monitor right ? then please find or post another thread.
    -the strangely sized skin i need to look into further.. it is strange indeed..

EViS, the several SVN versions already contain the patch that previously was posted in this thread.. so just install RC2 + SVN and you should be able to configure it from "MediaPortal Configuration"
    in the "general" page check the option "Use screenselector to choose on which screen MP should start"
    and configure "Screen: "

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    @fanoI
    -i suppose the not playing video files also dont work on primary monitor right ? then please find or post another thread.
    -the strangely sized skin i need to look into further.. it is strange indeed..

Yes, the black video is not related to your patch is a bug of SVN version, it does on primary screen, too.... (I've signalated this on the SVNs sub forum)

Maybe it is Revision Skin fault?
    I've reverted to your original RC1 version... I will try with MP default skin (MP Blue) and I see if it resizes badly again...

Thanks for support,
    fanoI

stektslav

Portal Member
    March 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    CPU 100%

When I use the new svn build and set it to display mediaportal on my 2nd diplay (lcd TV) , the cpu usage goes to 100%. Anyone knows how to solve this ?

My graphics card is a Geforce 4 ti 4200

thankfull for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom