PDVD11 uses HW decoding for VC1 in MP (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Ok i have try SAF6 test version and it fallback to software mode.
I retry with filter from cyberlink installation and it's ok :)

That is a nice mystery, is it not?
What can cause it?
It is somehow possible to detect, what .DLLs are in use ?
What makes it to work under other players, but fail only on MePo?

I dont get this...
BTW, your official PDVD use the same decoder revision as SAF?

EDIT:
Well, i found that missing "264dsse2.dll" is causing the issue here.
Still mystery for me, but at last it is working now.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That strange it's because in graphstudio i have the same (when fallback to software mode) so now i have 1:1 on my system @ least :)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I have been having problems with vc1. I need dxva to work as am on a zotac without enough processing power.
    I confess I haven't understood everything said here. Is there a way I can fix it? Vc1 shows ffdshow as the video decoder but powerdvd for h.264.
    I assume this is the same issue.
    By the way, the online videos plugin now has a dependency for lav filters. I have this installed. I do not know enough to tell if that could cause it. I have not tried uninstalling that and reinstalling saf.
    I only have unlocked saf6, not a powerdvd install.
    Best
    Ben

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In fact, we just see that PDVD11 didn't work well in DXVA for VC1 because of missing DLL.
    You can try rework of codec filter (Version 2) here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/826965-post3.html.
    With this build you can set LAV Splitter as source and set Codec (VC-1 one) :)

sorry but would you mind expanding? i installed the new bdhandler but thought that was for playing iso's or folder structures. my vc1 files are all mkvs. if this is still the fix could you tell me what i need to change?
    Ben

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Foxbenw,

BDHandler is to handle title selection for blu-ray (no menu) for menu you can give a try in Native Bluray Support (look @ my signature).
    So for all your mkv actually we can't set the codec we want to use and in actual official 1.2.2 MP take the codec from windows with the higher merit.
    Using SAF6 unlocked, you can have PDVD and otherwise you can use ffdshow or LAV Video decoder by using Nvidia Cuvid or Intel and now DXVA2 for ATI ;) but always MP use the higher merit.

Now this is why i'm working on rework of video codec section in MP to add the choice to select VC-1 codec and in addition with LAV suite, Version 2 can work together (MP and LAV) for the Directshow rebuild graph part :)

In this version (and if you want to talk about it, we can continue the discussion in the other thread) we force the use of LAV Splitter in video codec section (like the first screenshot of 1st Post) and we set the codec we want to use.

It's a global installer but i will compil later only binaries for 1.2.2 Final, like this you can try on your actual setup :)
    Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom