PC waking itself and TV Server not working after standby (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Are you talking about how to trigger a TV Server restart on resume? There is an option within Powerscheduler++ for that - advanced tab, "reinitialise service on wakeup".

As far as I know that doesn't work though. It certainly never did when I used XP and I had to use MPStandbyHandler to stop and restart the service, so I don't think it actually does a full stop/restart.

I just disabled PS++ to see if that prevents my PC waking up at wierd times, but I'll try it again sometime.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
As I thought, reinitialise with PS++ doesn't help.

At least my PC's stopped waking itself up at wierd times now. I've got the remote working after resuming by using the "Restart MP after resume" option, so I just need to find some way to automate stopping and restarting TVService after resume now.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I'm using a simple batch file with PS++ as shown here now (with nothing under :OnSuspend and net stop TVservice, net start TVservice under :OnWakeUp) and that's done the trick :)

EDIT: Actually that doesn't work, as the PC wakes up, MP restarts and then the TVService stops, leaving MP with an empty EPG (missing labels and everything) and then when TVService stops I get a "connection lost" error and have to restart MP to get the EPG working.

So I think I'll just need to amend the batch file to kill MP OnSuspend and start it after "net start TVservice" OnWakeUp.

I've also got a bit of a problem in that my PC went to sleep about 1 minute after I finished watching a file, but I'll see if the author of PS++ can help me work out what's going on there.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Well amending the batch file hasn't worked too well. Now I can't go to standby via the Start Menu (I've quit MP, but when I try it just blanks the screen briefly). From the log, it seems to be triggering a wakeup sequence and running my batch file, even though it hasn't actually gone to standby, and it only got as far as Stopping the TVService, which is now stuck on Stopping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom