PDVD11 uses HW decoding for VC1 in MP (1 Viewer)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I have been trying to use PDVD for vc1 because ffdshow dxva is a bit stuttery. However in graph studio it is using ffdshow despite selecting PDVD for vc1 using the new configuration.exe.
    I guess this is the same issue as the OP. seems like it is a missing dll? Is this something that will be fixed in a saf release or is it not possible without a full PDVD install?
    Thanks
    Ben

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    The MP Configuration has no effect on GraphstudioNext (as far as I know). You could try to render a VC1 media file in Graphstudio and connect Cyberlink Video Decoder 11 instead of ffdshow.

I gave you further details via pm. I know this is frustrating to user reading this who are desperatly looking for information on this. Well this refers to a test build of MP and a test build of SAF so I wouldn't recommend this procedure to unexperienced users.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The MP Configuration has no effect on GraphstudioNext (as far as I know). You could try to render a VC1 media file in Graphstudio and connect Cyberlink Video Decoder 11 instead of ffdshow.

I gave you further details via pm. I know this is frustrating to user reading this who are desperatly looking for information on this. Well this refers to a test build of MP and a test build of SAF so I wouldn't recommend this procedure to unexperienced users.

as per pm and the other thread, i am delighted with the results.

I have installed the saf 606 test version and pdvd works great with vc1 and h264. i am still using ffd audio but at least i have something working no matter what. i did not need to copy any other dll after the 606 install. maybe hoborg has added it to the installation?

fyi for this thread, although i posted in the other thread about the new codec selection tab, i also tried the test dxva2 lav installation by copying the test files into the saf lav folder and i also got lav working for vc1 and h264. if anything lav looks better than pdvd so for now i will use dxva2 via lav video decoder.

a question, though. is there an advantage of pdvd over lav or vice versa for subtitles? forced or otherwise? both work well so now i can choose between 2! oh, the luxury.
    Ben
    :D

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Hi foxbenw,

I'm glad, that I could be at least a little help for you and to be honest: at the time I joined MP (1.0 RC1 or 2) I was split between being facinated about what's possible
    and mad with things that not worked so well. In the end one can master all the necessary settings and enjoy the bounty of ones labor :)

a question, though. is there an advantage of pdvd over lav or vice versa for subtitles? forced or otherwise? both work well so now i can choose between 2! oh, the luxury.

No advantage that I know. Haven't tested LAV DXVA yet .. could you give me a link to the files, please?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you use MPC-HC Engine subtitle is equal on PDVD and LAV :)
    Thanks to LAV author to give us a real good codec suite :))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom