MP2 - V2.1 Picture freeze when jumping forward (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
    Hello,

For quite some time I occasionally encounter the following issue:

Playback of (cut) mkv movie files is working normally, however, when moving forward/backward, the picture freezes while audio continues to play normally. Until now I was suspecting a bad recording but now I believe that there is another issue given the following elements:
    • The original ts file is behaving OK when played from the recording folder.
    • The cut mkv file can be stopped/continued and skipped as desired in WMC
    • I can't move forward in the cut mkv file. Once paused, MP2 displays the described weird behavior.
      • Even more, when the file is played again and the option "start replay from ..." is selected, then the same issue occurs: screen stays dark while audio is playing from the desired time onwards
      • Playback starts normally if started from the beginning of the file. Jumping forward yields the same problem again.
    I don't understand what is happening since the great majority of cut files behaves as expected. It only happens sometimes. However, I recorded "Hidden figures" now five times and had the same problem with each recording.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Not reproducible in each occasion.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-03-12-09.13.13.zip
      454.4 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to playback the file inside GraphEdit with same filters as in MP2? It should be LAV as source splitter and codecs by default, but it would be good to check the used graph in MP2 what filters are exactly used.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to playback the file inside GraphEdit
    I tried, but it isn't working.

I assume that I am doing something daft. I was using GraphEdit 64 but can't connect to any remote stream - the windows stays empty. The attempt to manually start playing the file fails. Do I maybe need to install additional libraries?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you try to connect the MP2 graph please use the 32 Bit version. On Windows 10 you also need to register the proppage.dll once (regsvr32). It is often included in Graphedit/Graphstudio(Next) downloads.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is the MP2 graph:
    MP2 Grapg.JPG

This is the same file played from GraphEdit. It is pulling VMR instead EVR though. There is no Fast Forward so I can test the problematic function.
    GraphEdit 1.JPG

And this is the situation when MP2 is not running in parallel - the system is pulling MS-DTV now:
    GraphEdit 2.JPG

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is this problem solved or still open? I think I faced the same last days and found this thread by search function.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not come across the issue recently, therefore I'll mark this thread as "Not reproducible".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom