PC Games with Coverart & Screenshots/Fanart for StreamMP! Finished all Views! (1 Viewer)

thagerty

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Updated April 24-09: All views are now completed! Bugs fixed...hopefully!

Here is my edited version of myEmulators. It's meant for PC Games only, and will show your cover art and load a matching screenshot / fanart. Works great, but is used with StreamMP in all views.

I am using MP 1.01 and the newest myEmulators and StreamMP 0.8.448

I am no skinner and this is my first attempt after using MP for 1.5 years. This has been created using bits and pieces from other xml files on the forum and some of my own creation.

Here's what it currently looks like with the backdrop changing for each game. You could use screenshots or fanart!

Small Icons View:

mpmyempcgamessmallicons2jpg.jpg

mpmyempcgamessmallicons.jpg

mpmyempcgamessmallicons3jpg.jpg

Large Icons View:

mpmyempcgameslargeicons2.jpg

mpmyempcgameslargeicons.jpg

mpmyempcgameslargeicons3.jpg

LIST View:

mpmyempcgameslist3.jpg

mpmyempcgameslist.jpg

mpmyempcgameslist2.jpg

Filmstrip View.

mpmyempcgamesfs.jpg

mpmyempcgamesfs2.jpg

mpmyempcgamesfs3.jpg

Your cover art has to have the EXACT name (ie crysis.jpg) as your PC game Title and placed in the following directory (using Vista):

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\games\pc games

Your screenshot / fanart has to have the EXACT name (ie crysis.jpg) as your PC game Title and placed in the following directory (using Vista):

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\screenshots

You cannot have any ' in your Title, game path, exe or picture files and some PC games need to be run from a *.bat file. (limitations of myemulators)

Backup your myEmulators.xml and replace it with the one i included.

The screenshots / fanart are setup for 16:9 pictures (ie. 1280x720,1920x1080), so 4:3 pics will look stretched. (90% of my PC games are in widescreen 1080p). I will be updating a bit here and there and will post the changes here. Also you will have to change the "paths" in the myEmulators.xml for the images if you are using a different directory (ie XP).

ANY help or advice is greatly appreciated, just understand this may look different with emulators. I only use this for PC Games!

Attachments

• myEmulators.xml
    30.6 KB

thagerty

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I already need some help...

Is there a way to have myEmulators go DIRECTLY into your PC Games without going through the main Emulators screen first???

Also i wanted to see if I could have multiple screenshots for EACH game that cycle through automatically for the currently selected game. Maybe using the multi image option???

ie: If i was on Crysis, then myemulators would display and cycle whatever images i have in my "screenshots\crysis\" folder every 30 secs

If i was on Silent Hill, then myemulators would display and cycle whatever images i have in my "screenshots\Silent Hill\" folder every 30 secs

I tried putting this in to replace the screenshot section:

Code:
<control>
      <description>multi screenshot</description>
      <type>multiimage</type>
      <id>0</id>
      <posX>350</posX>
      <posY>15</posY>
      <width>862</width>
      <height>485</height>
      <timeperimage>30000</timeperimage>
      <imagepath>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\screenshots\#selecteditem\</imagepath>
      <fadetime>800</fadetime>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <randomize>True</randomize>
      <visible>!Control.IsVisible(1232)</visible>
    </control>

..... but it doesn't seem to recognise the #selecteditem for a folder name. If i put an actual folder name instead (ie crysis), then the pictures in my crysis folder will cycle, no problem...

What am I doing wrong???

Also...is it possible to have a video clip play instead of a screenshot? Like a game trailer or gameplay footage,etc... How would i do that???

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Could someone PLEASE tell me how to get rid or or change the position of the page numbers? (Bottom right)
    You can position the spin control off screen and also hide the up / down textures:
    Code:
    <spinPosX>-50</spinPosX>
    <spinPosY>-50</spinPosY>
    <textureUp>-</textureUp>
    <textureDown>-</textureDown>

When i push UP in Filmstrip, my TOP BAR shows up instead of the HIDDEN SIDE MENU.
    To invoke the hidden menu from the Filmstrip, you need to ensure that the <onup> ID references a control in the menu. Looking at your XML you need to reference ID 10-14.

So change to something like:
    Code:
    <onup>10</onup>
    I noticed two references to <onup> in your Filmstrip control, you should remove one of them.

thagerty

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank-you for your help. It helped me too finish this! All views are done, and polished up!

If anyone has tried this...let me know what you think!

Newest version is on the first post....and there is updated pics!

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using it in monochrome skin and it looks good.
    except the top menu and page numbers (bottom right) are missing but i do not miss it.

But, the name of the game, (lets say crysis) is much smaller than in your screenshots, can i chance the font size somewhere or is t because of the skin ?

thagerty

Portal Member
    January 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It could be because of the skin... or you may have to have your DPI set to LARGE in Windows (like I used to, though I found that caused issues on some skins, including StreamMP)... I also noticed that it effects some of the font sizes in any MP skin...

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is a great skin, but having some issues. If in filmstrip view, when you hit the back button on the remote while a game is highlighted, it will go ahead and play the game.

Also, is there a way to make this to where a default backdrop can be used? I have 1000s of emulated games and there's just no way I could make a backdrop for all of them.

Maybe I should take off work for 2 weeks and just make backdrops for all of 'em, would definitely be nice. :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also i wanted to see if I could have multiple screenshots for EACH game that cycle through automatically for the currently selected game. Maybe using the multi image option???

..... but it doesn't seem to recognise the #selecteditem for a folder name. If i put an actual folder name instead (ie crysis), then the pictures in my crysis folder will cycle, no problem...

What am I doing wrong???

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. AFAIK, multiimage does not support variables in the imagepath tag. You could put all your screenshots in one folder. Or, you could try to put the variable in a define code like this:
    Code:
    <define>#screenshots:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\myEmulators\screenshots\#selecteditem\</define>
    (Define codes go at the top of the xml before the <controls> tag. Then for imagepath you would enter the variable
    Code:
    <imagepath>#screenshots</imagepath>

I've never tired a variable for an imagepath, so it might only accept a folder name, but give it a try.

Also...is it possible to have a video clip play instead of a screenshot? Like a game trailer or gameplay footage,etc... How would i do that???

To get clips to play, I think it would have to be supported in the plugin - i.e. a facade that lists the clips or adds the clips as a separate item in the facade.

Nice work by the way. Looks great.

EDIT: Just a caution about multiimages - each one loads into memory so don't point to a folder with hundreds of images and keep the image filesize as small as possible to save memory and improve performance. MP does reclaim most of the memory when you exit screens, but I would suspect even if the define variable works (which I doubt) it will treat all your subfolders as one folder (ie. load them all into memory as they cycle)

dquancey

Portal Member
    July 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Can someone explain to me what im doing wrong please?

I have put the .jpg in the correct folders, around 300 times just incase i messed up.

It can play the game perfect. But it just has a Grey icon instead of the covert art. And nothing is appearing for the Fan Art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom